Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

No wonder Miami fades every December...

42 carries by Ricky Williams? It may have won them last night's game, but that many carries takes a toll over a season.

No wonder they fade each year. They wear their star player out by midseason. Ricky took some brutal hits last night and he must be incredibly sore today.
  • ultimatefinfan
    • Sep 2003

he has two weeks to heal....good time for a bye week, last year's fade was a variety of factors, from bum QB Ray Lucas to winning tough games on the road in December...They never gave ricky the ball that much last year....

Comment

• dolfan25
      Clements & Mulakey I'm taking you down next
      • Jul 2002

Completely moronic post. What does Ricky's 42 carries have to do with the Dolphins previous choke jobs? Nothing. Did he look worn out at the end of last year when he rushed for something like 1100 yards in the last 7 games? No. The defense was who looked worn out.

Rationalize it all you want. The Fins won and the Bills lost. Get over it. Your theory is just complete garbage. The last time someone ran the ball 42 times was Terrell Davis in '97, was he worn out at the end of the season when he ran for something like 300 yds. in the post season.

You're grasping at straws.

Comment

• Disgustipatex
        The King Troll himself(Formerly Piltdown Man)
        • Sep 2003

He's done this kind of thing before. He got the ball 37 times in Miami vs. New England last year with the D keying in on him the same way. This isnt normally how Ricky runs. I doubt he would have touched the ball this much if not for that we have a bye week.

Most of the time when Ricky has big games, he's not taking any hits of consequence. He's running past people and getting taken down from behind. This is the exception, not the rule.

"No TH, I aint got no younger hos for you, freak!"

Comment

• Disgustipatex
          The King Troll himself(Formerly Piltdown Man)
          • Sep 2003

Btw, for reference...Ricky got better as he got more carries last season. The first half of the year he was like 4.3 ypc, the second half like 5.3.

"No TH, I aint got no younger hos for you, freak!"

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

RW ran for over 220 yds against us last December.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by dolfan25
              Completely moronic post. What does Ricky's 42 carries have to do with the Dolphins previous choke jobs? Nothing. Did he look worn out at the end of last year when he rushed for something like 1100 yards in the last 7 games? No. The defense was who looked worn out.

Rationalize it all you want. The Fins won and the Bills lost. Get over it. Your theory is just complete garbage. The last time someone ran the ball 42 times was Terrell Davis in '97, was he worn out at the end of the season when he ran for something like 300 yds. in the post season.

You're grasping at straws.

Run him 42 times a game for the rest of the season Einstein, and see how long he lasts. No back can keep up that performance and not get worn down.

Comment

• NoRing4U
                • Jun 2003

*************EDIT BY MODERATORS***********

Comment

• NoRing4U
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

Run him 42 times a game for the rest of the season Einstein, and see how long he lasts. No back can keep up that performance and not get worn down.
                  Um, he usually carries it about 25-30 times a game. Do you really think we would run him 40+ times a game? My god..you're a moron.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

2 weeks in a row, over 35 carries..

he wont make it through the season.. mark it down.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NoRing4U

Um, he usually carries it about 25-30 times a game. Do you really think we would run him 40+ times a game? My god..you're a moron.
                      Chill. Noring. Attack the post and not the poster.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

and when you dont run him that much, you lose..

*see Houston game for example.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

LOL!!! I guess maybe I should ask you for permission to start threads that meet you approval, now?

Get a life and grab a clue my man.

BTW...I suggest you read the TOS if you want to continue posting here. Either conduct yourself in a civil manner or leave.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NoRing4U

Noring4U- It will be NoPost4U if there will be any more personal attacks.

Comment

• dolfan25
                              Clements & Mulakey I'm taking you down next
                              • Jul 2002

Ok then genius look at Ricky's stats last year in the first half of the season and the second half of the season. Tell me if he was worn out or not. Also just because he carried 42 times last night doesn't mean he will do it for every game the rest of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X