PDA

View Full Version : Give Drew Less Time to Throw??

Ebenezer
09-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Take a look at the major interceptions (not one that were tipped, etc) that DB has thrown as a Bill. Many times it almost seems like he has TOO much time to throw. He is a rhythm QB and needs to drop back and fire. All too often he makes the wrong decision or locks in on a receiver when given too much time.

ryven
09-23-2003, 11:50 AM
you have a good point maybe if he didn't have so much time he mighthave looked to dump the ball off to henry then instead of looking at moulds the entire time. yes you definitly have a valid point.

colin
09-23-2003, 12:18 PM
I think a few more quick outs to tight ends will solve many of our passing problems.

LtBillsFan66
09-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by colin
I think a few more quick outs to tight ends will solve many of our passing problems.

Good point. Some screen passes too.

LABillsFan
09-23-2003, 01:32 PM
I was thinking about that before Sunday's game. Drew could get too comfortable in there and start forcing balls. But then again if chose to, he could look for the RB in the flat. He opted for the first.

Drewpac
09-23-2003, 02:11 PM
No offense, but that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The problem is not with the amount of time that Drew has to throw but rather the defensive schemes that are employed against him. The Dolphins primarily played nickel defense and Drew had time to throw because the Phins were only rushing their front four. They played their defense similar to the way the Pats played us last year and the Giants played us in the first Superbowl. They basically gave us the short underneath routes but as usual Drew wouldn't make the throw. Drew never looks comfortable on short throws and this will continue to be our undoing. If you take away the long ball from Bledsoe he starts to look uncomfortable and forces his throws.
The reason he often looks better with less time to throw is because the defense has committed more men to the pass rush which in turn opens opportunities in the secondary.

colin
09-23-2003, 02:13 PM
Drew is Drew and can get undone when locking in on a deep WR, but he can spot and hit TEs with good ability.

We need to do that more, he has done it his whole career.

Our running game is our weakness.

formerpatsfans
09-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Lets get rid of our offensive line. He is use to having pressure. His whole time in New England he had no time.