X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

BillsZone's Bills vs. Dolphins Postgame Report Card

Quarterback: Drew Bledsoe had a terrible game and that is being nice. He was terrible in connecting on his throws and racked up less than 100 yards passing. Almost half of the yards were in garbage time at the end of the game. Bledsoe was 10 of 25 for 98 yards, no touchdowns and 2 interceptions. You could tell Bledsoe felt the pressure the whole game and was out of sync with his receivers for most of the night. Overall, this had to be the worst game that Drew Bledsoe has ever had in Buffalo and maybe in his entire NFL career. Grade: F

Running Backs: Travis Henry, where are you? What happened to the running game? Where did it go? I thought this was going to be a ball control offense and the Bills would be running the ball more often, making it more successful? I guess I was wrong. Travis Henry had a terrible game and only ran 5 times for 7 yards. He also had a failed halfback option pass that could have been a touchdown, but it was a bad throw. When Joe Burns came in, he seemed to do better at running the ball and was getting the yards. He ran 6 times for 22 yards. Overall, it was a failing grade for Henry, but Burns brought it up a little bit. Grade: D-

CLICK FOR MORE:

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

You were too hard on the defense and too easy on the offense. The entire offense gets an F. The defense deserves much better grades. They kept the Bills in the game until the 4th quarter. They caused turnovers. They held RW to under 3.3 yds/carry until the 4th. The defense should get at least a B across the board. Moorman had a better night than your grade.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

WTF the D played great concidering they were on the field 90% of the damn game...IMO!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        You were too hard on the defense and too easy on the offense. The entire offense gets an F. The defense deserves much better grades. They kept the Bills in the game until the 4th quarter. They caused turnovers. They held RW to under 3.3 yds/carry until the 4th. The defense should get at least a B across the board. Moorman had a better night than your grade.
        The defense also had a bunch of costly penalties that brought the grade down. They also did not have a pass rush. Even in the first half. They ONLY had one sack! Moorman had two crap punts, but that isn't what brought the ST grade down...the overall coverage team and return team is what brought it down. Plus the face mask penalty brought it down too.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

No Pash rush?

Schoebel blindsided Fiedler.

The Fins rarely passed in the game!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike32282
            The defense also had a bunch of costly penalties that brought the grade down. They also did not have a pass rush. Even in the first half. They ONLY had one sack! Moorman had two crap punts, but that isn't what brought the ST grade down...the overall coverage team and return team is what brought it down. Plus the face mask penalty brought it down too.
            you try to defend RW 42 times a game and play almost 47 minutes in that heat and humidity...they did an admiral job. B+ at the least. One mistake here and there does not minimize the job they did to keep the O in the game. Don't let your disappointment with the O affect your grading of the D.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

The D palyed absolutely great in my mind. RIcky didn't even average 4 ypc against us and our D was out there forever a day. Clements had 2 int's Winfield caused a fumble Spikes recovered it Schobel had a sack, Milloy just missed a few time getting a sack. I'm not going to be critical of our D at all. 100% was the offenses fault!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

you try to defend RW 42 times a game and play almost 47 minutes in that heat and humidity...they did an admiral job. B+ at the least. One mistake here and there does not minimize the job they did to keep the O in the game. Don't let your disappointment with the O affect your grading of the D.
                Uhhh.....Pat Williams AND Sam Adams jumped in the beginning of the game. They let Ricky keep running down the clock. You talked me into a B-....but I can NOT give them anymore. The DL was pretty good, but if they were good enough, that drive in the first half would not have happened. Costly penalties also helped that drive out.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  100% was the offenses fault!!!!!!
                  I agree with this...but the defense DID NOT play perfect. close, but NOT perfect. This wasn't an A+ defense. But it wasn't a C defense. Probably I am a little harsh...but I saw a defense with too many penalties and even when the Bills were in it at the end....if the defense stopped that drive, you never know what would've happened with Bledsoe and the last 4 minutes to go.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

You give Bledsoe and 'F' and the wide receivers and O-line a 'D'?
                    I think you need to reevaluate some of your thinking. Everyone on the offense should get an F, not just Bledsoe, c'mon.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Uhhh.....Pat Williams AND Sam Adams jumped in the beginning of the game. They let Ricky keep running down the clock. You talked me into a B-....but I can NOT give them anymore. The DL was pretty good, but if they were good enough, that drive in the first half would not have happened. Costly penalties also helped that drive out.

Neither penalty at the beginning of the game effected the outcome. They didn't LET RW do anything. He ran 42 times because the offense couldn't keep him off the field.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

The Tackles were swinging gates. Jennings and Williams blew last night...F-!!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                          You give Bledsoe and 'F' and the wide receivers and O-line a 'D'?
                          I think you need to reevaluate some of your thinking. Everyone on the offense should get an F, not just Bledsoe, c'mon.
                          Here comes the Bledsoe defending. D- is pretty damn close to an F. I wanted Bledsoe to have the worst grade because he was the worst imo. He was horrid! Terrible, awful, disgusting! He was looking at Moulds the whole game and overthrew Shaw a few times and Reed too. Yeah, the offense was bad...that's why they get Ds...but Drew Bledsoe should take 75% of the blame IMO.

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

The Tackles were swinging gates. Jennings and Williams blew last night...F-!!
                            Damn right!!:madfire:

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Here comes the Bledsoe defending. D- is pretty damn close to an F. I wanted Bledsoe to have the worst grade because he was the worst imo. He was horrid! Terrible, awful, disgusting! He was looking at Moulds the whole game and overthrew Shaw a few times and Reed too. Yeah, the offense was bad...that's why they get Ds...but Drew Bledsoe should take 75% of the blame IMO.
                              Hey Wys...er...Mikey...nobody defended Bledsoe...they bashed the rest of the offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X