PDA

View Full Version : Will players lose confidence in Staff?

stuckincincy
09-22-2003, 09:56 AM
I'm wondering if the Williams-Gilbride Comedy Hour will start to erode player confidence. A sure-fire recipe for Dead Duckism.

I woulda liked to have seen a look at the players on the sidelines when that HB option was called. I'm guessing the mouths of many players were agape and/or eyes rolling upwards. NFL players are as experienced in the ins and outs, the good and the bad in their profession as other people in other occupations. We all, very quickly, recognize smells coming from the top.

StuckinCincy as I am, I am (pat pat my own head) attuned to this subject.

Historian
09-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
The Williams-Gilbride Comedy Hour

Now THAT'S funny!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

LABillsFan
09-22-2003, 11:55 AM
No, so far 2 out of 3 games have worked well despite the weakness in the running game. Obviously, being on national TV the word is out even more so about it, so I look for some new plays being installed to compensate. However if the trend of not throwing screens or passes to the flat aren't utilized, The Bills will be in trouble against strong teams. Philly isn't playing that well right now so they may not need to go that route yet. All I know is Cambell Moore Morris and Burns can catch and should be used.

Ebenezer
09-22-2003, 11:57 AM
It will if this continues. How long until the D starts to get pissed. Look at some of those people. Adams, Spikes, Fletcher, Milloy, Clements, Winfield...some pretty intense fellows. How many stupid fakes and gadgets until Milloy blows a fit. He was yelling at people at his first meeting because they were laughing. KG, The O and GW better get cracking or it could get really ugly.

Jeff1220
09-22-2003, 12:05 PM
I could see KG getting some steam, but the players have really seemed to respond positively to GW since he's been here. I'm sure there's more to the various gameday blunders than what we see on TV. The gut reaction for a fan is to dump it on GW, which he does deserve to an extent, but I'm not sure that the players see it as his fault as much as the fans do.

LABillsFan
09-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey lets face it if it wasn't for the offense having a 14 point lead in the first 2 games who knows what could of happened. The O didn't do it last night. I'm sure there will be a game or two where the D has a few meltdowns. It's still early, the running game has to come around but other than that the team is solid.