PDA

View Full Version : Bengals left searching for answers

Cntrygal
09-22-2003, 06:53 AM
Marvin Lewis must have had a good reason for not starting the Bengals' best receiver, but whatever it is, we may never know.

After the Bengals' 17-10 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, Cincinnati's head coach said Chad Johnson didn't start because "of a decision that was made by the team and myself."

more... (http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/daily/0922benside.html?urac=n&urvf=10642314243150.6407721957128968)

stuckincincy
09-22-2003, 10:21 AM
CJ was late for a team meeting. He went into the game in the second series. Bengal's big big problem: Lack of depth at almost all positions.

BTW, I really like your "Integrity first etc." Where'd that originate?

Cntrygal
09-23-2003, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the update cincy (on CJ).

The "Integrity First etc"... is the core values for the Air Force.
:patriot:

stuckincincy
09-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Cntrygal, thanks for the info re the USAF motto.

BTW have you ever read or heard the extremely beautiful and inspiring poem, "High Flight"?

Back in the old days when TV had the decency to shut off for the night, in Bflo the stations would close for the night with things like Mahalia Jackson singing gospel, a Catholic program called Insight (with Efram Zimbalist, Jr.), and the poem High flight, recited to the backdrop on an F-104 Starfighter in flight. Then always the Star Spangled Banner.

The Spaz
09-23-2003, 09:21 AM
HCC Honor, Courage, Commitment- US NAVY!:)

Cntrygal
09-24-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
Cntrygal, thanks for the info re the USAF motto.

BTW have you ever read or heard the extremely beautiful and inspiring poem, "High Flight"?

Back in the old days when TV had the decency to shut off for the night, in Bflo the stations would close for the night with things like Mahalia Jackson singing gospel, a Catholic program called Insight (with Efram Zimbalist, Jr.), and the poem High flight, recited to the backdrop on an F-104 Starfighter in flight. Then always the Star Spangled Banner.

Ahhhh.... The good ole days......

Originally posted by The Spaz
HCC Honor, Courage, Commitment- US NAVY!:)

:patriot:

Historian
09-24-2003, 07:17 AM
I actually think the Cinci game will be tough. No more penciling a win in with them, thats for sure.

Cntrygal
09-24-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Billsology
I actually think the Cinci game will be tough. No more penciling a win in with them, thats for sure.

I agree with ya.

stuckincincy
09-25-2003, 09:29 AM
Update on Chad Johnson not starting vs. Pittsburgh. It wasn't for being late at a meeting...it was, how shall I put it?..."sassy language".

Cntrygal
09-26-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
Update on Chad Johnson not starting vs. Pittsburgh. It wasn't for being late at a meeting...it was, how shall I put it?..."sassy language".

WOW... it must have been pretty "sassy". Do you have a link for it, or did you just hear it on local radio/tv?

stuckincincy
09-26-2003, 09:17 AM
There was just a short line in the n'paper.