PDA

View Full Version : You know what is so funny.....

elltrain22
09-23-2003, 09:44 AM
All these ESPN analysts and Fins fans talk like they just destroyed us, and that Buffalo has fallen off the wagon. You know the funny thing about these statements is that if Buffalo would have gotten that ball in with 5 minutes to go instead of squantering another offensive opportunity, than the Bills would've taken a 14-13 lead with 1-2 minutes to play, and probably would've won, even though they were outrushed, outpassed, and everything else. Good teams find a way to make and keep it close, and Buffalo did that at least. You know there are alot of negatives assoicated with this game, but if you examine things from a more positive prospective, than things are definetly not as bad we think.:chief:

justasportsfan
09-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Every team has a bad game. At least we lost to a good team in their house and yet the game was close up to the very end despite our O getting dominated by their D. If it were some other team, I think the fins would've blown the game sky high.

This game was big because it was against a division "rival" and trash was thrown all over the place prior to the game. I still think we have a playoff bound team unless the team is not able to learn from it's mistakes.

RedEyE
09-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
All these ESPN analysts and Fins fans talk like they just destroyed us, and that Buffalo has fallen off the wagon. You know the funny thing about these statements is that if Buffalo would have gotten that ball in with 5 minutes to go instead of squantering another offensive opportunity, than the Bills would've taken a 14-13 lead with 1-2 minutes to play, and probably would've won, even though they were outrushed, outpassed, and everything else. Good teams find a way to make and keep it close, and Buffalo did that at least. You know there are alot of negatives assoicated with this game, but if you examine things from a more positive prospective, than things are definetly not as bad we think.:chief:

Patrick7677 was trying to do just that yesterday (focus on the positive). I try not to listen to analysts at all. Most are biased and lack a solid education on the game, and others are so set in just voicing their opinions that they fail to associate with the sport anymore. Very few announcers and analyzers hold any water with me.

Things are really not that bad, you're right. The Bills O had 1 bad day and it is seemingly correctable. No one should have expected a undefeated season, and I think very little of us truly expected Buffalo to win in Miami before the season began. Now it's time to show how they can overcome adversity.

Great point: The clock in the last game actually may have worked in our favor. Although the defense was on the field for over 40 minutes they showed no signs of defensive holes and no weakness. Since the O had such a horrible day producing, and never really got anything going, there really isn't enough tape for an opposing team to look at and pick apart.

It looks as if Henry will be ready to play this weekend against the Eagles. That's excellent considering the Eagles D is having a most difficult time stopping the run. The Bills coaches, I think, are going to have to revert back to the basics. Grinding the ball this weekend and work on simple pass routes, WR catching, and run blocking during practice. I predict that we bounce back against the Eagles this week with another sure handed win. We are dealing with a good mix of mature athletes on this team that have seen this type of thing before and know how to respond. Things will be good once again........or at least until the next loss ;)

LtBillsFan66
09-23-2003, 10:03 AM
I like the attitude here fellas! :up:

RedEyE
09-23-2003, 10:09 AM
Oh, and welcome to the BFZ Elltrain! Nice post :up:

mush69
09-23-2003, 10:23 AM
In order to have a decent running game we need the O-line to get off the ball. They were manhandled by the fins and never got the initial push you need in order to gain yardage. Now that I think about it they haven't done well in this area all year long. I know we have only had 3 games but we really haven't put up that good of numbers on the ground yet this year. This is the NFL and you have to be able to run the ball to suceed IMO!

jaja54
09-23-2003, 10:32 AM
You guys have a very good team. So you were outplayed one game... big deal. I'm sure your players will learn from it and go on. The only thing that bothers me about this post are the "What ifs" ... such as what if were hold on the last 5 minutes and score... well what if Mare doesn't miss TWO field goals then the last 5 minutes are not important, etc.

Your team played one hell of a game. It could of been alot worse but your D stood up to the challenge... DAMN 40 minutes on the field and yet you only allow 17 points. That's impressive.

IMO, it will be a battle between these two teams for the AFCE title. May the best team win.

PhinPhan1227
09-23-2003, 10:38 AM
The Bills are a very good team, so I would have been shocked if they'd been blown out. Playing "what-if" however has always been bogus. Miami fans can and did "what-if" themselves right into the "Imaginary Playoffs" last season, and they looked just as goofy doing it as you just did with this post.

LarryBoy
09-23-2003, 10:40 AM
All hes saying is it was closer then it looks.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Good posts phin fans. It was a tough hard fought game. If anything it has the rivlary going strong again. We will see you again december 21st.

PhinPhan1227
09-23-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by LarryBoy
All hes saying is it was closer then it looks.

Anybody who watched the game knows that it was a close fought game. Anybody who didn't doesn't matter. What's irritating however is when you start playing "what-if" and you don't show the flip side of the coin. Sure, a couple of plays on offense by the Bills could have made things closer or even turned them around. But by the same token, if Jay doesn't throw that pick, or the refs get it right the first time, you guys probably would have been shut out since your offense couldn't score to save their lives. See how useless the "what-if" game is?