PDA

View Full Version : 2 things scare me about this game-

OpIv37
09-22-2003, 12:14 PM
1. The Dolphins won by shutting down the Bills receivers. They didn't really get to Bledsoe, and we had no running game coming in. Our D held until the 4th quarter when they were exhausted. Every other team in the league will now follow the same formula. 5 DB's till we learn to run.

2. 2-1 is not terrible, especially with a home stand coming up. But 1-1 in the Division? We're tied with NE and behind Miami- that's not a comfortable position....

Do we need to win the rest of our division games to come out on top?

XNOUGHT
09-22-2003, 12:22 PM
THIS IS WHAT I WAS SAYING!

5 DB's, and commit the rest of the guys to the run will do it.

Bledsoe has trouble with passes into the flat, and the offense is desgned for run and shoot which doesn't take advantage of zone well enough.

But the worst part is, if you cant run, it will crash and burn.

when the offense lost Price, Remiersma, and Centers I knew it was only a matter of time until the offense was going to get figured out.

You guys average something like 18 points a game over the final 8 games last year WITH all those guys.

There are warning signs in the Pats and Jax games, but if the coaches are smart, they will find a way to work around em.

Trust me, the Pats have a mountain of weaknesses, but thankfully, we scheme to protect them.

LtBillsFan66
09-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Good points XN. No doubt that we need to fix the running game real quick!

Ebenezer
09-22-2003, 12:27 PM
Yes, good point XN...the pats are injury-decimated right now and yet they seem to have righted the ship...gee, stands to point to the difference between BB and GW.

OpIv37
09-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT

There are warning signs in the Pats and Jax games, but if the coaches are smart, they will find a way to work around em.

Well, you seem to be right about everything else- I hope you're right about this, too.

Williams' contract ends this year. If he comes up with a running game, this team will be unstoppable and he'll get almost anything he asks for.

If he keeps relying on the pass all season, it's eventually going to get shut down like it did last night. He better have a pile of resumes and some stamps handy.

XNOUGHT
09-22-2003, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the compliments.

I think the Pats will struggle this season because a coach can only do so much, AND PLAYERS WIN GAMES!

Could be a race between you and Miami with us playing spoiler :jump: :jump:

LABillsFan
09-22-2003, 12:54 PM
The Bills still have 2 games against the Jets 1 in NE and 1 @ Buffalo against Miami. A lot of football to be played within the division.

Good points X, but those 5 DB's will reduce as the Bills get the ground game going. Bledsoe is going to have to throw those screens and flat passes to help out, he's done it in the past, they just have to get in their heads to call those plays.

TypicalBill
09-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT
Thanks for the compliments.
:jump: :jump:

:coocoo: