PDA

View Full Version : Should Drew have been pulled last night?

Bulldog
09-22-2003, 08:21 AM
I for one think that Drew should have been yanked at the start of the fourth quarter. It was obvious by that point in the game that he was off and the Bills O needed a spark. Based on Drews performance, there is no way AVP could have played any worse. Just curious as to what other peoples thoughts are.

XNOUGHT
09-22-2003, 08:30 AM
YES!!

Listen, I am from NE, AND DREW DOES THIS CRAP EVERY YEAR!

We started off 4-0 the two season before we wont 5-11.

Drew looks GREAT at the begginning of the season, then his brain breaks down, he locks on, and he falls apart.

He did this so much, that there was a section on our fans that were BEGGING to get rid of him.

He has all the tools, but his head is messed up.

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 08:57 AM
did his play warrant him being pulled? sure.

if you pull him, could it screw up everything for the entire year? yes.

Ð
09-22-2003, 09:00 AM
Nah, you do that in the CFL...i.e. bush league.

Dozerdog
09-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Is AVP going to get Moulds open? No

Is AVP going to spark the running game? No

Michael82
09-22-2003, 09:09 AM
Should Marques Sullivan get a chance to take his spot back? HELL YEAH! I am digusted with what I have seen from Pucillo so far and today he just walked aside to let the Dolphins come in and sack Bledsoe. :madcurse:

justasportsfan
09-22-2003, 09:15 AM
The game was still up for grabs at the 4th qrtr. You don't bench your franchise qb because of 1 bad game. It wasb't entirely Drews fault. The problem w/ Drew is that he forces things when he gets desperate.

Like I said before, Drew does not have to try to do things all on his own. We need a running games to keep Drew from getting deperate and making those bonehead throws especially IN THE FKIN ENDZONE. :cry:

Billsbabee
09-22-2003, 09:16 AM
I really don't think pulling Drew would have been the difference. He has something like 26 or 27 4th qrtr comebacks, not that I thought he could pull one off last night, but there was always that chance. Do I think it would have been something negative going forward? Yes. He is the leader that those guys count on and he needs to finish it. We weren't out of it going into the 4th. Besides, it wasn't just Drew playing bad it was the whole offense. He shouldn't have to shoulder it for all of them.

Billsbabee
09-22-2003, 09:18 AM
And, ya can't punish him for the guys dropping his passes. He had a couple sure yards picker uppers that were plain out dropped....not his fault.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-22-2003, 09:18 AM
I don't actually put the blame on that game on just Drew's shoulders. The entire offense was bad and the Miami defense was that good.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2003, 09:22 AM
If we had mustered any kind of running attack, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

LarryBoy
09-22-2003, 09:34 AM
I agree....we need a running game, AVP would not have savd this game.

The Spaz
09-22-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Should Marques Sullivan get a chance to take his spot back? HELL YEAH! I am digusted with what I have seen from Pucillo so far and today he just walked aside to let the Dolphins come in and sack Bledsoe. :madcurse:

I don't agree I thought Mike Williams and Jonas Jenning are supposed bookend OT's absolutely sucked. I don't think Jonas allowed a sack but he let Taylor get by him quite often. As far as Mike Williams a man that big and powerful shouldn't be driven back by a player 50-80 lighter then he is!:scratch: :ape:

Dozerdog
09-22-2003, 09:43 AM
It would have been interesting if the Bills had a scrambler as an option to go to - I'm not saying Mike Vick by any means - or even Flutie, but a guy who can tuck it away and run for 8-13 yards - that would have made the game a bit more interesting.

I didn't like and still don't like this 2 QB system- we need a 3rd, and it's not Travis Brown.

I'm not saying Akili Smith is the answer- but someone like that would have been an interesting option (Shaun King type)

imbondz
09-22-2003, 09:44 AM
the last thing you do is pull Bledsoe.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2003, 09:45 AM
If you have absolutely no running game, a mobile QB helps. HELP!

Bulldog
09-22-2003, 10:14 AM
The two INTs were his fault! And maybe AVP would have provided a spark. At that point in the game the Bills needed something to get them going. I am not saying that if AVP enters that game that the Bills win, just thought a chage of pace may have shaken things up a bit. While I will admit that the entire O' was awful, Drew was equally disappointing!

LtBillsFan66
09-22-2003, 10:20 AM
NO WAY!

Drew made some mistakes, yes. But there were also some key drops. A dumb HB pass. And give some credit to the Miami D.

The O didn't get things in gear. Collectively.

You got to live and die with your leader in there.

justasportsfan
09-22-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
The two INTs were his fault! And maybe AVP would have provided a spark. At that point in the game the Bills needed something to get them going. I am not saying that if AVP enters that game that the Bills win, just thought a chage of pace may have shaken things up a bit. While I will admit that the entire O' was awful, Drew was equally disappointing!

This is exactly what wys was trying to tell everyone. ;) . Not even a Montana or Farve (during his prime) could've bailed out an O that didn't have a glimpse of running attack or an OL to help the passing game.

ultimatefinfan
09-22-2003, 10:31 AM
One thing that Fiedler is better than bledsoe at is keeping composure, Fiedler is known for shrugging off mistakes and making plays, as he did with that QB draw late in the game to run valuable time off the clock...i dont know whats with Bledsoe's head...if he gets rocked early he struggles (as was projected)

Could u imagine if Drew had Jay's heard and determination, you would have a hall-of-fame QB (if drew isnt one already)

Michael82
09-22-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
It would have been interesting if the Bills had a scrambler as an option to go to - I'm not saying Mike Vick by any means - or even Flutie, but a guy who can tuck it away and run for 8-13 yards - that would have made the game a bit more interesting.

I didn't like and still don't like this 2 QB system- we need a 3rd, and it's not Travis Brown.

I'm not saying Akili Smith is the answer- but someone like that would have been an interesting option (Shaun King type)

Imagine Daunte Culpepper's legs on Drew Bledsoe. :drool:

He would have eaten the Dolphins alive with those runs up the middle. He had a lot of room to room last night, but just cant do it. :(

Rude American
09-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Baseball:

a guy goes 0 for 1.
0 for 2
0 for 3

Do you pull him? Why would you?

then in his 4th AB, homerun.

My point: don't pull a guy just because he's struggling. Let him fight back, try to find his groove.

Billsbabee
09-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ultimatefinfan

Could u imagine if Drew had Jay's heard

No way, those ears kill me! :fiedler: :D

Hey! Where's the Fiedler-ears smilie??