PDA

View Full Version : You were wrong. Seau is not washed up.

Dolfan984
09-22-2003, 01:57 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/forums/upload/showthread.php?threadid=17411

He played better than wonderboy TKO too. :)

It's still early in the season, anything can happen. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season, (well not too much luck) you have a hell of a team there in Buffalo.

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 01:59 PM
it is early.. he is old.. time will show.

Dolfan984
09-22-2003, 02:03 PM
Maybe, but it's been two years in a row that he's sacked Bledsoe. :) He's doing things Derrick Rodgers never did for us. That's all we wanted...oh and Sammy Knight is pretty good too. :)

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Did you guys watch the same game I did. TKO was all over the field. Seau had the sack!

Drewpac
I agree. Seau still has something left in his tank. He played well last night. But he is old and you probably can't expect much from him beyond this season. Spikes will be terrorizing the Phins for the next 7 or 8 years.

LarryBoy
Overrated

Dolfan984
09-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac
I agree. Seau still has something left in his tank. He played well last night. But he is old and you probably can't expect much from him beyond this season. Spikes will be terrorizing the Phins for the next 7 or 8 years.

Good point, and he was all around the field, but I only think he had 4-5 tackles, and a fumble recovery (All credit should go to Winfield though for that one) Seau got some nice pressure up the middle on some of his blitzes.

Seau has this year and maaaayybbeee next year left in his tank before he's offically done IMO.

DolphinDevil28
09-22-2003, 02:08 PM
JUNIOR SEAU>takeo "make it hot" spikes

Historian
09-22-2003, 03:12 PM
I thought Seau did a great job of cheerleading last night!

MDFINFAN
09-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac

That's why we have Moore and Jenkins in the wing, waiting to take his place...and they have 9-10 years in them..:shades:

The Spaz
09-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

That's why we have Moore and Jenkins in the wing, waiting to take his place...and they have 9-10 years in them..:shades:

Moore and Jenkins hahahahaha!:gnight:

MDFINFAN
09-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Moore and Jenkins hahahahaha!:gnight:

You don't know them now, but they will make their introductions pretty soon just like Ogunleye made his last year. These guys are pretty good, remember I told you first..

Bert102176
09-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Seau is just a piece of crap

Bufftp
09-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
http://www.signonsandiego.com/forums/upload/showthread.php?threadid=17411

He played better than wonderboy TKO too. :)

well TKO has had three consecutive games and Seau one big game on Sunday Night.

lets revisit this topic in six or seven weeks.

MDFINFAN
09-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp

well TKO has had three consecutive games and Seau one big game on Sunday Night.

lets revisit this topic in six or seven weeks.

No that's not true, all 3 games for Seau have been good, he was the only one who showed up in the Texan's game..so last night was just more of the same for him.

jaja54
09-22-2003, 04:45 PM
Why is this comparison even being made? You can't compare Seau, in his declining years, with TKO who is in the prime of his.

We brought in Seau for leadership and outplay the guy he replaced. So far, I think he's held his part of the bargain.

TKO was brought in to make a mediocre defense a Good defense, and he has also lived up to his task.

IMO, both teams have gotten what they were looking for.

Dolfan984
09-22-2003, 04:46 PM
Seau's been pretty solid all year. This is about how good he's been playing for us.

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
Seau is just a piece of crap

:lol:

SABURZFAN
09-22-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
JUNIOR SEAU>takeo "make it hot" spikes

:rolleyes:

chubluv
09-22-2003, 11:23 PM
How can anyone think Seau is doing anything good. Sure he had that sack, but all he did was jump on our guys after Zach thomas or some other dolphin already made the tackle. Hell my fat butt could go jump on the pile after someone else made the inital stop. If you dolphin fans are hinging your hopes on him I hope you have lots of Tums & Rolaids cause your going to need it after you all have stomach pains watching the rest of your season.

Not that it matters but do you think that ref has found his whistle yet so he could finaly blow Ricky Williams forward progress dead at the goal line or is he still blowing it at Prealou's interception...

bernielivsey_1
09-22-2003, 11:43 PM
He still has his air punch. What a performance.

Michael82
09-23-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by chubluv
How can anyone think Seau is doing anything good. Sure he had that sack, but all he did was jump on our guys after Zach thomas or some other dolphin already made the tackle. Hell my fat butt could go jump on the pile after someone else made the inital stop. If you dolphin fans are hinging your hopes on him I hope you have lots of Tums & Rolaids cause your going to need it after you all have stomach pains watching the rest of your season.

Not that it matters but do you think that ref has found his whistle yet so he could finaly blow Ricky Williams forward progress dead at the goal line or is he still blowing it at Prealou's interception...

LOL! :lol: Nice post! :D

As far as Seau...I saw him get thrown aside more than once and he also missed a few tackles that he usually would have made. The ONLY thing he did out there was the sack and he was let right in by Pucillo. :rolleyes:

As far as the ref, I totally agree....how can they whistle that play incomplete, but not whistle it dead when Ricky had no forward progress? He was stopped! :madcurse:

PhinPhan1227
09-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by chubluv

Wow...Tuesday and still blaming the refs for the loss. Impressive.

LarryBoy
09-23-2003, 11:08 AM
I see him complaining....not blaming.

PhinPhan1227
09-23-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by LarryBoy
I see him complaining....not blaming.

On Monday it's complaining, on Tuesday it's blaming. Phin fans who still bring up the blown calls agaib\nst the Texans are blaming...they aren't complaining...same thing here. Hey, I don't make the rules...:spanku:

R. Rich
09-23-2003, 11:21 AM
Oh puh-leaze!!! The refs did not screw us out of a win. Blame the poor blocking, poor decisions by coaches (option pass?), poor play from Bledsoe, and more miscues (ill-timed penalties, turnovers, and the inability to capitalize on Miami's turnovers) all you want, but please do not blame the refs! Make no mistake about it; we were statistically dominated by Miami! We weren't blown out, true, but I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that we couldn't stop Williams (in large part because we couldn't keep the defense off the field for more than 3 plays!!), so why would they try to ring up more points when they could just grind out a win by running the ball and killing the clock (which is just what they did)?

The_Philster
09-23-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Oh puh-leaze!!! The refs did not screw us out of a win. Blame the poor blocking, poor decisions by coaches (option pass?), poor play from Bledsoe, and more miscues (ill-timed penalties, turnovers, and the inability to capitalize on Miami's turnovers) all you want, but please do not blame the refs! Make no mistake about it; we were statistically dominated by Miami! We weren't blown out, true, but I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that we couldn't stop Williams (in large part because we couldn't keep the defense off the field for more than 3 plays!!), so why would they try to ring up more points when they could just grind out a win by running the ball and killing the clock (which is just what they did)?

No one is blaming the refs....just pointing out that they weren't doing their best job. We should have played well enough to overcome any officiating mistakes

helmetguy
09-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
No one is blaming the refs....just pointing out that they weren't doing their best job. We should have played well enough to overcome any officiating mistakes

Too true. Then again, where's all that discipline GW was supposed to instill in this team? Still WAY too many penalties!