PDA

View Full Version : What Can You Say About Yesterday's game

Creemoredrinker
09-23-2002, 03:50 PM
:music:

Other than I am very, very PROUD to be a Buffalo Bills fan today. We are the talk of the NFL. Guys who root for other teams are coming up to me and saying the Bills have really improved and could have won that game.

For the third straight game Drew brought the team down the field with less than two minutes left to score a touchdown. So the onside kick did NOT work, but I bet you every Bills fan believes that if it did, Drew would have had led us to score yet another touchdown for the win.

Other than the opening kickoff, the Special Teams coverage was excellent. Moreman's 70 yard punt was a beauty. Did you see the Crosbie's hit on one of the punts? What a smack! Have you noticed in the three games how the other team seems to having a lot of injuries? There were also some huge hits dished out by our secondary throughout the game. This is a young hard
hitting team that is taking the shape that Greg envisioned.

Did you hear Randy Cross' comment that last year and this year Greg has done an outstanding job of getting his team prepared every week? I wonder if "Coach" Dickhead heard that one as well?

Moore dropped a pass which was disappointing. I thought Eric should have caught the high one Drew threw through his hands. They did pass to the TEs more, but I think more was there to exploit.

Travis looked good when there were holes. I hope whatever injury he sustained will heal quickly. The OL did an excellent job of pass blocking yesterday. Drew was sacked on occasion when they blitzed a ton of people, but for the most part he had a lot of time back there.

I thought the pass interference call against AW was very, very soft. A home call. Oh, I was watching the NO game and Ken "I Never Found a Receiver I Could NOT Interfere" Irwin was playing for the Saints. I did NOT watch more than 10 minutes of the game against the Bears, but in that time he was called for NOT one, but two pass interference calls (both were very obvious)!

The DL did put pressure on Griese without blitzing. That is saying a lot since the Donkey's OL is one of the best in the league. When we did blitz, we did get to the QB as well, but left ourselves (as expected) exposed in the secondary.

The LBs played well I thought. Yes, they ran the ball well against us, but that was expected. Eddie Robinson continues his extremely slow start to this season.

The DBs played well other than giving way too much space in the 4th quarter.We should have been playing tight, but I image Gray wanted to prevent the quick score. Chris watson was picked on whenever he was in for the nickel or dime.

The offense played well I thought against a very tough defense who shutdown the Rams and 49'ers in the first two weeks. Some dropped balls. The run game worked in the beginning between the tackles and then the Donkeys shut that down. It opened up again in the 3rd quarter, but NOT for long.

The fumble call on our punt to them in the first quarter could have gone our way. That would have made a huge difference in the shape of the game.

Overall, a real good test for our team and another character builder.

Chicago's secondary looked like it had plenty of holes in it against the Saints. The Bears offense is nothing to worry about if you can stop the run. Thank God Ted will NOT be there next week.

casdhf
09-23-2002, 03:57 PM
thats a big if on stopping the run.

WG
09-23-2002, 04:06 PM
Head to Head, our offense beat theirs out. They only won b/c of the FR for the TD. That's it. Our O ourperformed theirs.

Unfortunately it was the only TO of the game and it cost us the game.

WG
09-23-2002, 04:09 PM
Actually, if you think about it, we were 2 big plays against us for TDs away from being 3-0!

That's tough!

Creemoredrinker
09-23-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
[B]Actually, if you think about it, we were 2 big plays against us for TDs away from being 3-0!

/B]

:patriot:

Two plays away from 3-0. More importantly, you can not say thet we did not out play the opposition in all three games and deserved to win all three.

There is hope and we have the faith.

HelpMe
09-23-2002, 04:23 PM
3 plays from 3-0....

You never know what happens with the Jets O if Morton gets an average return on the OT kick, so you take away his other KO.