PDA

View Full Version : Why do we pass so much??

Ebenezer
09-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Seriously, there must be a specific reason. I love passing but this team relies on it just way too much.

TacklingDummy
09-22-2003, 11:38 AM
We don't have a good enough RB.

The Spaz
09-22-2003, 11:39 AM
I'm praying and chanting to the healing gods for Willis McGahee as we speak.....lol:)!

LABillsFan
09-22-2003, 11:43 AM
Because the Bills have a weak running game. It's like taking the SAT or a Final exam. You get the easy ones out of the way first ( the Bills running game) so you can concentrate on the harder ones (The passing game). Once the running game is in check, teams can direct their effort on stopping the pass.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2003, 11:44 AM
It's a self- fulfilling prophecy. We think we can't run, so we give up on it after a few half-hearted attempts, which in GW's and KG's feeble brains proves we can't run.

RedEyE
09-22-2003, 11:48 AM
The Pass to Run ratio was even in the 1st two games, but those stats are skewed. I see Gilbride as a very impatient coach wanting to score on each down rather than allowing things to develop naturally. For instance, in the game against the Pats we were up 21 freakin' points in the first half, time dwindling down on the 2nd qrtr clock, and Drew is still passing down the field (Why?). It's in games such as those that it's necessary to establish the run and set a pace for future games. Develop rythem, timing and learn to eat up the clock. The run in the Pats game didn't come until the end of the 3rd, 4th qrtr. That's where the statistics are skewed. It wasn't done against the Pats, it never made it's way against the Jags, and who the hell knows what the hell happened against the Fins. There is an absolute lack of balance on O and I think that it has only a little to do with Henry. The OL can't establish consistant blocking for the run. This line did not play together last year. It's anew configuration.

Gilbride needs to settle down and concentrate on the 1st down marker rather than the endzone.

LABillsFan
09-22-2003, 12:07 PM
The Pass to Run ratio was even in the 1st two games, but those stats are skewed.

That's right they are. YPC do matter, getting 3 or more yards on each carry means you are driving the D line backwards. Forcing them to bring up players for support and tiring out the D line. The Bills do not get that out of Henry and Gilbride up until last night got away with it. I want to see the same 25-30 RPG with Morris and Burns. If it doesn't get better then we know it's the line, but if it the YPC does improve, we'll at least get to see a balanced attack for once.

LarryBoy
09-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Its the system....I was reading in a fantasy mag before the season started that the Bills wanted to run more and not to believe it So far they are right.

stuckincincy
09-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Saw an interesting stat during the Pit at Cin game. Pit is 76-1-1 in games that they have led by 10 points or more. ..I don't recall what the time span was. Smart football minds there. KG and I suppose GW feel they are like certain CEO's, rolling the dice to help themselves and forgetting or ignoring short or long term damage that they may cause to the organization. They follow process over substance to the bitter end. Yeesh.

don137
09-22-2003, 01:34 PM
I think they like to pass because the line seems better suited to pass protect than run block unfortunatel.
I think you have to throw in there penalties...It seems that Buffalo gets a good play to set up a short yardage situation there ends up being a hold or false start resulting in Buffalo needing to pass.

formerpatsfans
09-22-2003, 01:37 PM
We have Bledsoe on this team.

snow1989
09-22-2003, 01:39 PM
I still say its simple....we can't run..be it either the )-line, or Henry, but until we can we're a one-dimensional team and that doesn't bode well in this league

imbondz
09-22-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
The Pass to Run ratio was even in the 1st two games, but those stats are skewed. I see Gilbride as a very impatient coach wanting to score on each down rather than allowing things to develop naturally. For instance, in the game against the Pats we were up 21 freakin' points in the first half, time dwindling down on the 2nd qrtr clock, and Drew is still passing down the field (Why?). It's in games such as those that it's necessary to establish the run and set a pace for future games. Develop rythem, timing and learn to eat up the clock. The run in the Pats game didn't come until the end of the 3rd, 4th qrtr. That's where the statistics are skewed. It wasn't done against the Pats, it never made it's way against the Jags, and who the hell knows what the hell happened against the Fins. There is an absolute lack of balance on O and I think that it has only a little to do with Henry. The OL can't establish consistant blocking for the run. This line did not play together last year. It's anew configuration.

Gilbride needs to settle down and concentrate on the 1st down marker rather than the endzone.

agree 100%. you can't tell me that Henry sucks all of a sudden after being a top 5 rb last year.

colin
09-22-2003, 01:56 PM
snow has it.

our coaches don't have faith in Henry and our running game.

He put the ball on the carpet WAAAAAAAAAY too much last year, and has just sucked this year.

He is prolly gonna get antoine smithed