PDA

View Full Version : Better September than November/December

WNYnut
09-22-2003, 09:07 AM
In no way am I making excuses for the offense's extremely poor performance last night, but let's face it, even though the offense was absolutely abismal, we were still in the game well into the fourth quarter. Better to have one of worst offensive performances in a basically meaningless game in September rather than a crucial game in November/December.

One last note, December 21 can't get here soon enough!

Dozerdog
09-22-2003, 09:10 AM
i would hardly call any division loss meaningless but you do make a very valid point- September losses are more "forgiving"

Just ask the Fins how much December losses hurt

WNYnut
09-22-2003, 09:12 AM
true, i guess meaningless was a bad choice of words, but hey, we all know how the dolphins operate, great in september (minus the houston game this year) and not so great in november/december.

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2003, 12:52 PM
How we play against the Iggles will make or break our season. If we come out still shell shocked, we are done. If the offense comes out with a chip on it's shoulder and plays like they need to, we will be fine.

Miami_Vice
09-22-2003, 01:17 PM
You guys are exactly dominate in december either. YOu guys finished the season 3-5 after starting the season 5-3. What happened there? Or is choking not included when discussing the Jills?

rsmithgi
09-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
i would hardly call any division loss meaningless but you do make a very valid point- September losses are more "forgiving"

Just ask the Fins how much December losses hurt

Last time I checked every loss counts the same. Doesn't matter when you lose them.

Dozerdog
09-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
How we play against the Iggles will make or break our season. If we come out still shell shocked, we are done. If the offense comes out with a chip on it's shoulder and plays like they need to, we will be fine.

Talk about the extreme! The Eagles are still a playoff caliber team- the schedule does get much easier for a streatch after this game.

2-2 at this juncture won't kill this team- maybe mess up a playoff home game appearance, but it's far from making or breaking the season- what will Make or Break the Bills id Travis' Health...If he's out for any length of time or will be dogged by it for a few weeks, that could be bad.

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2003, 02:32 PM
I don't think we can fully recover if we lose two in a row. If the Eagles beat us at home, there will be some serious doubts surfacing and things will get ugly.