PDA

View Full Version : What a Quote - Greg with his head up Drew's @$$

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Bledsoe's Interception In The End Zone

"Really, from upstairs I heard one of our receivers got thrown down in the end zone. He got his eyes off him. He came back and tried to play over the top in the back zone. I didn't really see that. You see the guy that came back underneath it and made the play. I was watching on our side of the field, on the routes on our side of the field. So I didn't see it."

http://www.buffalobills.com/games/index.cfm?cont_id=205712

are you kidding me? bledsoe stared down moulds the whole way, never looked at wide open henry, and then threw into triple coverage.. garbage.. stop sticking up for him, and call him out for his horrible play.

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 09:55 PM
Interception - Drew

"His interception was when I was coming off the play fake and when I got my eyes back there, I didn't see him. I thought I could fit it in there. Unfortunately it was just a poor decision. I should have just dropped the ball off to the back of the flat instead of trying to stick it down field. I honestly didn't see him coming over."

look at your rb and dump the ball off? na..

Disgustipatex
09-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Every goddamned person in the stadium knew Bledsoe was going to stand there and attempt that triple coverage throw. Every man on the sidelines. Everyone on the stands. Bledsoe knew it. Moulds knew it. Every member of the offense, defense, special teams, even the janitorial staff saw it coming.

helmetguy
09-22-2003, 10:00 PM
Williams is simply a dolt. He sounds exactly like he did his first season here. And he's SUPPOSED to be so thorough, so organized. As long as it looks good on paper, nice and neat, he's off the hook. At least that's the way he makes it sound.

MDFINFAN
09-22-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
Every goddamned person in the stadium knew Bledsoe was going to stand there and attempt that triple coverage throw. Every man on the sidelines. Everyone on the stands. Bledsoe knew it. Moulds knew it. Every member of the offense, defense, special teams, even the janitorial staff saw it coming.

:lol:

That's the best liine I've heard in a long time, I have to remember that one..but you're so right, when I saw him focus I knew he was gonna throw it, I was hoping the DB's saw it too.

LtBillsFan66
09-22-2003, 11:02 PM
What is GW supposed to say? should he have pulled a Jim Mora?

bernielivsey_1
09-22-2003, 11:21 PM
Drew played a great game

last week

Tatonka
09-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
What is GW supposed to say? should he have pulled a Jim Mora?

pretty much.. yeah..

he should have said.. drew threw for 58 yards going into the 4th.. that is one of the worst performances of his career.

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2003, 11:56 PM
What you guys all fail to recognize is that Greg W has NEVER lost the backing of the players. Considering how bad we were 2 years ago and even late last year, that speaks volumes for his ability to manage a football team.

You don't see coaches slamming their players and the team if they want to have a job tomorrow (do the names Morra and Ditka ring any bells to some of you??)

Some of you need to freakin relax and let the season play itself out. This is our first loss for cripes sake. Quit trying to lynch somebody for a tough loss. We can't win every game.

Donahoe even commented last year that he was impressed that the team never quit on GW. It's about time the Monday morning QB's take a Zantax or something. One loss is NOT the great catastrophe many are making it out to be. :shakeno:

SABURZFAN
09-23-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
even the janitorial staff saw it coming.

they let you watch the game while you're working???:p:

Turf
09-23-2003, 07:25 AM
Like I've said all along, GW's record won't get him fired, the way he loses will get him fired. And he's starting season number three like the first two.
He's intent on leaving himself out to hang and defends his bonehead decisions, never backtracks and never admits he's wrong. He makes playcalls like he's playing on the XBOX or a high school game. This is the NFL, and you don't make risky play calls like that when you don't need to.
He sent a signal to his O-Line, we have no confidence in you. He sent a signal to Miami, we can't run against you. He sent a signal to Drew, I don't trust your decisions.
By taking such a risk he left the defense out to dry if it failed and unnecessarily so, just like the fake punt last week. There was no need for it, except to be SO CLEVER.
It was a sure three points on the road in Miami. Momentum. This is not a video game. He should have run three times and kicked a FG. We could have won that game easily.

helmetguy
09-23-2003, 11:37 PM
What I have never heard from GW is him taking reponsibility for HIS shortcomings. He always responds with a collective "we." Just once I'd like to hear him say "I made a bad choice."

Historian
09-24-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
What you guys all fail to recognize is that Greg W has NEVER lost the backing of the players.

Then what happened in San Francisco on 12/2/03? (0-35) At Buffalo on 11/3/02? (7-38) This guy is collecting some of the worst losses in the history of the franchise!

NO ONE is griping because of one loss, AWM. You're misinterpreting the vibe. People are lamenting the fact that this guy has been disingenuous since the day he slithered into town!
Keep in mind, he took over a team that was 7-4 the previous November, then lost three defensive starters on three consecutive plays in Tampa, and only won one more along the way. When he took over, he pronounced us a playoff team that,
quote, "Only needed a little discipline" to make the playoffs.

It's been all downhill since then.

He then tells us that...

1. We will run a 4-6 Defense. (We still have yet to see that despite all the players that have been brought in)

2. We will run a West Coast Offense. (scrapped after one season)

3. We will play disciplined. (We are one of the most penalized teams during this time frame...many of those committed by VETERAN players, not rookies)

4. He hires a staff of high school and college assistants to "teach" the players football. The problem is...who taught them? (Most of whom were replaced with a gun to his head)

He then proceeds to tear apart the league's #3 ranked defense, while his (and he's a defensive GURU) finishes 21st! His teams lead the league in penalties, and sloppy play, despite a constant growing talent pool.

The truth is, he shouldnt have been hired in the first place. He has no experience at this level. He may be a good NFL Coach some day, but he has not risen through the ranks. He should have gone from Tennessee back to College to cut his teeth. Then, when he has proven he can actually run a program, he should have gotten an NFL shot. He should have gone back to coaching college if he was truly interested in teaching ball players. You don't teach pros...you enhance their techniques, and build a scheme around their skills...not the other way around.

Williams was hired for one reason, and one reason only...money. His price was right. A lot of better qualified individuals were out there but Wilson didn't want to shell out the bucks, plain and simple. Well the chickens are coming home to roost. The inexperience is showing.

I hope you like disappointment, because that's how this season is ultimately going to end, whether we beat the Eagles or not.

Turf
09-24-2003, 06:53 AM
I don't think money was the reason, I think Donahoe made was fooled.

Tatonka
09-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Billsology
Then what happened in San Francisco on 12/2/03? (0-35) At Buffalo on 11/3/02? (7-38) This guy is collecting some of the worst losses in the history of the franchise!

NO ONE is griping because of one loss, AWM. You're misinterpreting the vibe. People are lamenting the fact that this guy has been disingenuous since the day he slithered into town!
Keep in mind, he took over a team that was 7-4 the previous November, then lost three defensive starters on three consecutive plays in Tampa, and only won one more along the way. When he took over, he pronounced us a playoff team that,
quote, "Only needed a little discipline" to make the playoffs.

It's been all downhill since then.

He then tells us that...

1. We will run a 4-6 Defense. (We still have yet to see that despite all the players that have been brought in)

2. We will run a West Coast Offense. (scrapped after one season)

3. We will play disciplined. (We are one of the most penalized teams during this time frame...many of those committed by VETERAN players, not rookies)

4. He hires a staff of high school and college assistants to "teach" the players football. The problem is...who taught them? (Most of whom were replaced with a gun to his head)

He then proceeds to tear apart the league's #3 ranked defense, while his (and he's a defensive GURU) finishes 21st! His teams lead the league in penalties, and sloppy play, despite a constant growing talent pool.

The truth is, he shouldnt have been hired in the first place. He has no experience at this level. He may be a good NFL Coach some day, but he has not risen through the ranks. He should have gone from Tennessee back to College to cut his teeth. Then, when he has proven he can actually run a program, he should have gotten an NFL shot. He should have gone back to coaching college if he was truly interested in teaching ball players. You don't teach pros...you enhance their techniques, and build a scheme around their skills...not the other way around.

Williams was hired for one reason, and one reason only...money. His price was right. A lot of better qualified individuals were out there but Wilson didn't want to shell out the bucks, plain and simple. Well the chickens are coming home to roost. The inexperience is showing.

I hope you like disappointment, because that's how this season is ultimately going to end, whether we beat the Eagles or not.

that pretty much sums it up... great post.

i do however believe that we will win despite that idiot running the show.

helmetguy
09-25-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
I don't think money was the reason, I think Donahoe made was fooled.

Word has it that GW DOES know how to do well in interviews. It goes back to that thing about having meticulous notes about EVERYTHING. The problem is, once he takes notes, he doesn't seem to ever look at 'em again!

Turf
09-25-2003, 09:44 PM
I would have fired him after year 1 if I were the owner. We would have made the playoffs last year.
Now let me qualify, he has done a lot of things right. Not over working players, getting them to play hard, he's not all that bad. But his sideline presence and the plays he allows to be called leave himself hanging out on a limb again and again. And he never backs down from his mistakes. He has to realize this is the NFL.

helmetguy
09-25-2003, 10:06 PM
Is that what they mean by the term "Player's Coach?" As in, "he's a real Player's Coach." What the hell does that mean? He ain't too bright, can't win to save his ass, but the players love him anyway?

I have yet to hear him defend any decision he's made on the sidelines. When things go south, he's always saying "WE didn't do this" or WE have to get better." Just once, I'd love to hear him say "I BLEW THAT ONE!!!"