PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, This was not an ass whooping!

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 02:25 PM
That was a close, hard fought division game! And if our Offense would have just played average, we would taken this one!

I know that it’s the nature of many on this board to “worry” about how we’re going to get our offense going again, but I’m not going to waste my time! It’ll come back!

Things like this happen. We’ll bounce back. It’s not like we played the Cardlnals!

See it could be worse, we could be 49er or Packer fans. Both 1-2 with loses (SF at home) to bad teams.

We lost a close road game to a tough division opponent.

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 02:26 PM
This next game is in our House. And we can give our D an advantage by being at and into the game.

I'm ready for Sunday already!

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2003, 02:29 PM
Exactly. Our offense was offensive and we were still in it until the very end.

Miami played well and earned the win, but if Drew and company play a little better we win that game.

LarryBoy
09-22-2003, 02:36 PM
Preach on! How true! The fins better look out, cause were gonna be there till the end!

MDFINFAN
09-22-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
That was a close, hard fought division game! And if our Offense would have just played average, we would taken this one!

I know that it’s the nature of many on this board to “worry” about how we’re going to get our offense going again, but I’m not going to waste my time! It’ll come back!

Things like this happen. We’ll bounce back. It’s not like we played the Cardlnals!

See it could be worse, we could be 49er or Packer fans. Both 1-2 with loses (SF at home) to bad teams.

We lost a close road game to a tough division opponent.

I agree Patrick, this was a hard fought game, where either team could win, the only different was that we could get a little more running going vs you. well it's aleast good to see you give the phins a little credit for being a decent team..after we lost to the texans, everyone around here had us as the door mat of the division...one other thing, I'm glad we have two weeks to recover before we have to play someone else. There were some hitting going on the D's last night, where I'm sure our teams are soaking pretty good today in a nice hot, hot tub. Well at least where your D and our O are concerned. They were the featured players last night.

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 02:38 PM
I thought it was a very good game. It would have been a fun game to watch had it not been my team. But since it was, I felt like I was going to have a heart attack the whole time.

fabolouspaul
09-22-2003, 02:38 PM
I personally love to watch the Bills play at home. They really feed off of the crowd and it shows in how they play. Im looking for a BIG bounce back week for the Bills. At first, I thought philly might have a slight advantage because of the Bye week. But the Bills are angry and are looking for revenge at whoever they play next. Rest vs Revenge. I'd pick revenge.

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Good point about the Crowd Fab. I thought the Crowd played a HUGE ROLE in this game. It was very loud there and you could just see the Fins D feeding off of them. They were jacked up before nearly every play. Much like we were vs. the Pats in week 1.

Being at home is very big.

DolphinDevil28
09-22-2003, 02:45 PM
It's not like we played our best, you know. We missed 2 field goals, had a STUPID interception returned all the way, and had a fumble.

If we play smart, we probably win 23-0.

All speculation, but don't think for one second that you saw the best the Fins have to offer.

LtBillsFan66
09-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Great post!

:up:

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 02:49 PM
And Vice Versa! You can’t talk like that in football, I talked about this in an earlier thread!

Remember we were inside your 10 twice! If the coaches don’t call a trick play and if Bledsoe sees Henry open, it’s 14-0 early.

At the same time, if JF doesn’t overthrow Chambers, you guys end the game earlier.

The point of my thread is that the game was 10-7 with a 2 minutes left in the game. So it’s not like we got killed out there. We played terrible on O and we were still in the game at the end!

DolphinDevil28
09-22-2003, 02:51 PM
I know the Bills didn't play their best. But alot has to be credited to the Fins defense. And alot of bills fans have trouble doing that right now.

LtBillsFan66
09-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
I know the Bills didn't play their best. But alot has to be credited to the Fins defense. And alot of bills fans have trouble doing that right now.

You are right. I admit it. We got it handed to us. There are a lot of ifs ands and buts, but some credit is due to the miami d.

RedEyE
09-22-2003, 02:54 PM
I appreciate the positive boost, but I don't know about a good game. What I saw was 2 defenses playing their asses off and 2 offenses making multiple mistakes. The Bills made more, they lost. I'm thinking both O's look like dookie and if either one of these teams preform like in the future it will be an early ending.

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Not this guy! If you check my first post I said and I Quote, "That was a close, hard fought division game!" and "We lost a close road game to a tough division opponent."

That game was a defensive War! But I think if our O played average, we would have won that game.

And I think we're capable of doing that!

NoRing4U
09-22-2003, 02:56 PM
Give the Fins D some credit. The Bills got shutout in O.

You scored 38+ points or whatever the first 2 games and I know you all thought you were going to light it up. Your O just got pushed around. Was still a good game though. Like the other poster said, it's not like we played our best either with all the mistakes.

jbond007
09-22-2003, 02:57 PM
====================================================

"They (the Dolphins) ran 73 plays to 44 for Buffalo."

"8 -- Bills first downs in the game. "

"Bledsoe completed 10 of 25 passes for 98 yards with two interceptions and four sacks" (all in just under 20 total minutes on the field....great offensive line!)

"The Dolphins could also claim a victory in their feud with Moulds, who had just two receptions for 30 yards"

"The Bills' first four possessions produced two turnovers and no first
downs,"

"The Bills led 14-0 after two possessions in each of those victories, but this time it took them 17½ minutes to make a first down."

"Miami took a Buffalo team that came into Sunday night's game outscoring its opponents 69-17 and made it look like an offense that could play three months' worth of games and still not score. "

"A Bills offense that scored 69 points in its first two games managed 16 yards on eight first-down plays in the first half. "

"The Dolphins limited the Bills to 118 total yards in a suffocating 17-7 victory that saw Buffalo's only score come on an interception return by Nate Clements."

"...and the defense gave Buffalo 118 yards, 51 of them coming in the final possession when the Dolphins were in a prevent defense."

The Bills came in averaging 32:30 and 346.5 yards in their first three games and had scored 69 points.

"Miami controlled the ball for 40:50, while the Bills had it for 19:10"

"The Bills' 19:10 of ball possession was their worst in eight years."

"He left with a passer rating of 18.4 after coming into the game having led the AFC in passer rating with 112.5."

"4.6 -- Drew Bledsoe’s quarterback rating in the first half, about 140 points below his final rating last week. "

"Sammy Knight, Brock Marion and Patrick Surtain all recorded interceptions. Four times the harrowed quarterback was thunderously sacked, making one wonder if Bled-so might have been a more descriptive spelling this night"

"Miami's defense turned Buffalo's featured runner, Travis Henry, into a nonentity Sunday. And Eric Moulds -- involved in the back-and-forth all week over whether he spit at the Dolphins last season -- had about as much impact on the outcome as an Eric Moulds Bobblehead doll."

""They played an excellent game and kept our defense on the field," said Moulds. "

"The Bills managed just eight first downs and 118 net yards; they were 1-for-9 on third-down conversions and turned the ball over three times including twice in the red zone; Drew Bledsoe was sacked four times and looked dumbfounded most of the night; the offensive line was completely overmatched by the aggressive Miami defense; and Travis Henry carried five times for seven yards before exiting late in the second quarter with bruised ribs."

"Before its final drive, the Bills had more penalty yardage (84) than total offense (67)."

""I'm not even tired," said linebacker Zach Thomas, who had 10 tackles. "

"Moulds, Josh Reed and Bobby Shaw rarely won their one-on-one battles with the Miami secondary, and Moulds contributed two drops. "

"(Miami) now stands 11-3 for Sunday night lifetime."

"Their 118 yards of total offense was the seventh lowest total in team history. They managed four first downs in the first 58 minutes and finished with just eight, tied for the eighth worst in team history."

""They dominated the line of scrimmage and that was basically the ballgame," coach Gregg Williams said. "Basically they were just more physical than we were on the line of scrimmage tonight. It really wasn't a lot of scheme things. It was just physical."

""It's a marathon, a long season," Adams said. "As men we have to respond. We're a better football team, we feel. But we have to prove it every Sunday and today we did not prove it. We got what we deserved."

Bluffalo Miami
1st Downs 8 23
3rd-Down Conversions 1-9 6-14
Time Of Pos. 19:10 40:50
Penalties-Yards 11-84 4-35
Total Plays 44 73
Net Yards Rushing 41 166
Net Yards Passing 77 147
Yards Per Pass 2.6 5.1
Total Net Yards 118 313

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 02:58 PM
But did the O's look like Dookie because the two D's played great.

A defensive football game can be a great game.

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by NoRing4U
Give the Fins D some credit. The Bills got shutout in O.

You scored 38+ points or whatever the first 2 games and I know you all thought you were going to light it up. Your O just got pushed around. Was still a good game though. Like the other poster said, it's not like we played our best either with all the mistakes.

Did you read any of this thread? I think 4 diff Bills fans gave the Phins D Credit!

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by jbond007
====================================================

"They (the Dolphins) ran 73 plays to 44 for Buffalo."

"8 -- Bills first downs in the game. "

"Bledsoe completed 10 of 25 passes for 98 yards with two interceptions and four sacks" (all in just under 20 total minutes on the field....great offensive line!)

"The Dolphins could also claim a victory in their feud with Moulds, who had just two receptions for 30 yards"

"The Bills' first four possessions produced two turnovers and no first
downs,"

"The Bills led 14-0 after two possessions in each of those victories, but this time it took them 17½ minutes to make a first down."

"Miami took a Buffalo team that came into Sunday night's game outscoring its opponents 69-17 and made it look like an offense that could play three months' worth of games and still not score. "

"A Bills offense that scored 69 points in its first two games managed 16 yards on eight first-down plays in the first half. "

"The Dolphins limited the Bills to 118 total yards in a suffocating 17-7 victory that saw Buffalo's only score come on an interception return by Nate Clements."

"...and the defense gave Buffalo 118 yards, 51 of them coming in the final possession when the Dolphins were in a prevent defense."

The Bills came in averaging 32:30 and 346.5 yards in their first three games and had scored 69 points.

"Miami controlled the ball for 40:50, while the Bills had it for 19:10"

"The Bills' 19:10 of ball possession was their worst in eight years."

"He left with a passer rating of 18.4 after coming into the game having led the AFC in passer rating with 112.5."

"4.6 -- Drew Bledsoe’s quarterback rating in the first half, about 140 points below his final rating last week. "

"Sammy Knight, Brock Marion and Patrick Surtain all recorded interceptions. Four times the harrowed quarterback was thunderously sacked, making one wonder if Bled-so might have been a more descriptive spelling this night"

"Miami's defense turned Buffalo's featured runner, Travis Henry, into a nonentity Sunday. And Eric Moulds -- involved in the back-and-forth all week over whether he spit at the Dolphins last season -- had about as much impact on the outcome as an Eric Moulds Bobblehead doll."

""They played an excellent game and kept our defense on the field," said Moulds. "

"The Bills managed just eight first downs and 118 net yards; they were 1-for-9 on third-down conversions and turned the ball over three times including twice in the red zone; Drew Bledsoe was sacked four times and looked dumbfounded most of the night; the offensive line was completely overmatched by the aggressive Miami defense; and Travis Henry carried five times for seven yards before exiting late in the second quarter with bruised ribs."

"Before its final drive, the Bills had more penalty yardage (84) than total offense (67)."

""I'm not even tired," said linebacker Zach Thomas, who had 10 tackles. "

"Moulds, Josh Reed and Bobby Shaw rarely won their one-on-one battles with the Miami secondary, and Moulds contributed two drops. "

"(Miami) now stands 11-3 for Sunday night lifetime."

"Their 118 yards of total offense was the seventh lowest total in team history. They managed four first downs in the first 58 minutes and finished with just eight, tied for the eighth worst in team history."

""They dominated the line of scrimmage and that was basically the ballgame," coach Gregg Williams said. "Basically they were just more physical than we were on the line of scrimmage tonight. It really wasn't a lot of scheme things. It was just physical."

""It's a marathon, a long season," Adams said. "As men we have to respond. We're a better football team, we feel. But we have to prove it every Sunday and today we did not prove it. We got what we deserved."

Bluffalo Miami
1st Downs 8 23
3rd-Down Conversions 1-9 6-14
Time Of Pos. 19:10 40:50
Penalties-Yards 11-84 4-35
Total Plays 44 73
Net Yards Rushing 41 166
Net Yards Passing 77 147
Yards Per Pass 2.6 5.1
Total Net Yards 118 313

What does that have to do with this thread?

Historian
09-22-2003, 03:04 PM
The point of my thread is that the game was 10-7 with a 2 minutes left in the game. So it’s not like we got killed out there. We played terrible on O and we were still in the game at the end!

Very good point Pat. If I were a fishhead, (and I thank my lucky stars I'm not!) I wouldn't be rejoicing today. They dominated most aspects of the game and still almost lost. Given the trouble they had with us and Houston, I don't see them being much more than an 8-8 stiff....if that.

MDFINFAN
09-22-2003, 03:12 PM
I thought it was a very good game. It would have been a fun game to watch had it not been my team. But since it was, I felt like I was going to have a heart attack the whole time.

I agree, My heart was beating the whole game too, especially when Clemments intercepted that pass and took it in for a TD, I thought, oh,oh, is we go again, I just new the momentum would change, and to see Jay come back out and throw the long out and completed it when every thing in me said don't...that was just something.. I hope everyone else is not as good on D until we see you again, I can't see Ricky running that much in another game no time soon. Glad we have a by this week so he can recover.

rsmithgi
09-22-2003, 03:15 PM

Not an ass whooping?? 71 yards total offense is not an ass whooping? The Bills were punched in the mouth and didn't swing back.

Talk about the Bill defense all you want but from the last drive of the 2nd quarter until the end of the game the Dolphins ran off 4 drives of 8, 14, 13, and 9 plays out of six possessions. That shouldn't happen against a top defense. The Dolphins controlled the clock on offense and defense.

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 03:16 PM
10-7 with 2 minutes left! That is not an ass kicking.

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 03:17 PM
Feel lucky I even responded to you. I usually don't when I dealing with a person with a post count of 5!

RedEyE
09-22-2003, 03:17 PM
But did the O's look like Dookie because the two D's played great.

A defensive football game can be a great game.

I guess that's all a matter of opinion. IMO, the Bills showed no signs of that power offense they had in weeks 1 and 2. They made the defense do their work for them on the field. Dropped balls and high counts of stupid penalties takes the fun out of the game for me. They weren't even getting the basics right. I've seen better games out of most High School offenses. Mistakes like the sacks and INTs are expected in every game. I'll let that slide because it's too difficult to determine whether or not the incident should be blamed on the O, or props should be given to the opposing D.

If I'm an unbiased individual watching that game, I'm thinking that my team could destroy either one of those teams on any given day. Just my opinion. I'm not trying to down any of your ideas in this thread.

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 03:19 PM
We won't play a D that good for the rest of the season!

I know we have Miami again, but they won't have the benifit of the Home Crowd that time!

rsmithgi
09-22-2003, 03:27 PM
10-7 with 2 minutes left! That is not an ass kicking.

Take comfort in whatever you can today. Whether the score showed it or not, the Bills got dominated for 60 minutes.

41 minutes time of possession. 10 minutes of the 4th quarter when everyone knew Ricky was coming and they couldn't stop him.

Lawyer Milloy got blasted into the endzone on the clinching TD. Just beautiful.

MDFINFAN
09-22-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

I guess that's all a matter of opinion. IMO, the Bills showed no signs of that power offense they had in weeks 1 and 2. They made the defense do their work for them on the field. Dropped balls and high counts of stupid penalties takes the fun out of the game for me. They weren't even getting the basics right. I've seen better games out of most High School offenses. Mistakes like the sacks and INTs are expected in every game. I'll let that slide because it's too difficult to determine whether or not the incident should be blamed on the O, or props should be given to the opposing D.

If I'm an unbiased individual watching that game, I'm thinking that my team could destroy either one of those teams on any given day. Just my opinion. I'm not trying to down any of your ideas in this thread.

If your an unbiased individual, then you had to see that both teams D were very good, and could kick your team's butt by themselves...that in itself should make a fan scared of both teams. It's the tampa\Baltimore thing...D's can win ballgames..

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 03:47 PM
MD's making a lot of sense today. He had a few days last week when I thought we lost him, but he's back to making sense again.

I said some bad stuff about the fins last week but I learned long ago that this team will always be at least average. They hardly ever have a down year.

Both D's look very good.

When the weather gets cold and we get late season home games, our D is going to be very tough. We just need to get some home playoff games. THat's really the Key!

dolfan
09-22-2003, 04:17 PM
all i know is that the bills SUCK HARD !! they got their ass wooped badly maybe the score dosn't show it to be that way but the stats do bledsoe was hurried the whole game, dazed and confused , running game ... HA !! what running game defense play good but thats it all in all we kick the bills asses hard . And typical bills fans when the jills are hot everyone talks like they are super bowl champs well news flash to all you jills fans they never where and never will be cause they SUCK!!BLEDSOE IS A BIG TIME CHOKER AND SPIKES AN ALL TIME LOSSER FIRST WITH THE BUNGLES AND NOW WITH THE BILLS !!!

DOLPHINS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS 2003/04