PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports NHL 2004

Fennernen
09-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Does anyone else absolutely love this game? I know it isn't even really out yet, well, it comes out for PC today, but I haven't even played it and I already love it. I was a big fan of the previous NHL's and I have played the demo for 2004, it is utterly astonishing. The graphics, the animations, the realism, all perfect. If anyone has any comments about the game, I would love to discuss...

Rhett4NHL
09-23-2003, 02:38 PM
I'm still playing NHL2k on my old Sega Dreamcast. That's how good of a game that was, and that speaks volumes of the abilities of these guys to make video games. They're much better than the EA series...which is a great series in it's own right.

EDIT: OOOPS. I thought you were talking about the ESPN 2004 (the sequel to NHL2k3). I think you should try that game out if you think the EA one is great. The realism is supposed to be top notch...

Fennernen
09-23-2003, 03:37 PM
I'll admit, the former EA NHL's have been a little more on the arcade side, but they introduced A.I. sliders that allowed the user to tweak the settings for a more realistic game, although it was tough to get it perfect. I am extremely excited about the new game because they did a complete overhaul of the graphics generator, and they switched over to realism... Just playing the demo I have noticed coutless differences, it's like a whole new game altogether, and it's not easy to master. Dynasty mode also let's you have full control over the GM duties. Every player has a salary, you have to set ticket prices, set practices on off-days, they thought of everything!!!! This is my type of game.

Dozerdog
09-23-2003, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the boards, Fennernen!

Fennernen
09-23-2003, 03:43 PM
Thank you very much! Glad to be a part of them!

lordofgun
09-23-2003, 04:30 PM
:rofl: @ your sig.

Myers57
09-24-2003, 10:36 AM
I am a fan of the Ea Sports hockey games, I have NHL 2002 for pc now, but it won't work too well because the driver is not compatible with XP.

I am considering buying the PC version of NHL 2004.

BTW, where did you get the game demo?

Sabre Ally
09-24-2003, 11:04 AM
:confused: I have 2002 and it works fine on my XP machine.

Myers57
09-24-2003, 11:31 AM
The computer kept restarting in the middle of the game, so I eventually looked it up to see whats wrong and some internet source said the driver is not compatible with Xp.

:confused:

Maybe its just my computer.

SkateZilla
09-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Hmm
it wont be playable on XBOX LIVE.. which means I go For RIVALS or 2K4, I Have no Doubts that Black Box is able to Pull the EA Hockey Game Out of the Dirt Were 2003 Put it.. But Pay to play online via PC.. never.. If i want to pay to play online i want the opponent to have hte same specs / software and not a Modded/Hacked PC version on a AMD athlon 4.51 Ghz so he can see the future with his fast processor Lol..

I might get anyway though..
DEMO? what DEMO?

I Played the Demo for 2003 and it played fine and when i bought 2003 it Played at 2.3 FPS :)

Fennernen
09-24-2003, 03:04 PM
The Demo for NHL 2004 is available at http://www.easports.com/games/nhl2004/downloads.jsp

I just bought the game yesterday, and it is utterlly astonishing... I'm not much for online play, but you can still do a league online with friends, you just can't play against everybody online and enter tournaments to win prizes.

The game itself is so amazing though... The jump from 2003 to 2004 is huge. In the past, NHL 2001, 2002, and 2003 are pretty much the same game with updated rosters and a couple new features that didn't really affect gameplay all that much. 2004 however is so much better. The dynasty mode is so in depth, and a huge step up from other games. The gameplay itself is even better, it is so realistic, there is even board play (like pinning your opponent against the boards so a teammate can go grab the puck). I just can't say enough good things about this game!

pyrrhonist
09-24-2003, 04:25 PM
The NHL2K series has been my game of choice since the Dreamcast 'NHL2K2' installment. EA had become complacent, and I went with Sega's game. Thus far, I've not regretted my choice. I will still rent NHL2004 when it releases for Xbox, to at least try it out. The same goes Hitz Pro and Rivals.

SkateZilla
09-24-2003, 06:09 PM
i played the demo for a bit it actually ran smooth at 1024x768 maxed details..

I was a little confused at first cuz i play NHLK 2k3 on Xbox all the time..