Shows how momentum and small things can really sway a football game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Shows how momentum and small things can really sway a football game!

We could have easily had a 14-0 lead in this game. If that halfback option isn’t called we may have scored and if Drew sees Henry standing in the flat all by himself, that’s an easy 7 points.

Then again, if Fiedler doesn’t over throw, Chambers, the Phins end the game earlier.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Travis Hunter
    • Jul 2002

GW doesn't seem to understand momentum.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
      I'd agree with that, I had no problem with the punt last week, but that call last night changed the whole game.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
        • Aug 2003

Why run a trick play inside the 10 yard line?

Of course that was the worst HB pass I have ever seen. If he threw the ball farther it would have been a TD.

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

What about the momentum we had after the Clements TD run? We had plenty of time on the clock when we got the ball back and we could do nothing with it. I just can't believe we couldn't sustain ONE drive all night long to get some semblence of an offense going

GO BILLS!!

Ryan

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
            We could have easily had a 14-0 lead in this game. If that halfback option isn’t called we may have scored and if Drew sees Henry standing in the flat all by himself, that’s an easy 7 points.

Then again, if Fiedler doesn’t over throw, Chambers, the Phins end the game earlier.
            Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
            Why run a trick play inside the 10 yard line?

Of course that was the worst HB pass I have ever seen. If he threw the ball farther it would have been a TD.
            You know what I'm thinkin? Henry's Ribs were dinged VERY early in this game- and either he didn't say anything because of McGahee's shadow or GW is a bigger idiot than we think

On the HB option, That ball was thrown like a whiffle ball... he couldn't get it more then 15 yards downfield. Looked like a guy with broken/seperated ribs threw it.

After that play, I think it set in with the team that Henry really was hurting- Drew knew it and I'm guessing the Fins realized it too- Why else would Drew not throw it to him when he was WIDE open? Why would the Fins ignore him in coverage?

One thing that caught my eye was after the INT, they did a really long shot on the replay (so they could draw in their X's and O's. ) I watched Henry's reaction during and after the play. He gave a tiny wave to Bledsoe during the pass, and after the INT he was emotionless. Sur ehe was a bit deflated, like the rest. But he didn't raise his arms, give the obligatory "Aw man , I was WIDE OPEN" kind of demonstration most guys have . He just walked off with his arms somewhat motionless at this side.

After that, we never saw Henry again.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I think we might see Simonton back if Henry is out next week

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                What about the momentum we had after the Clements TD run? We had plenty of time on the clock when we got the ball back and we could do nothing with it. I just can't believe we couldn't sustain ONE drive all night long to get some semblence of an offense going

GO BILLS!!

Ryan
                Agree on that, but I think we would have seen 15 less carries from RW if they were playing from behind in this one

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
                  Or the concept "RUNNING GAME."
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ultimatefinfan
                    • Sep 2003

your backup was running better than henry too....u guys bailed, reminded me of our current coaching staff...

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                      I think we might see Simonton back if Henry is out next week
                      Who do you think is cut or moved to the practice squad?
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Halbert
                        I'm Not Normal
                        • Jul 2002

Think about the times your favorite team loses a game to a big underdog and I'm sure you can remember hearing the phrase "they allowed them to believe they could win it".

Now think about a team that goes into the game favored, yet undoubtedly had some concern about staying with the hottest team in the league. It wouldn't take much to make them believe they could win it, and we gift wrapped the momentum perfectly.

Early in the game Miami did not look good. They were tentative and making mistakes. Yet when the Bills gave them the ball back on two straight possessions inside the 10, well you could almost see their chests puff up a little more.

Put one of those two in the end zone and kick another for a FG and you've got a COMPLETELY different game. The defense would feel obligated to adjust and the offense wouldn't have simply pounded the ball straight ahead.

But even the best NFL team is highly unlikely to win turning the ball over twice at the goalline. Only a turnover returned for a TD is more energizing for a team. Once that happened the game was virtually over.

Comment

• shelby
                          The Vanilla *****
                          • Jul 2002

Hal predicted a loss, and everyone thought he was crazy.

Hal...predict a win for us next weekend, will you????

Comment

• Ð
                            1-800-SAD-GOAT
                            • Jul 2002

He's a genius. A genius, I tell ya.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I want to hear some comments from our players before a win is predicted.

Hopefully the players are taking this better than the fans, because if they have the same attitude most people on this site have, our season is over

Comment

Working...
                              X