• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Miami Bye Week an Advantage

I have to tip my hat to Miami for using their bye week to their advantage. It gave them the ability to run RW 42 times. I really wonder if their gameplan would have been a little different had they had to play this week. I bet it would have been. RW still would have gotten 30 carries and maybe the game would have been the same and it would have worked out that he would have gotten 42 but they might have approached the game differently...just a thought.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • ShineyMcShine
    • Sep 2003

hadn't thought of that...bet you're right. They'd have run him 20 more time if they had to....

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Definitely a possibility. Usually the only adjustment in stuff is made with the opponents coming up after the Bye...because there is more preparation time. This would be just a case of doing something that requires a bit more time to recover from.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Amazingly enough, Ricky really didn't appear to be tired after his performance. I think he could have gone another 2 qrtrs.

Comment

• Disgustipatex
          The King Troll himself(Formerly Piltdown Man)
          • Sep 2003

Surprisingly, he's feeling normal. They wrote a few articles on it this morning. He claims he could have kept it up for a while, came into work normally, and asked the trainers what they wanted him to do as far as conditioning. Susposedly he ended up jogging two miles in the underwater treadmill thing.

He claimed he was more beat up in his 36 carry NE game last season. It's kind of amazing he can handle so much punishment. Lamar Smith couldnt walk after a 40 carry game a few years back.

"No TH, I aint got no younger hos for you, freak!"

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

who cares???????? no one game plans for a bye week

Comment

• imbondz
              Democrats are people too
              • Jan 2003

you're giving Wannstedt way too much credit.
              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• SFLABill
                • Sep 2003

The game plan would have been alot different if we would have scored in the red zone. Fiddler would have had to pass instead of handing off. Reported down here that RW slept 3 hrs Sunday night and then ran 3 miles in the pool

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Disgustipatex
                  Surprisingly, he's feeling normal. They wrote a few articles on it this morning.
                  let me guess...the sun-sentinel.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

It appears that way

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

let me guess...the sun-sentinel.
                    After tying the mark for the fourth-highest number of single-game rushes in NFL history with 42, it would be understandable if Williams didn't want to crawl out of bed for a week. Williams, though, said he needed only about three hours of sleep after dozing off at 6:30 a.m.

Williams arrived at team headquarters at 10 a.m. and asked coach Dave Wannstedt what he should do for conditioning drills. Williams decided to run two miles on an underwater treadmill, even though he should have tired legs after rushing for 153 yards and the game-clinching touchdown less than 12 hours earlier.

Williams didn't even think playing the Bills was his most strenuous NFL outing, instead citing a 36-carry home game against New England from last October.
                    more
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                    X