PDA

View Full Version : Crosby Cracks Fibula

RedEyE
09-23-2003, 10:22 AM
My apologies if this has already been posted, but it's been thread hell in here the last 3 days and this is news to me. I don't remember Crosby going down, yet I do remember not seeing him on the field Sunday night. Also the link can not be posted because this article came from my Yahoo account. Check out the last sentence.......

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Buffalo backup running back Sammy Morris will miss at least two weeks after surgery Monday to repair a sports hernia.

Morris missed Buffalo's 17-7 loss at Miami on Sunday with what the Bills initially thought was a strained groin. Coach Gregg Williams said the extent of the injury wasn't fully discovered until further tests were done after the game.

The status of starting running back Travis Henry is still uncertain. Henry bruised his ribs while being tackled during the second quarter of the loss to the Dolphins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Williams said Henry was feeling better Monday, and his condition would have to be re-evaluated.

The Bills, who traded Olandis Gary to Detroit before the start of the season, have only one other tailback on their depth chart, third-stringer Joe Burns. Rookie Willis McGahee is on the non-football injury list and isn't eligible to be activated until after the sixth week of the season.

Even if Henry is healthy enough to play, Williams said the team will consider signing a running back.

The Bills also announced that backup fullback Phil Crosby cracked his fibula against Miami.

Updated on Monday, Sep 22, 2003 7:40

The Spaz
09-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Yeah I posted this yesterday!:)

ryven
09-23-2003, 10:48 AM
only problem is who would they pick up I say stay with what we have and wait till week 6 I know not alot of people wanted to see willis on the field this year, but anyway we start using him.

fabolouspaul
09-23-2003, 11:29 AM
How about Simonton. Is it possible to activate him for Sundays game? Although Burns did impress me with his hard running style last Sunday night.

RedEyE
09-23-2003, 11:30 AM
Bills | Crosby Out Indefinitely - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:28:09 -0700

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports Buffalo Bills FB Phillip Crosby (fibula) suffered a cracked fibula in the Sunday, Sept. 21 game against the Miami Dolphins. Crosby is out indefinitely.

The_Philster
09-23-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
How about Simonton. Is it possible to activate him for Sundays game? Although Burns did impress me with his hard running style last Sunday night.

Yeah. But they'd have to cut someone to activate him.