PDA

View Full Version : Things to be excited about!

Patrick76777
09-22-2003, 02:33 PM
I just heard Schopp say something along these lines. That defense looked very good last night in a tough road test. His thoughts were that with a D like that, we should be in every game.

That’s a good point and it’s definitely something to be excited about!

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Considering Miami is probably one of the best teams we will face all year, I'm very pleased with our defense! Playing early in the season in Miami is extremely hard for anybody. Our offensive play was lacking, but we can easily fix that with some changes.

nolimit
09-22-2003, 02:49 PM
schoop also said that we are like the TB bucs with a slightly weaker defense , but better offense!

SEE all is not lost! We are still a very good team!

LtBillsFan66
09-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Turnovers!

Not apple turnovers either.

I forgot what they had looked like over the last couple of years.

LarryBoy
09-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Mmmmmm....apple turnovers....drool....

Ð
09-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Caution, filling is hot

Disgustipatex
09-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Uhh..did someone say you had a slightly worse defense then Tampa Bay? Hello??? I hope you were being sarcastic...

justasportsfan
09-22-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
schoop also said that we are like the TB bucs with a slightly weaker defense , but better offense!

I know our O will get better but I also believe in the saying, you're only as good as your last performance. With that, no way our O is beter than the BUcs. Last night was our big test against a goo team than any we've faced so far this year. The O played horribly.

As far as I'm concerened this O sucks against a good (potentially playoff bound) team. UNtil we prove otherwise, this O can only beat mediocre teams. Pats weren't up to it ( their D was demoralized) and the Jags are not much.

The D on the other hand is way better than our O. They've shown up consistently at least.

Jan Reimers
09-22-2003, 03:30 PM
hopefully the offense will show up for this week's game and bring the defense with them.

Gonk
09-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by nolimit

SEE all is not lost! We are still a very good team!

Please. You've got the better offense, but their defense has proven over and over again that they are real. Your defense has played NE (no running game, decent passing game) and JAX with out Jimmy Smith and they still had 2 td's. Last night, I think your defense played decent but then again, Miami is not a very offensively strong team except for Ricky who had 150 yds on you. MIA also scored 17 points and missed two FG's... it could've very easily been 23-7.