Clear All
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

The next 4 games

Sept. 28 Philadelphia
    Oct. 5 Cincinnati
    Oct. 12 @NY Jets
    Oct. 19 Washington

Even if Henry is out for 4 weeks (which he won't be) and Morris stays out for 2, Burns, Gash, Simonton and a change in the passing game, (screens, hitches, passes to the flat etc.) can get the job done against these teams. I don't see a reason to panic. The D will stand tough and the wins may not as dominant as the first two, but the Bills should win these games anyways.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Anything worse than 3-1 is unacceptable.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

I am convinced if the passing game were to be a little more west coast for the next few weeks the Bills would go 4-0. There is too much talent at the WR and TE spots and if the line is better at pass blocking, roll outs sweeps and all the afore mentioned would work.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Re: The next 4 games

Sept. 28 Philadelphia ....win
        Oct. 5 Cincinnati ...win
        Oct. 12 @NY Jets ...win
        Oct. 19 Washington ....close game!

JMO!

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Philly maybe the most difficult game in that stretch. They have a lot to prove and they've had 2 weeks to put something together. Cincy and the Jets should be (I say should be) wins. Takeo should be lit up for his match against the Bengales and the Jets are low on fire power. Infact, I read today that Mo Lewis maybe benched for poor performance. Washington is the other tough game. The Skin's are hot/cold. Thankfully it's at home.

Comment

• Halbert
            I'm Not Normal
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
            I am convinced if the passing game were to be a little more west coast for the next few weeks the Bills would go 4-0. There is too much talent at the WR and TE spots and if the line is better at pass blocking, roll outs sweeps and all the afore mentioned would work.
            As long as Reed keeps making plays, I agree. The D is good enough to allow Drew to pass 75% of the time if we have to.

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

Phily (win)
              Cincie (do i even need to say?)
              NY Jets (easy win)
              Skins (win)

I am not some unrealistic person who thinks the Bills could never loose, but I really think they the advantage in all these games versus these teams. Three of the four teams are weak against the run, and also 3 out of the next 4 games are at home. You do the math.

Bills 6 wins 1 loss
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                My IQ Test results came back negative
                • Oct 2002

lol were tko and dillon freinds?

Comment

• snow1989
                  • Sep 2003

Call me crazy...but I think Philly is a close win, the jets shouldn't be a problem, Wash should be another close win....its the Bungals that worry me.....first, the let-down factor, and secondly..they haven't blamed all that badly... (go ahead,..make fun of me..lol)
                  I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• DolphinDevil28
                    Veteran Zoner
                    • Jul 2003

There's not one game on that stretch that you should lose.

The bills defense is better than what I thought.

Comment

• Halbert
                      I'm Not Normal
                      • Jul 2002

3-1 would be cool.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                        • Aug 2002

If the reports are correct and Morris is out 6-8 weeks do you throw McGahee into the mix with Burns and Simonton. Getting a FA RB that can come in and play is highly unlikely. I guess you dance with who brung ya.

Comment

• Halbert
                          I'm Not Normal
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                          If the reports are correct and Morris is out 6-8 weeks do you throw McGahee into the mix with Burns and Simonton.
                          Highly unlikely. Personally I don't believe the hype that Willis will be ready in week 7. It's crazy to use him if he isn't 100%. If Henry and Crosby are both out they will have to bring someone in. If just one of them is out then they can probably get by with the guys they have.

Comment

• madness23
                            • Apr 2003

Willis will be ready in December and personally if Travis doesn't get his head screwed on straight and stop worrying about losing his job, he will lose his job. I read the article in ESPN mag. yesterday and you can tell it's just eating at him. If you consider yourself a franchise running back then act like one! FRB's don't care who's behind them because they know they're the top dog.

Comment

• mush69
                              • Jan 2003

I just don't see why some people don't have any faith in J. Burns. He is a hard runner that turns it up the field and had a great colledge career at GT. He may not have the flash that some of the premium backs in the league but he runs hard and isn't afraid of contact.

If TH isn't healthy enough to play, I think he will, then we have Burns to come in and get the job done. Let Willis recoup and we will see him next year. If Simonton is better than Burns then why didn't they keep him and send Burns to the NFLEurope?
                              Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

Working...
                              X