PDA

View Full Version : Do the Bills need to win the rest of their division games to take the AFCE?

OpIv37
09-22-2003, 12:48 PM
What do you think?

HenryRules
09-22-2003, 12:52 PM
No way ... we've lost one. Expecting anyone in our division to go 5-1 is ridiculous.

Last year 4-2 was the best division record and it will be again this year.

Historian
09-22-2003, 12:54 PM
We need to take 4 out of 6 to have a legitimate shot at the division.

LABillsFan
09-22-2003, 01:07 PM
They'll most likely have to win it outright unless the December freefall happens again with the Fins. Miami has to lose one at home to even things out. I don't see the Jets doing it nor NE although, NE has the better chance. This is how their December looks. 3 outta 4 against the division 2 on the road.

Dec. 7 @New England
Dec. 15 Philadelphia Monday Night
Dec. 21 @Buffalo
Dec. 28 NY Jets

The_Philster
09-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Is this
The Bills will win it if they can take 2 from the Colts option there just to make sure we're paying attention? Since the Colts haven't been in our division in 2 seasons and we only play them once.

snow1989
09-22-2003, 05:36 PM
hard question to answer actually and depends how they do over-all...win all the remaining division games and lose the rest could still put someone out of the playoffs....

OpIv37
09-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Is this option there just to make sure we're paying attention? Since the Colts haven't been in our division in 2 seasons and we only play them once.

Exactly- I put that in there partially as a joke and partially to see if anyone would pick up on it. Congrats for being the only one alert enough to say something

The_Philster
09-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37
Exactly- I put that in there partially as a joke and partially to see if anyone would pick up on it. Congrats for being the only one alert enough to say something

:bravo:
I think we should realistically be able to take 3 out of the remaining 4 at least

helmetguy
09-26-2003, 08:09 PM
Winning all four certainly wouldn't hurt. Tie-breaker edge, and all.

TigerJ
09-26-2003, 09:06 PM
I think that as beat up as the Jets and Patriots are, we can't figure on them to win anything against Miami. The Patriots have lost Colvin, Washington, Milloy, and Ted Johnson. Yes, I know they have to learn to live w/o Milloy since he's now a Bill, but they are going to miss him pretty much the whole season. Colvin might be gone for the season, if he ever plays again. I don't know how much time Johnson will miss. Belichick is a good coach, but I don't think he can compensate for those kinds of losses when he's playing a good team. The Jets have to prove they can win, and they've already lost to Miami on their own turf. Their next game vs. Miami will be in Miami. Therefore, I figure Buffalo has to approach every division game as a must win from here on out. We need to split with Miami to have a chance to take tiebreakers in case we finish with the same record.

Halbert
09-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
They'll most likely have to win it outright unless the December freefall happens again with the Fins. Miami has to lose one at home to even things out.
What?!?

All the Bills have to do is beat Miami in the rematch in Dec and beat the Texans and we have a full game on Miami, all other things being equal.

WAAAAAAAY too early to bank on Miami's 1 game division advantage to mean anything.

mybills
09-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37

:rofl: I thought I was seeing things!

btw,
Count the Jets out this year. Possibly even NE. Miami in Dec? I won't predict anything, but can't I just sit here and laugh? :D

MDFINFAN
09-26-2003, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't count any division foe out in any game..just because we know each other so well, I'd say each team really have to win every game they can against a division foe...but don't count out the Jets and NE. you're be sorry.

Dolphinatic
09-26-2003, 11:39 PM
I'm not so sure the East winner won't be 5-1 this year, since it's not looking like a 3- or 4-way contest at the moment. With the banged-up Pats visiting Miami in three weeks, it's more than possible the Fins will enter December 3-0 in the division. And that really puts the pressure on the Bills not to fall more than a game behind in division losses.

Of course, I'm sure people here expect the Bills to win their Miami rematch, but given how it's shaping up the Fins might well have a slight bit more breathing room in that game. If the Bills are up a game in the standings, a loss takes them out of the division race (tied in the standings, 0-2 head-to-head) unless the Jets win in Miami the following week. If the Fins are up one before the Bills game, they can lose and perhaps win it via other tiebreaks -- the next being division record, of course.

I think you'll have to beat Miami for sure to win the East, but even that might not do it if you drop just one other.