X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Ralph is pissed

On Monday Night Countdown, Mortenson was just reporting that Ralph is steamed about both the halfback option play and the fake punt from last week. Maybe we'll see an end to the trick plays that don't work.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

that old fart should have had Gee Dubya fired after the punt on 4th and 2 at new englands 32 last year.he has nobody to blame but himself.the last thing i want to hear is some old ba$tard fuming about a couple of plays that didn't work.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

i think we can all agree that TD is really in charge here.

Comment

• BillsFever
        Mr. Predictament
        • Feb 2003

Ralph GW

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
          that old fart should have had Gee Dubya fired after the punt on 4th and 2 at new englands 32 last year.he has nobody to blame but himself.the last thing i want to hear is some old ba$tard fuming about a couple of plays that didn't work.
          SHiw some respect for the person who has brought NFL football to this city and not call him an "old fart". he may be old that is a fact but don't make it sound like it is bad. I do agree however with him meetin gwith the coaching staff and giving them an earful.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
            • Jul 2002

If Ralph is pissed , I'm glad he's pissed. GW is not head coach material, and Gilbride needs his ear pulled with pliers until he learns to run the ball.
            Anyone see the special on Gruden on ESPN 2 tonight? His dedication to running game, and details at QB is remarkable. He probably is the best head coach in the game right now, and for years to come.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
              If Ralph is pissed , I'm glad he's pissed. GW is not head coach material, and Gilbride needs his ear pulled with pliers until he learns to run the ball.
              Anyone see the special on Gruden on ESPN 2 tonight? His dedication to running game, and details at QB is remarkable. He probably is the best head coach in the game right now, and for years to come.

Exactly!

Comment

• helmetguy
                Touch the helmet for luck
                • Sep 2002

There's a reason why there are three former Head Coaches on the current Bills' staff. That reason is the very same as why Gregg "Tennessee" Williams' contract has not yet been extended. Ralph's displeasure over the trick plays are only a harbinger of the Headuphisass Coach's impending doom. In his third year at the helm, and with his "notorious" attention to detail, Williams STILL has yet to demonstrate that he has grown into the job. His post-game explanation of the halfback option disaster is indicative of his refusal to take reponsibility for his own shortcomings. He has yet to gain a grasp on game management.
                Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• fushetti
                  President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                  • Feb 2003

Ralph should be pissed. His organization was embarrassed from top to bottom in front of a national audience. Time for him to "circle the wagons" and take care of business. We're gonna be fine.
                  "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                  Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                    • Jun 2003

If that play would have worked you guys would be cheering GW for a great call, actually it had TD written all over it, just a bad throw because of the pressure. The vikings did the same thing last year with moss throwing it and it worked. So it wasn't a bad call, just the execution didn't go correctly, plus it didn't work any better with Drew throwing in the redzone either. So that play wasn't the in all for the game.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Ð
                      1-800-SAD-GOAT
                      • Jul 2002

It was a bad call all around. There's no defending walking away without points on that drive.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ð
                        It was a bad call all around. There's no defending walking away without points on that drive.
                        I agree that walking away without points was bad, but the call wasn't necessarily bad..the execution was, both on th throw and drews throw..that wasn't the call's fault, especially Drew, he had time to throw it away and not force it. Can't blame that on the coach.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                          • Oct 2002

Actually if you noticed Henry stepped up into the pressure before he threw.. Forcing him to throw a duck..

Comment

• LABillsFan
                            • Aug 2002

The fake punt the HB option are good plays. Good plays for sub .500 teams in the 4th quarter when everything else has failed
                            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• shannon
                              • Sep 2003

I feel like it was a good call, it worked for the vikings, you guys lose one game and your already on your coach. This was a must win game for the fish and it was time for that pro bowl defense to start playing like a pro bowl defense. Suck it up and get ready for week 4...
                              Last edited by shannon; 09-23-2003, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X