PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents on the game....kinda long

ryjam282
09-22-2003, 07:47 AM
If I have to listen to Joe "Friggin" Thesimann one more time say "PRESTON" Prioleau instead of his real name I am just gonna puke on myself. I mean he is a professional announcer for the #1 sports network in the world and he can't even get someones name right (more then a few times).

Now, to the game......

All of a sudden we can't protect Drew? The first two games he sat back there like a duck on a pond and picked people apart and I have been hearing so much about how strong and great Mike Williams was this year and he has been pushing people backwards. Well, that Ogunleye absolutely dominated him all night long, pretty much. I can't believe how bad our offense looked ALL NIGHT LONG.

Did you notice another Josh Reed drop that hit him in the hands? I did....I am a Reed backer but he is starting to piss me off with these things. I know that Moulds dropped one but if you catch 100 balls then you are entitled to a drop every now and again. I guess Surtain and Marion really got into Moulds' head since he was a non factor (but that could have been because Drew had no time to throw)

All of a sudden Travis Henry is not looking for holes to run into? The 2 times he carried he just ran straight ahead and got nothing, I know some of that has to do with the offensive line but last year he would have broken it to the outside for at least something (Ricky did it a few times). He just doesn't seem to have that fire that he had last year. He isn't hitting the holes with the same authourity and driving people backwards. I am waiting for McGahee to get back healthy so he can push Henry and he can get back to the way he was. Maybe he has been reading his own press clippings from last year on how good he WAS, but he isn't so far this year.

I know it is only one game and I for one was saying that if we were 2 and 2 in the first 4 I would be happy. But, the way this team played in the first 2 games I guess I was just expecting more from this team, yano, a little consistency. This was there first chance on a national spolight, since the preseason game against Tennessee, to show they are for real, and the only thing they showed is that there D is much improved and can now keep them in games but that is really it. All this hype they have received in the early going is all GONE and rightly so. They really need to step it up next week and get back on track.

I just hope this was one of those games for the Offense cause they really looked like DOO-DOO in my opinion. But, wasn't the Defense fun to watch a little? That Winfield. He is just awesome, I swear if we don't resign him I will be very upset. He and Clements compliment each other so damn well.

Everyone is making a big deal down here in South Florida about Ricky Williams and how he had 153 yards rushing. HE HAD 43 carries for christ sakes. That is just over a 3 yard average so it isn't like he absolutely dominated us. The O line had good push all night and the D tackles just looked tired at the end. It isn't all there fault, when you are on the field for 43 minutes or so. What do you expect....

Sorry I am just ranting and am very upset at this loss, as I am sure you all are.

GO BILLS, get this train back on track.

Ryan

IHateTheDullphins
09-22-2003, 08:10 AM
Great post! I agree with everything you said. Last night I was kind of hoping Lawrence Taylor would bust into the announcers booth and snap Thiesmans other leg. He is the worst of the worst!

Pride
09-22-2003, 08:16 AM
I disagree about Winfield. He cannot cover a WR for crap! Yeah, he can make a great tackle on a RB, but that isnt his job. His job is to take a WR out of a game. He was ALWAYS 2 steps behind his guy, and his height is starting to show as a negative.