PDA

View Full Version : What worries me the most

eddiehaskill
09-22-2003, 07:23 PM
The thing that worries me the most is that our team hasn't proved anything. The way I felt after watching the Jaguars game 8 days ago was content but not the normal feeling of a win. This was wierd for me to deal with because the score was so lop-sided. And I know fully understand what I was feeling. Here goes:

Not to take anythign away from the Bills amazing victory in week 1 but lets face it, the Patriots had little game footage to study of us. Week 1 is like that for a lot of teams. As a coach you just hope you prepared your guys for anything and everything. Great victory but nothing to get overly (crazy) excited about on Offense

Against the Jags we did a slightly above average Job. I know this probably sounds crazy but hear me out. The O-line for passing was amazing and Bledsoe's passes were right on the money. But the play calls from Gilbride are so easy to telegraph and our run game was useless. I put more blame on Gilbride for this than Henry or the O-line. Who cares if there is 8 in the box. they could have 11 in the box and Henry should avg more than 1.2 per carry. An incompletion on first down automatically means a run on 2nd. And if we run on first and get stopped, the pass is definitely coming on 2nd. And why the hell aren't we utilizing Sam Gash more for Henry to run. He is a pro bowl FB who never touches the ball (except for last night). Basically, the passes where you air it out for long gains are pretty but if the D knows your going to rely on them (as Miami obviously did) then they are useless (proven by the performance last night.

What it boils down to. We are a team with tons and tons of talent. Our defense is amazing. No questioning that. (with that talent GW can only hurt them). Our special teams are good except for Lindell. Having the opposing team start on the 35 all the time sucks ass. Why dont they let Moorman try kickoffs? He could probably put them in the end zone every time. And then there is our highly talented, poorly performing offense. When you only have to worry about the pass game as an opposing D you dont have to worry too much. Now that teams can study our game film expect more of last night unless we establish the run. Get our TE's to block. Get Sam Gash to block. Get the game so that a bomb pass from Bledsoe is a surprise rather than expected. It will be such a disappointment if all the talent goes to waste.

Lastly, Let's face it. Henry is our back for 03. I honestly do not think we will see WM till 04. Our coaching staff is a bunch of idiots who i do not put any trust in. Leave it up to them to screw up an amazing team. If we would have gotten Parcells we would be going to the super bowl, no question. Talent made GW go from 3-13 to 8-8 and talent will make us have a winning (hopefully) season this year. GW said in a press conference that the fake punt was stupid and then sends Henry out to throw a floater to nobody. Why not save that play for Smmy Morris, our thrid string QB? Makes no sense, none at all.

If we do not establish a run expect a lot more shutouts unless we depend on our D for points like last night. We have proved nothing as a team and wont prove anything until we become effective on both sides of the ball. We have been figured out by any defense with half a brain. Hoepfully things will turn around. My fingers are crossed

snow1989
09-22-2003, 07:27 PM
I agree with everything you said..until the last line of proving things on both side of the ball. I think our defense has proven itself, and performed well.
Everything you've stated about the offense, and Lindell's kick-offs I'd have to tend to agree with..

eddiehaskill
09-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by snow1989
I agree with everything you said..until the last line of proving things on both side of the ball. I think our defense has proven itself, and performed well.
Everything you've stated about the offense, and Lindell's kick-offs I'd have to tend to agree with..

No i totally think our Defensive has proved a lot. We are amazing at D. The effort they put in lat night was incredible. I just meant that Both sides has to be great and not just the D

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 08:29 PM
excellent post.

snow1989
09-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by eddiehaskill

No i totally think our Defensive has proved a lot. We are amazing at D. The effort they put in lat night was incredible. I just meant that Both sides has to be great and not just the D

misunderstanding then..no prob..and yes, a great thread..

imbondz
09-22-2003, 09:07 PM
this is the biggest bunch of crap. Unbelievable. If I played out the exact same scenario of the past 3 weeks to you before the season started, I guarantee you'd have been psyched with it. Our team hasn't proved anything? Are you kidding me???

The Bills have proven to me that they can beat any team in the league. We haven't been able to say that for a decade.

I understand having gripes with our team, but overall, i'm psyched. We laughed at the Dolphin fans after week one for complaining, and we are sounding just like them if not worse.

helmetguy
09-22-2003, 09:17 PM
I think that the running name needs to be infused with more than Henry straight ahead. Henry is beginning to remind me of Antowain Smith in his final years with the Bills-running head down toward the designated hole, whether the hole is there or not. Henry has shown, in the past, that he can change direction quickly. What is missing from the running game are counters or trap plays-misdirection type of plays that take advantage of the more aggressive, pursuit type defenses.

As far as Henry himself; he threw down the gauntlet before the season by boasting about breaking O.J. Simpson's 2003 yard team record. That boast, in combination with his more recent statements (misquotes?), give me the impression that he is suffering from acute tinea linguis (Athlete's Tongue-an affliction caused from the repeated process of putting one's foot in one's mouth).

eddiehaskill
09-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by imbondz
this is the biggest bunch of crap. Unbelievable. If I played out the exact same scenario of the past 3 weeks to you before the season started, I guarantee you'd have been psyched with it. Our team hasn't proved anything? Are you kidding me???

What have we proved on offense? that with no game film to study we could air out bombs to our recievers for big plays. We proved that the Jags shouldn't have been focused on our running game because we presently dont have one. We proved that Gilbride is a bad Offensive coordinator. and we proved that GW is a liar for saying in the offseason that he had our team focused on running the ball. Also, we proved that trick plays at the wrong time can lose games and ruin momentum. So you are right we have proved some things.

I mean come on how long do you think we could just kill teams with long passes. The bad weather is coming soon and other teams are realize that our running game is suffering? Like I said before, Sam gash and the TE's need to be in there blocking. A bomb pass from Bledso should be a surprise not something you expect every drive.

So, as previously stated, we have still yet to prove ourselves as a TEAM. You can not be strong on one side of the ball and expect to win games. I felt so bad for our D. last night. I wanted to shake each of their hands and congratulate them on an amazing performance playing for over 2/3 of the game.