PDA

View Full Version : Let’s look at the Bright side!

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 08:46 AM
I’m sure that most of you are not ready to move on but….

After 3 games we’re 2-1 and tied (it’s too early for tiebreakers) for first place!

We have 4 VERY winnable games on the horizon (3 at home)!

So I think we could possible be 6-1 going into the KC game!

The Jets are TERRIBLE and shouldn’t be a contender for the division!

New England will be tough, but we beat them once and don’t get them again til week 17!

And we all know that Miami will lose their last 5 to miss the playoffs.

So you see, it’s a two-team race and we’re looking good!

Novacane
09-22-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

After 3 games we’re 2-1 and tied (it’s too early for tiebreakers) for first place!

New England will be tough, but we beat them once and don’t get them again til week 17!

!

6-1 is possible going into the KC game.

NE won't be a factor IMO. Too many injuries. Big Ted broke his leg yesterday. Thier D can't keep up with all the losses they are sustaining

justasportsfan
09-22-2003, 09:02 AM
The bright side of the loss is that, we will not look passed any team we will face and fix what needs to be fixed. This was an eye opener for any weaknesses this team has.

We know now that our OL although dominant the first two games still needs to be worked on.

We know we can't win without a running game. Some people have said we don't need to be successful at running as long as we balance the no of plays. It worked for the Jags but not a D that was no. 3 last year. Well we needed the run to open up the pass last night.

What was once thought as our strength was the OL opening holes for the run game last year took a step back which had the pass protection as being our strength the first two games. Neither of that showed up. Not even a glimpse.

There is no doubt in my mind we have a good football team . The character of this team will reveal itself in how we are able to bounce back. It's all up to the coaches to get this team past the loss and back in track.

PhinPhan1227
09-22-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

And we all know that Miami will lose their last 5 to miss the playoffs.

So you see, it’s a two-team race and we’re looking good!

Two of the games we play in December are an at home game against the Jets, and a game against the Pats. Both of those are VERY winnable games, even for the Phins in December.

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 09:14 AM
You guys never worry me because just like the leafs fall and the snow flies, the Phins will go belly up in December.

Not worried one bit!

Dozerdog
09-22-2003, 09:37 AM
No Milloy- No more Colvin, No Ted Johnson , Now Big Ted- Pats are going to sink- they were lucky they played the Jets last week

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Two of the games we play in December are an at home game against the Jets, and a game against the Pats. Both of those are VERY winnable games, even for the Phins in December.
that is what you were saying about those easy games against the vikings and the pats last year. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
09-22-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

We know we can't win without a running game. Some people have said we don't need to be successful at running as long as we balance the no of plays. It worked for the Jags but not a D that was no. 3 last year. Well we needed the run to open up the pass last night.

And to equalize time of posession, to keep our D off the field for 40+ minutes. You're right, justa, we will not beat good teams without a cohesive running game.