PDA

View Full Version : Wire

justasportsfan
09-23-2002, 03:01 PM
Aside from Reed, he seems to be a great draft pick/steal.

As for Jenkins, he hasn't done anything special. No where close to what Cowart was to the Bills.

BledsoeRocks
09-23-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

As for Jenkins, he hasn't done anything special. No where close to what Cowart was to the Bills.

I assume you mean Fletcher with the Cowart comparrison. The Jets D sucks more than ours so I guess SC is not doing his job either.

justasportsfan
09-23-2002, 03:15 PM
OOps my bad. Yup, I meant to say Fletcher and "so far" . He's gotten better though.

As for Cowart, they say he's not 100%. I think they blew all those millions for nothing.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2002, 03:18 PM
Fletcher hasn't done too much yet but I am betting he will be making things happen soon enough!!!

BledsoeRocks
09-23-2002, 03:24 PM
Hope so thurm.

The_Philster
09-23-2002, 03:57 PM
Same here.....I expected a lot more from London...he really hasn't been all that was advertised......yet. I'm hoping it's just a case of getting used to the 46 Defense. At least he has been reported to be providing some of the leadership expected of him.

shelby
09-23-2002, 07:18 PM
Wire: 7-1-1 yesterday
:D

4thAndLong
09-23-2002, 08:18 PM
Yeah, but in the 4-6 defense the safety plays close to the line...He was a LB in college, so he's right there. He BETTER be all over the field in the 4-6...

colin
09-23-2002, 10:53 PM
I like Wire, but he made at least two real dumb mistakes.

The one when he was in the backfield for run support and just froze, that could have stopped Denver in the 4th. He will be very good soon though. I like our team's future.

BillsMan80
09-23-2002, 11:44 PM
Fletcher deserves a bit of time. He was a star in St. Louis, and I will give him the fact that we really don't have a complement to Big Pat in the middle, but he will start making plays.

Stewie
09-24-2002, 11:19 AM
Fletcher is good in open space, moving laterally and making big hits. He's not as good as working off a block to make a tackle. Cowart used to in effect purposely take the wrong angle to the hole, in order to set up the blocker so he could "juke" him and make the tackle. At least thats what it looked like to me... He was also very, very fast to the point of attack. The fact that cowart hasn't done anything this year makes me think TD made the right call in getting Fletcher. Jerry Gray needs to scheme him into more situations where he's not being blocked by athletic lineman.

BambinoSux
09-24-2002, 08:11 PM
I'm hearing from St. Louis fans that the Rams D is REALLY missing London's leadership on D. I think he'll pan out.

TigerJ
09-24-2002, 08:58 PM
Of course Wire is going to make mistakes. Asside from the fact that he's a rookie and the safety plays close to the line in the 46 defense, there are differences in the position from what he played in college. He's a really smart guy though, and learning faster than anyone figured. I think well before the season he's going to be a really solid DB and in the meantime he's going to make more plays than mistakes with his reckless abandon.