PDA

View Full Version : Mc Gahee starts week 8 at KC........

L.A. Playa
09-22-2003, 01:50 PM
out plays priest holmes what ya think???????? priest could be out for the season by then talk about a player taking too many hits

lordofgun
09-22-2003, 01:52 PM
I honestly don't think he'll play this year. I'll be amazed if he does.

Drewpac
09-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Even if he does come back there's no way he'd make any impact by week 8. The guy is a rookie who hasn't played football in almost a year. As much as I'd love to see him out there I think it's in our best interest to shelve him until minicamp. Next fall he would be back to full strength and Henry will be starting for the Lions.

stuckincincy
09-22-2003, 02:13 PM
If the Bills Brass have Brains - no way. The landscape is chock full of dead businesses who plunked down assets (i.e. a 1st round pick) and rushed a product to the market too soon.

Ð
09-22-2003, 02:14 PM
He's only an asset if he plays

snow1989
09-22-2003, 02:19 PM
I think he sees 'spot' duty...unless he lights things up...until then, I say they give Burns a shot

stuckincincy
09-22-2003, 03:36 PM
To D with the dash in the middle:

Sure it's an asset (as in lost opportunity such as not picking my preferred pick at that spot, G Erik Steinback who is starting with the Bengals (IknowIknowIknow) but Brown can't last forever and Pucillo/Sullivan are ok- to not-ok, but we'll see. Plus salary and sal cap stuff and maybe game 10 roster space.

Ebenezer
09-22-2003, 10:19 PM
no way

Michael82
09-23-2003, 08:30 AM
Uhhh guys...he can't legally play until week 10. He can start to practice in week 6, but can't play until week 10.

The Spaz
09-23-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Uhhh guys...he can't legally play until week 10. He can start to practice in week 6, but can't play until week 10.

I don't think that's true they have 21 days from week 6 to decide wether to activate him or keep on on the IR or DL something like that!:hitself: :boozer:

L.A. Playa
09-23-2003, 09:15 AM
he can be activated within 21 days of week 6

BZLoserPool
09-24-2003, 10:59 AM
I was a little bit off. This is from a Rochester Democrat & Chronicle article....

Though McGahee can attend practices and meetings and continue his rehab at the stadium, he cannot physically practice with the team until the conclusion of Week 6 on Monday, Oct. 13.

At that point, there is a three-week window when McGahee can begin practicing. If during that time he cannot return, then he has to go on the season-long injured reserve list.

At whatever point he does start to practice, the team has three weeks from that day to decide whether to put him on the active roster, so theoretically McGahee could go until Week 12 before getting onto the field.

Mad Bomber
09-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Ð
He's only an asset if he plays

He's only an asset if he plays well.

Michael82
09-24-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Mad Bomber
He's only an asset if he plays well.

EXACTLY!

Hey Mad Bomber. How ya been? Ready for the MLB playoffs? Do you think the Yankees will be going to the World Series again? :D

Judge
09-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

I don't think that's true they have 21 days from week 6 to decide wether to activate him or keep on on the IR or DL something like that!:hitself: :boozer:

I am pretty sure Spaz is right. I think he can be activated after week 6. Anyone have a rules cite?

Ebenezer
09-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Judge
I am pretty sure Spaz is right. I think he can be activated after week 6. Anyone have a rules cite?

he can be activated anywhere up to 21 days after week 6...otherwise he is done for the season.

Ed
09-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Eb is right. In theory he could be activated and play in the Redskins game.

My guess is that he starts practicing Oct. 13, the day after the Jets game, and is activated right near the deadline to give the Bills plenty of time to evaluate him and sees his first carry of the season during the Cowboys game. With the bye week that would give him a full month of practice before playing. I definitely don't expect him to start at any point this season unless we're decimated by injuries, but I could see him getting a few carries here and there come November.