PDA

View Full Version : i think we should calm down

TypicalBill
09-22-2003, 03:06 AM
ok so we lost our 1st game, we knew i was gonna come anyway and the fact that we lost it away from home and against a very good team with one of the top 3 RB's in the league makes me feel better. OK, so they're Miami, our rival but id rather lose a game early and make our offense feel that they're not perfect and they'll have to work hard if they wanna beat a tough opponent. We had our opportunities in the 1st half but we didn't capitalise and thats the difference between the winner and the loser in tight, defensive games like that. we said before the season that 3-1 or even 2-2 would be very good for us.. well we have a home game next week that could put us to 3-1. Its a long season and i think all the hype in the media caught up with some of us and it was as if we were gonna go 16-0 and that no team was gonna stop us. I thought our D played outstanding and its the real deal but they cant do anything when the offense goes 3 and out and they have to stay on the field for 40+mins. We should come back determined next week and that should show us the character of this team.

Cntrygal
09-22-2003, 03:11 AM
Great post TB. :up:

I just got home from work and haven't read thru all the threads yet... but geesh... the few threads that I have read. :shakeno:

Jan Reimers
09-22-2003, 07:40 AM
I think we should pray for a running game.

IHateTheDullphins
09-22-2003, 07:50 AM
If Henry wants to keep his job, or cash in with another team, he's gonna have to step it up quite a bit! He makes me nervous, it just looks like he's not finding hole, granted the O line isn't helping, but that's what separates good backs from great backs.

Halbert
09-22-2003, 07:53 AM
No. The sky is definitely falling.

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 07:53 AM
Nice post TB. it's a long way to go. 2-1 is not a bad place to be. Esp. since I still think we should run off with our next 4, I'm not worried at all.

I'll say this 100 times today, but the Home team wins that game 9 out of 10 times.

Turf
09-22-2003, 08:17 AM
Well I can handle most everything that happened. But not coming away with at least 3 points twice inside the red zone fried me. That stupid HB option (eclipses the fake punt from last week, more GW brilliance), then Drew fixed on Moulds for the INT, when two Bills were off to the right of the field with 1 defender, and he never even looked that way once.
Drew was aweful. He was going to force it into Moulds all night. It was a bad idea.

snow1989
09-22-2003, 08:22 AM
The reason we evidently went with that red-zone gadget play was because there is no faith in the running game....inside the 10 a team needs to be able to pound the ball in 9 out of 10 times. The only concern I have (and have had) is the lack of a running game..and if Henry keeps performing the way he is you can bet McGahee gets his crack at it this year