Wishfull thinking.. Portis/Anderson = McGahee/Henry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Wishfull thinking.. Portis/Anderson = McGahee/Henry?

i know this is obviously going on the assumption, one that a lot of people here seem to believe, that Willis McGahee will play and be a good RB at some point.

i look at the situation with portis and anderson.. anderson has handled it with such class.. what a 1-2 punch those guys are.

could WM and TH get to that point? or is there no way they could coexist?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Disgustipatex
    The King Troll himself(Formerly Piltdown Man)
    • Sep 2003

Oh man, they could be great. A fantastic one-two punch of guys who show complete inability to hit holes in Defenses. McGahee, recovering from a knee injury, and Henry who suddenly became stunning gunshy.

As a Dolphin fan, I certainly fear it.

"No TH, I aint got no younger hos for you, freak!"

Comment

• Ð
      1-800-SAD-GOAT
      • Jul 2002

I could see that happening.

The question is, could Travis ?

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Anderson also converted to FB

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Disgustipatex
          Oh man, they could be great. A fantastic one-two punch of guys who show complete inability to hit holes in Defenses. McGahee, recovering from a knee injury, and Henry who suddenly became stunning gunshy.

As a Dolphin fan, I certainly fear it.
          Kinda like the Fiedler/Griese combo

Comment

• MDFINFAN
            • Jun 2003

Tatonka, I think a bigger question is..Is it TH or the OL? When Portis runs, he get big holes before a Defensive player even gets to him, TH seems to get met in the backfield or at the line. It's hard to run if there's no room.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• baalworship
              • May 2003

It's some of each but I bet most of it is Travis Henry right now. He is obviously not running like last year at all. You could see him dancing behind the line in Jacksonville. Last year, when there was no hole he would get low and plow for 3. Now he dances and runs sideways.

Until he gets his head cleared we are better off with Burns and Morris keeping McGahee's spot warm.

Comment

• baalworship
                • May 2003

BTW, Ricky Williams demonstrated last night that you don't need holes to be effective. What did Ricky have 2.2- 2.5 YPC before halftime? He got his yards because his coordinator wasn't in love with his QB.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                  • Jun 2003

No, ricky wasn't constantly met in the backfield, the OL did a pretty good job of controlling your DL to atleast let Ricky get to the LOS..after that, yes Ricky is a powerful back, TH is not that style, neither will Mcghee be either. Jay doesn't have the arm Drew has or you might have seen Norv throw more, I'm sure he would have like to, but he had to go with what was working and trying to keep your O off the field and that's eat up the clock with Ricky, throw when necessary. But overall keep the bills O on the sideline, any team who could do that, would have to go for that formula, because of the type of O you guys have. No one wants to see your O on the field for 30+ minutes. Not too many teams can beat you that way, to include us.

Reach for the stars

Comment

Working...
                  X