Should Drew have been pulled last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Should Drew have been pulled last night?

I for one think that Drew should have been yanked at the start of the fourth quarter. It was obvious by that point in the game that he was off and the Bills O needed a spark. Based on Drews performance, there is no way AVP could have played any worse. Just curious as to what other peoples thoughts are.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • XNOUGHT
    • Mar 2003

YES!!

Listen, I am from NE, AND DREW DOES THIS CRAP EVERY YEAR!

We started off 4-0 the two season before we wont 5-11.

Drew looks GREAT at the begginning of the season, then his brain breaks down, he locks on, and he falls apart.

He did this so much, that there was a section on our fans that were BEGGING to get rid of him.

He has all the tools, but his head is messed up.
    I'm lost.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

did his play warrant him being pulled? sure.

if you pull him, could it screw up everything for the entire year? yes.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ð
        1-800-SAD-GOAT
        • Jul 2002

Nah, you do that in the CFL...i.e. bush league.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Is AVP going to get Moulds open? No

Is AVP going to spark the running game? No

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Should Marques Sullivan get a chance to take his spot back? HELL YEAH! I am digusted with what I have seen from Pucillo so far and today he just walked aside to let the Dolphins come in and sack Bledsoe.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

The game was still up for grabs at the 4th qrtr. You don't bench your franchise qb because of 1 bad game. It wasb't entirely Drews fault. The problem w/ Drew is that he forces things when he gets desperate.

Like I said before, Drew does not have to try to do things all on his own. We need a running games to keep Drew from getting deperate and making those bonehead throws especially IN THE FKIN ENDZONE.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Billsbabee

I really don't think pulling Drew would have been the difference. He has something like 26 or 27 4th qrtr comebacks, not that I thought he could pull one off last night, but there was always that chance. Do I think it would have been something negative going forward? Yes. He is the leader that those guys count on and he needs to finish it. We weren't out of it going into the 4th. Besides, it wasn't just Drew playing bad it was the whole offense. He shouldn't have to shoulder it for all of them.

Comment

• Billsbabee

And, ya can't punish him for the guys dropping his passes. He had a couple sure yards picker uppers that were plain out dropped....not his fault.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

I don't actually put the blame on that game on just Drew's shoulders. The entire offense was bad and the Miami defense was that good.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

If we had mustered any kind of running attack, we wouldn't even be talking about this.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• LarryBoy
                        The world needs a hero!
                        • Apr 2003

I agree....we need a running game, AVP would not have savd this game.
                        Bills Rock!

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mike32282
                          Should Marques Sullivan get a chance to take his spot back? HELL YEAH! I am digusted with what I have seen from Pucillo so far and today he just walked aside to let the Dolphins come in and sack Bledsoe.
                          I don't agree I thought Mike Williams and Jonas Jenning are supposed bookend OT's absolutely sucked. I don't think Jonas allowed a sack but he let Taylor get by him quite often. As far as Mike Williams a man that big and powerful shouldn't be driven back by a player 50-80 lighter then he is! :ape:

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

It would have been interesting if the Bills had a scrambler as an option to go to - I'm not saying Mike Vick by any means - or even Flutie, but a guy who can tuck it away and run for 8-13 yards - that would have made the game a bit more interesting.

I didn't like and still don't like this 2 QB system- we need a 3rd, and it's not Travis Brown.

I'm not saying Akili Smith is the answer- but someone like that would have been an interesting option (Shaun King type)

Comment

• imbondz
                              Democrats are people too
                              • Jan 2003

the last thing you do is pull Bledsoe.
                              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                              X