X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

RB situation

Morris is out for 2 weeks leaving Burns. I can't remember if Simonton was put on the practice squad or not, if he wasn't, does anyone know if he is available? I don't think he is the answer but Burns Gash and Crosby won't be able to get the job done.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.
  • BillsBoy
    I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
    • Aug 2002

Yeah, we still have Simonton on the practice squad. With Morris out and Henry with his sore ribs, I look at Burns starting the game if Henry doesn't tough it out. But if Henry can't start, I am sure he will be the backup, as he can't just sit when he is hurt. He has a job to protect, and look at Priest. He had sore ribs and he played, and played well I might add.

I am thinking Henry will go on Sunday tho.
    If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

Thanks BB. I know what you're saying but if Henry takes one good shot he'll be gasping for air and sitting out the rest of the game. I think Simonton should be brought up as insurance.

Comment

• shannon
        • Sep 2003

do you think the bills will be able to run the ball with or without HENRY

Comment

• BillsBoy
          I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
          • Aug 2002

We all hope so shannon. I know I do.
          If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• LABillsFan
            • Aug 2002

I would much rather have Morris and Burns get carries to see how they do. They are not #1 backs but play a lot tougher and get to the hole faster than Henry. Plus Morris can catch. Moot point since Morris is out for the next 2 weeks. So I'd like to see Simonton get brought up from the practice squad. I just have a feeling WM will be the RB that pushes The Bills to the next level but it won't be until next year.

Comment

• ryven
              • Jan 2003

If we need lets bring up A. Brown I know its not his position but warren sapp is a DT who plays multiple positions. Put it this way we will have alot of speed at RB and we have a solid recieving threat out of the backfield we will have to have gash in the back field every play though cause I dont think A. Brown can block a line backer alone. So my thoughts are

WR:Moulds,Reed
              TE:Campbell
              OL:OL
              QB: Drew Bledsoe
              RB:Brown
              FB:Gash

But this is only if we play borwn as a RB

Comment

• ryven
                • Jan 2003

so what do you think.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I'd give Burns 30 carries against the Eagles. Run, run, run GW. The OL needs to polish the run game and I think our D can handle the eagles O. After the eagles game, we face the bengals and I hope we run again.

We know we have a great passing game when the run is established. We know that Drew screws up a lot when he's pressured to win the game through the air and our wr's are covered well by a good D.

No, if's and buts, we need to run.

If we run out of rb's , I'd put Van Pelt in to run and give him 40 carries.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

I'm wondering if they're working out Josh Reed as a just-in-case thing. Did,nt he play RB in college early on? I admit it would be quite a leap...
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• LarryBoy
                      The world needs a hero!
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by stuckincincy
                      I'm wondering if they're working out Josh Reed as a just-in-case thing. Did,nt he play RB in college early on? I admit it would be quite a leap...

Well...he cant catch and he should be able to hold on to the ball better then Henry.
                      Bills Rock!

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Well Rb's catching passes seems to mo longer be in the game plan
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Crosby broke a fibula. He'll be out a few weeks. I'd give Simonton a crack at some playing time.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• EM Bills Fan 80
                            Let's Go Buffalo!
                            • Mar 2003

I heard Crosby is gonna tought it out til its so bad he cant play anymore. Also I heard on Jim Brinson this morning driving into school that Henry maybe have the same injury as RJ had a couple years back. It could keep him out anywhere from 3-5 weeks if true, anyone else hear this?

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

If it is only his fibula and depending on the location of the break ... playing with the broken bone is no problem at all (I've played hockey with a broken fibula). The fibula is non weight-bearing and quite well surrounded by muscle ... the biggest problem I experienced is that I was susceptible to deep bruising which was more painful than the break itself.

However, from what I've been told, isolated breaks of a fibula are quite rare and instead are usulally accompanied by breaks in the tibia (which is a weight-bearing bone and takes a while to heal).

Comment

Working...
                              X