X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Is it just me ????

On the halfback pass, shouldn't Henry had stepped back a couple steps, like every halfback pass I have ever seen, the thrown??
    Didn't Josh Reed tie up the reception??? Surtain bobbled Reed tied up does'nt the tie go to the offense ??? Finally in the fourth quarter Ricky fumbled the Bills came up with the ball wouldn't you like to have seen a replay to see if this was a fumble??? One last thing wouldn't you have liked to see the replay on the Thomas penalty??? All said Miami won fair and square im not griping just wondering if I am the only one who noticed these things
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

also, for playing a terrible first half didn't gregg williams waste too much time talking to the reporter???

Comment

• Dolphinatic
      • Dec 2002

Re: Is it just me ????

Originally posted by pmacla
      On the halfback pass, shouldn't Henry had stepped back a couple steps, like every halfback pass I have ever seen, the thrown??
      There was a bit of pressure starting to collapse around him. If you start moving back you have to stop and plant to throw and I doubt he'd have had time for that. If he'd led the receiver into the corner of the end zone with the throw, even the lob he chucked, it might have worked. But he just threw it to where the receiver was at the time.

Didn't Josh Reed tie up the reception??? Surtain bobbled Reed tied up does'nt the tie go to the offense ???
      I thought so too until I saw the replay. Looked to me like Surtain came down with it and Reed grabbed for it after they were both on the ground. Since they were down and in contact, play is over.

Finally in the fourth quarter Ricky fumbled the Bills came up with the ball wouldn't you like to have seen a replay to see if this was a fumble???
      There was minimal excitement and no arguing from the Bills defenders, so I assume he was clearly down.

One last thing wouldn't you have liked to see the replay on the Thomas penalty???
      Assuming this is the defensive holding call on the Fins' final drive, I was surprised they didn't have a better shot of it. By the time you saw Chambers stumbling and falling, he was steps away from the defender and you couldn't really see what happened before. The announcers seemed to think it was an obvious foul, but yeah... I expected to see a better replay too.
      Be proud, Bills fans. Thanks to the NFL's changes to encourage
      parity, your record of four consecutive Super Bowl losses will
      stand unmatched in our lifetimes and beyond.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

I've stated it from day 1...I never want to see a coach or player talking to the press from 9:00 PM Saturday night until the game is over.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

According to GW in todays paper it was Henry's fault for the INT. He should of ran.

Now wouldn't it be GW's fault for allowing such a foolish play to be ran?

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I think Travis's Ribs were hurting BEFORE he tossed that 10 yard duck- can throw a pass10 yards left handed

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

Still would be nice to see replays to confirm what you thought you saw or didn't see. ESPN really did a horrible job covering that game last night. Did they all have too much to drink before the game ???

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                • Aug 2003

It would be Travis fault if the play was his option to run or pass and if he knew he couldn't successfully put the ball where only his man could catch it to run and he made the wrong choice. My understanding is that this play is in the playbook for Sammy Morris to throw the ball it was a bad call because Sammy was hurt and could not execute. Travis should have never been put in that position.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  Now wouldn't it be GW's fault for allowing such a foolish play to be ran?
                  Absolutely! If doesn't have veto power than he is a **** of a head coach. It shows he doesn't have the respect of a Parcells or a Landry. He obviously knows nothing about football. It was on the local radio this morning that they practiced that play all week...AND THAT IT WENT POORLY ALL WEAK...that is unforgivable, imo. If you cannot do it in practice, at home, in quiet, then how are you going to do it on a Sunday night, in Miami when the pressure is on. It should have been scrapped.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Still would be nice to see replays to confirm what you thought you saw or didn't see. ESPN really did a horrible job covering that game last night. Did they all have too much to drink before the game ???
                    I agree. The camera distance seemed like they were viewing it from my backyard.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

my question is considering our only other real candidate for the job was Marvin Lewis do you think he would have done a better job??? Also, guess we really missed the boat on John Fox with Carolina huh

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

still any other comments from original question??????

Comment

• PhinPhan1227
                          • Apr 2003

Considering that they kept getting players names wrong...teams names wrong...and repeatedly called for reviews on plays that are unreviewable...getting a good replay angle is almost too much to ask for.

Run-Ricky-Run!!!

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                            • Aug 2003

for being such an intense game i really think the nfl should be embaressed on how the oficials and the coverage of the game was granted miami deserved to win regardless you never change that call on the goal line let the players play the game. they made the call on the field let it stand and play the game there was not anything showing that that was definitely the wrong call

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Better question: Why are they using the HB pass in the RedZone? There isn't enough room in the endzone for the WRs to seperate themselves from the Fins secondary. It's too tight and there is entirely too much room for error in that situation. The HB pass is a mid-field play. The D was already playing the run and was on Henry before he could even set his feet.

If they absolutely had to pass, the play action would have worked much, much better. Personally I think they should have run the damn thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X