PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry

elltrain22
09-22-2003, 07:38 PM
I really don't know what to make of Travis Henry this season. First off, he looked great in the preseason, and then he has looked terrible the first three games, then there are rumors that he is talkin' smack about McGahee, and then he cracks a rib!!! I tell ya what Bills fans, lets be realistic, if we don't get a running game that can manage more than three measlely yards a carry, we could definetley run into some major problems. Is it just me, or did Joe Burns look better running the ball last night than Travis. Why is he running right into traffic, and where is his ability to slip through tackles. True, our O' Line hasn't helped matters, but good backs fight through adversity. I hate too say this, but Travis could've learned a thing or two if he stuck around and watched Rickey Williams. By the way, we all hate Rickey Williams, but that was one of grittiest and most impressive running displays i have ever seen. Getting back to what i was saying about Travis though, if this controversey about McGahee is in anyway true, than the Bills don't need him, and i don't care how many yards he had last year. If he wants money, carries, and pro bowl appearances, he can join Peerlees down in Atlanta, and totally underachieve just like Price is right now. Maybe Donahoe really did know what he was doing after all.

And another thing, Drew should be tested for crack, b/c those throws he went for last night had no chance of being caught, and he also needs to learn how to get rid of the ball.

Alot of bad things...

But tomorrow is a new day, and our dee looked awesome last night, all things considered. Clements and Winfield look like pro bowlers, Milloy was solid, and T.K.O. and Fletch' were turnin' up the heat out there! Those are some positives.

The biggest positive is IT IS ONLY WEEK 3!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE STILL 2-1, AND WE STILL OUR A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!! We need to get better in alot of areas, but i fully believe we still got a winner with this team this year.

i am out.

enjoy......

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 07:52 PM
my biggest concern now is that henry is going to F up his whole trade value with a *****box season.

he has forgotten how to run.. and it is scaring me.

BillsOwnAll
09-22-2003, 08:06 PM
Ok......TH will pull it together i think. i hope and as for this trade..i thought he was gonna be a FA how can we trade him? someone please explain.

The_Philster
09-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
Ok......TH will pull it together i think. i hope and as for this trade..i thought he was gonna be a FA how can we trade him? someone please explain.

He has another year or two on his contract

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 08:22 PM
he is signed through 2005. he just signed a one year extension.. so we have him for this season, and the next two after this one.

and he makes basically no money. 350K this and next year.. and 1.5 mill in the final year.

Throne Logic
09-22-2003, 08:30 PM
TH can't fix his problem, until Gilbride fixes his own problems.

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 08:33 PM
henry CAN stop falling down every time he gets touched.

i am starting to have flashbacks of Antwain Smith.

helmetguy
09-22-2003, 09:42 PM
What is TH's cap hit if we trade him? Did we give him a substantial signing bonus?

baalworship
09-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Travis, my man, you are in a CONTRACT year essentially. If you play well you can get sent to someone who wants YOU and renegotiate your contract. If you continue on your path you will be at best, 3rd on the Bills depth chart.

This Bills team needs you. Don't you want a SB on your way out of Buffalo?! The ring will look good on your finger wherever you end up. Stop worrying about McGahee.

Disgustipatex
09-22-2003, 09:54 PM
The Bills dont need him? Yeah, because the Bills are good enough to just shrug off a 1400 yard RB. Please. You guys drafted a guy who looked good in college(Like Kiefdtdh-ja Carter, or hosts of other guys who looked great in college and dont translate. Not to mention those who dont have an injury that has screwed up better backs.

No, the Bills are fine.

colin
09-22-2003, 10:06 PM
travis not proven, not yet, he needs to step up and have some great games with no drops, when we need him. Not against deep cover 2s.

baalworship
09-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Ki-Jana Carter was drafted by the Bengals. What does that have to so with the Bills? That you HOPE McGahee is Ki-Jana? Ok. McGahee had more talent than Portis and he ain't so bad.

:snicker:

Speaking of the draft, the Bills have drafted some ok running backs. OJ, Thurman Thomas, Travis. I trust the Bills doctors more than the opinions of a Dolphin fan that is HOPING the Bills didn't hit the jackpot last year.

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 10:26 PM
the dolphins have drafted some really good rbs too..

they would never have to trade a bunch of 1st rounders to get one, because their scouting department is awesome..

jj johnson, cecil collins, parmalle, avery.. the list goes on.. rofl.