PDA

View Full Version : New offensive wrinkles needed

juice
09-22-2003, 02:05 PM
What does KG and coach williams have against the screen pass or an occasional quick hitch pass to the wide out. You would take advantage of what Reed's strength is, which is running the ball and making people miss, he has a background as a running back give him the ball in a position where he can run it. Also to get Henry beyond the line of scrimmage why not take advantage of his recieving skills by throwing him a screen pass. I dont think the Bills line has jelled enough yet to expect them to hold off a pass rush like Miami has, so to take the pressure off throw the Quick hitch or screen, it will spread the defense. :madcloud: Bowl bound

muestafa1
09-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by juice
What does KG and coach williams have against the screen pass or an occasional quick hitch pass to the wide out. You would take advantage of what Reed's strength is, which is running the ball and making people miss, he has a background as a running back give him the ball in a position where he can run it. Also to get Henry beyond the line of scrimmage why not take advantage of his recieving skills by throwing him a screen pass. I dont think the Bills line has jelled enough yet to expect them to hold off a pass rush like Miami has, so to take the pressure off throw the Quick hitch or screen, it will spread the defense. :madcloud: Bowl bound

I agree with you completely... if the corners are playing deep, a pass out to one of our recievers is as good as a run.

muestafa1
09-22-2003, 02:11 PM
What about calling a reverse when the line backers are pursuing (over pursuing) like there's no tomorrow...

You know we've become too predictable when on the play action pass Bledsoe threw for an interception, there was a gaping hole in the line and the line backers were playing at least 10 yards deap... they knew it was going to be a pass and that's not good...

stuckincincy
09-22-2003, 02:18 PM
After re-acquiring a fellow who is often hailed as the best backfield blocker in NFL history, how about keeping him on the field for more that 30% of the plays?

juice
09-22-2003, 02:19 PM
I like the reverse, I just dont know if this line can hold their blocks long enough to execute it. The line is a huge concern we need to take some pressure off of them until they jell, how about some short routes to the tight ends or quick posts anything besides every pass play being a 30 yard pass down field to Moulds were the line has to maintain their blocks 4-5 seconds.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2003, 02:20 PM
These "wrinkles" are in just about every other teams' playbooks, but they WOULD be a novelty for us.

snow1989
09-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Here's a new wrinkle for us...a half-decent running game

muestafa1
09-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by juice
I like the reverse, I just dont know if this line can hold their blocks long enough to execute it. The line is a huge concern we need to take some pressure off of them until they jell, how about some short routes to the tight ends or quick posts anything besides every pass play being a 30 yard pass down field to Moulds were the line has to maintain their blocks 4-5 seconds.

Crazy talk.... :dizzy:

juice
09-22-2003, 02:26 PM
The patriots and raiders both went to Superbowls running "quick hit" "quick slant " type offenses, Gilbride might be a little set in his ways. He needs to call plays that work towards your personels strengths and right now that is not pass protection or opening huge holes up the middle, let the line mature. :afro: bowl bound baby

juice
09-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Later for the tricks and misdirection the key is execution, which isn't a bad idea for Gilbrides playcalling. :madcloud: Bowl bound

Jan Reimers
09-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by snow1989
Here's a new wrinkle for us...a half-decent running game

That WOULD be a total surprise.