PDA

View Full Version : Fiedler vs Bledsoe

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 12:53 PM
drew really sucked last night.. but after looking at the stats.. i was surprised to see this..

BUF: D. Bledsoe (10-25, 98)
MIA: J. Fiedler (16-28, 154)

they both played like crap really.

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Drew needs to stop locking onto Moulds when he drops back to pass. He telegraphs the play and makes it easy for the defense to pick him off.

We need a timing passing game. The long ball that Drew likes is only good when we are ahead or have a solid running game.

bernielivsey_1
09-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Dumbo - 54 QB rating
Drew dont know how to check down Bledsoe - 18 QB rating

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 01:10 PM
that check down will haunt me for a while.. TH was so wide open for the dump off pass when he threw that pick to marion.. just kills me..

in fantasy football too. henry finished with -2.

justasportsfan
09-22-2003, 01:10 PM
If our rb was even 3.0 ypc. Drews nos. would've been better.

The Spaz
09-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Drew Bledsoe for the 1st 2 games did not lock onto Moulds he was distributing the ball very well!!!!!

nolimit
09-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
Dumbo - 54 QB rating

Drew seems to miss Henry alot in the flat! He needs to view the field better!

Judge
09-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Drew's play was alarming. No question. I'll give the dredit to Miami's D instead of Drew though- they obviously played a helluva game.

Also, the failure of Josh Reed to become a legitimate #2 to take the heat of of Moulds is starting to hurt. Miami could blanket Moulds all night w/o worrying where Reed was, b/c Reed is dropping balls like crazy.

Maybe that's why Drew is so intent on finding Moulds- he's the only guy Drew has confidence in right now.

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Drew Bledsoe for the 1st 2 games did not lock onto Moulds he was distributing the ball very well!!!!!

Well, what happened last night then? He sure wasn't checking off his reads. He was telegraphing where he was going to throw the ball.

I think that Drew has lost confidence in Josh Reed and that might be why he isn't looking for him. Still doesn't explain not throwing to Henry or Shaw, however.

Tatonka
possible.. shaw seems to have his confidence though.. he has been there.. shaws incompletions were due to poor passes.

Tatonka
maybe they shake things up some and bench reed?

The Spaz
09-22-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

Well, what happened last night then? He sure wasn't checking off his reads. He was telegraphing where he was going to throw the ball.

I think that Drew has lost confidence in Josh Reed and that might be why he isn't looking for him. Still doesn't explain not throwing to Henry or Shaw, however.

That's why I said the 1st 2 games!!!!!!:horn: :shout: :stone: :priest:

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2003, 01:18 PM
I'm beginning to wonder about that myself. Sure can't hurt to give another receiver a shot.

justasportsfan
09-22-2003, 01:21 PM
I think we got cocky. Last weeks Eric Moulds show, they asked Shaw to do the dance he did agains the Jags ans they said they'll see it against the fins :shakeno:

I guess the O deserved a dose of humility from the doctor.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
If our rb was even 3.0 ypc. Drews nos. would've been better.

That's exactly right. We will not be able to pass consistently without a running game. Does anyone think that Fiedler is a better QB than Bledsoe, or might it be the presence of a 150 yard rusher in Fiedler's backfield?

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Fiedler is underrated. The drawback to following in Marino's footsteps.

DallasDolfan
09-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
Dumbo - 54 QB rating
And Dumbo won!!!!!!

MDFINFAN
09-22-2003, 01:43 PM
I'm surprise Wys hasn't chime in on this thread, this would be right up his line..He's really taking a break isn't he? Drew was one sided, he tried Reed and Shaw, didn't connect and stayed with Moulds, who even dropped 2, very unMoulds like. Drew did seem a little confuse, hell even I was confused by the Miami D..those new wrinkles are finally starting to pay off. Drew, just still likes to take too much time to find the deepest receivers..when the dump off guys are totally available..It's like he has to prove a point. That no one stops our deep ball....but more than anything, the running game or lack there of, was your downfall last night..You became one dimensional..Most D's weather play one of your dimensions than both the run and pass. For all the experimenting Miami has done this year..they still have a good secondary. I think Seau has earned some respect on this board by now also..He's not exactly washed up just yet.

stuckincincy
09-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Bledsoe is a'hurtin big time in the leadership role. A leader assumes, demands, and gets the confidence of others, not the other way around. That he was not screaming a bloody blue streak with veins popping out of his neck (see Jim Kelly for example) is disturbing. He looked and acted like a deer in the headlights.

stuckincincy
09-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Hey Mdfinfan,

Bingo on Seau. Lost a few steps, yep, but he's still a top notch gamer. Saw a few shots of him on the sidelines. Eyes on the prize. Nice acquisition IMHO. Old saying: Age and treachery beat youth and enthusiam every time. Well, mostly true...

Dolphinatic
09-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Drew needs to stop locking onto Moulds when he drops back to pass. He telegraphs the play and makes it easy for the defense to pick him off.

I suspect he spent too much time reading on the Internet about how Moulds was going to have 8 catches for 150 yards, blah blah blah... wasn't really any need to look elsewhere. It did seem such a certainty, after all.

snow1989
09-22-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
He looked and acted like a deer in the headlights.

He WAS a deer in the headlights...barely had time to set-up most of the time...Shaw is a decent No 2 receiver, Reed?..well he has been a disappointment somewhat...anyone think maybe they could give Brown a chance and stretch the field a bit?