PDA

View Full Version : RB situation

LABillsFan
09-23-2003, 02:14 AM
Morris is out for 2 weeks leaving Burns. I can't remember if Simonton was put on the practice squad or not, if he wasn't, does anyone know if he is available? I don't think he is the answer but Burns Gash and Crosby won't be able to get the job done.

kardshark19
09-23-2003, 02:35 AM
Yeah, we still have Simonton on the practice squad. With Morris out and Henry with his sore ribs, I look at Burns starting the game if Henry doesn't tough it out. But if Henry can't start, I am sure he will be the backup, as he can't just sit when he is hurt. He has a job to protect, and look at Priest. He had sore ribs and he played, and played well I might add.

I am thinking Henry will go on Sunday tho.

LABillsFan
09-23-2003, 02:43 AM
Thanks BB. I know what you're saying but if Henry takes one good shot he'll be gasping for air and sitting out the rest of the game. I think Simonton should be brought up as insurance.

shannon
09-23-2003, 02:55 AM
do you think the bills will be able to run the ball with or without HENRY:feedback: :nana:

kardshark19
09-23-2003, 02:59 AM
We all hope so shannon. I know I do.

LABillsFan
09-23-2003, 03:13 AM
I would much rather have Morris and Burns get carries to see how they do. They are not #1 backs but play a lot tougher and get to the hole faster than Henry. Plus Morris can catch. Moot point since Morris is out for the next 2 weeks. So I'd like to see Simonton get brought up from the practice squad. I just have a feeling WM will be the RB that pushes The Bills to the next level but it won't be until next year.

ryven
09-23-2003, 08:14 AM
If we need lets bring up A. Brown I know its not his position but warren sapp is a DT who plays multiple positions. Put it this way we will have alot of speed at RB and we have a solid recieving threat out of the backfield we will have to have gash in the back field every play though cause I dont think A. Brown can block a line backer alone. So my thoughts are

WR:Moulds,Reed
TE:Campbell
OL:OL
QB: Drew Bledsoe
RB:Brown
FB:Gash

But this is only if we play borwn as a RB

ryven
09-23-2003, 08:26 AM
so what do you think.

justasportsfan
09-23-2003, 08:27 AM
I'd give Burns 30 carries against the Eagles. Run, run, run GW. The OL needs to polish the run game and I think our D can handle the eagles O. After the eagles game, we face the bengals and I hope we run again.

We know we have a great passing game when the run is established. We know that Drew screws up a lot when he's pressured to win the game through the air and our wr's are covered well by a good D.

No, if's and buts, we need to run.

If we run out of rb's , I'd put Van Pelt in to run and give him 40 carries. :bored:

stuckincincy
09-23-2003, 09:39 AM
I'm wondering if they're working out Josh Reed as a just-in-case thing. Did,nt he play RB in college early on? I admit it would be quite a leap...

LarryBoy
09-23-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
I'm wondering if they're working out Josh Reed as a just-in-case thing. Did,nt he play RB in college early on? I admit it would be quite a leap...

Well...he cant catch and he should be able to hold on to the ball better then Henry. :lol:

stuckincincy
09-23-2003, 09:57 AM
Well Rb's catching passes seems to mo longer be in the game plan:lol:

TigerJ
09-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Crosby broke a fibula. He'll be out a few weeks. I'd give Simonton a crack at some playing time.

EM Bills Fan 80
09-23-2003, 12:36 PM
I heard Crosby is gonna tought it out til its so bad he cant play anymore. Also I heard on Jim Brinson this morning driving into school that Henry maybe have the same injury as RJ had a couple years back. It could keep him out anywhere from 3-5 weeks if true, anyone else hear this?

HenryRules
09-23-2003, 12:49 PM
If it is only his fibula and depending on the location of the break ... playing with the broken bone is no problem at all (I've played hockey with a broken fibula). The fibula is non weight-bearing and quite well surrounded by muscle ... the biggest problem I experienced is that I was susceptible to deep bruising which was more painful than the break itself.

However, from what I've been told, isolated breaks of a fibula are quite rare and instead are usulally accompanied by breaks in the tibia (which is a weight-bearing bone and takes a while to heal).

Mr. Miyagi
09-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by LarryBoy

Well...he cant catch and he should be able to hold on to the ball better then Henry. :lol:
After seeing him drop a couple of gimme TDs, I can't even say that he can catch!

The_Philster
09-23-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy

Definitely an intriguing thought...even in just an emrgency