I'm going to complain about the officiating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I'm going to complain about the officiating...

but not that meaningless touchdown at the end of the game, or the interception that wasn't (the next one was better anyway).

When Miami scored their first TD, there was a holding penalty called on Buffalo. Well, on that same play, one of the Bills D-lineman (Denney I think) jumped to try to tip the pass and got held by his facemask. It was at the top of the screen and fairly blatant, but there was no call. This lead to the turning point of the game- each team was equally inept on offense at this point.

And perhaps the worst part is that the Bills were flagged for illegal hands to the face a play or two before this....

I also think Surtain may have held Moulds on an incomplete 3rd down play, but they didn't show the replay clearly enough to tell.

The offense played so poorly that I can't say that either of these calls would have definitely turned the game around, but we shouldn't have to beat the Dolphins AND the refs to win.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • StanMarino13
    • Jul 2003

I thought it was only silly Fin fans that made excuses?? I.E. Ray Lucas and 6 turnovers?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

The officiating didn't beat us. Their running game and our complete lack thereof did.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by StanMarino13
        I thought it was only silly Fin fans that made excuses?? I.E. Ray Lucas and 6 turnovers?
        I said it probably didn't change the outcome- that's not the point. Bad calls are bad calls and the NFL needs to do something about it. Don't call one team for illegal hands to the face then let it slide when the other team pulls a guy out of the air by his facemask.

If I wanted to make excuses, I could be complaining about the last touchdown, but regardless of the call, it was inconsequential. The Bills had already lost at that point, and there's a good chance Miami would have scored on 4th down anyway.
        Last edited by OpIv37; 09-22-2003, 07:35 AM.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

The officiating did not cost us the game but they were bad as usual. There was no way that TD should have been over turned. That had to stay as called on the field. There was not conclusive evidence. We would not have scored anyway.....................our O could not have scored against the Dolphins Cheerleaders last night.
          Refs will blow some calls our way as the season goes along. Thier stupidity usually evens out after 16 games.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            The officiating didn't beat us. Their running game and our complete lack thereof did.

Guys, we have to face reality here. A few calls didn't go our way, but they WERE NOT anywhere near the difference in the game.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

I think most people realize that.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                I think most people realize that.
                True. I just read the first post.

Comment

• StanMarino13
                  • Jul 2003

The td with 2 minutes left? Looked like a td to me, what was wrong with it? Usually every game refs miss calls like that on the line. I'm sure its hard to see in the trenches, every oline could have more penalties called on it seeing as how they are all taught how to hold and get away with it.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

I didn't like the officiating in any of the games I watched yesterday! Hence, the sig below!
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Unless you thought Jax and the pats games were officiating abortions and posted as well, it's a tough sell for a thread like this after yesterday.

I am still all for full time Refs

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

The td with 2 minutes left? Looked like a td to me, what was wrong with it?
                        forward motion stopped, elbow on the ground before the ball went over the line, but I guess they didn't blow the whistle so that made it ok to change the call.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

It wasn't the ref's. It was all the O's fault. No one else's. When a team isn't able to score a lot of points , they give the ref's a chance to blow the game away. Our O couldn't even score. Let's not look elsewhere but within ourselves when it comes to weaknesses.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

The td with 2 minutes left? Looked like a td to me, what was wrong with it? Usually every game refs miss calls like that on the line. I'm sure its hard to see in the trenches, every oline could have more penalties called on it seeing as how they are all taught how to hold and get away with it.
                            I didn't think it was a TD. It looked like his forward progress was stopped, and that was the call on the field. There was nothing in the review to reverse the call, IMO. The same can be said if it was called a TD to begin with - the replay didn't prove or disprove anything.

That said, I think Ricky would have taken the next play in anyway.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                              • Jul 2002

I can see your side of the arguement. My side is valid too. You can argue it both ways. That is why it should not have been overturned. The rule states there must be conclusive evidence to overturn which there was not.

Comment

Working...
                              X