PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else miss Olandis Gary?

Judge
09-22-2003, 12:49 PM
As I said before and when Gary was traded for nothing, if the Bills are serious about being a legitimate title contender, they need a solid veteran backup in case Travis Henry goes down with an injury.

No disrespect to Joe Burns, who was OK, but to require him to do the whole thing was asking too much, and trading Gary meant that we were spread thin at RB, causing the mismatch. Gary would have been very valuable last night.

HenryRules
09-22-2003, 12:51 PM
I agree entirely ... I thought the biggest problem on the team last year was that the staff didn't like any of our backup RB's and was worried the same thing would happen this year without Gary.

Well, that seems to be the case - the only time a backup RB touches the ball is if Henry is injured. No RB gets such a high % of carries as Henry does and I don't think it makes sense at all.

TedMock
09-22-2003, 12:53 PM
It would've been nice to have him last night. Also, Sammy Morris being hurt didn't help. I think he's decent especially on swing passes, which Henry dropped last night.

Demon
09-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Gary averages 2.3 yards/carry. ALOT of RB's could carry that much. Joe Burns averages 3.2 yards/carry. Gary was no loss at all and would have made no difference in last nights game IMO.

jdbillsfan
09-22-2003, 01:47 PM
Gary can't even win the starting job with the Lions over Bryson. I don't think we are missing much by not having Gary.

I am fine with Burns as a backup.

Drewpac
09-22-2003, 01:47 PM
No, he sucks. The big problem was the injury to Sammy Morris. I think Sammy could be a really good back in this league if given the chance. I didn't realize he wasn't active and I was wondering why they kept Burns in there.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2003, 01:52 PM
I don't miss Gary much. He isn't doing jack in Detroit either.

Just pray for McGahee to be ready soon.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2003, 04:20 PM
If both Morris and Henry are still banged up Sunday, we will really miss Gary. In fact, we will have a major problem.

snow1989
09-22-2003, 04:25 PM
Burns was only given the ball six times..for 3.7 ypc...a decent figure, and that was behind the same line that Henry uses. Give Burns a chance I say...he did better than Henry did last night...