PDA

View Full Version : Eagles looking for fresh start, answers in game against Bills

RedEyE
09-23-2003, 04:27 PM
Eagles looking for fresh start, answers in game against Bills

By DAN GELSTON, AP Sports Writer
September 23, 2003
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- N.D. Kalu wants to forget about Philadelphia's 0-2 start and look ahead to the rest of the year.

``For me, it's like a whole new season,'' the defensive tackle said. ``Why dwell on it?''

``Because we're in Philly. That's how they do it,'' defensive end Corey Simon yelled from a neighboring locker.

The Eagles cannot be blamed for wanting to move forward, especially since their season started with Super Bowl aspirations. The Eagles can still get there, but history shows it will not be easy.

Only two teams -- the Dallas Cowboys in 1993 and New England Patriots in 2001 -- started 0-2 and then won the Super Bowl. No team has done it after losing its first two games at home.

The Eagles are coming off a bye and had Tuesday off, giving them plenty of time to think about what is ahead. After playing at Buffalo on Sunday, the Eagles host Washington and travel to Dallas before starting a stretch of five consecutive games against teams that reached the playoffs last year.

``We lost two games and people think it's the end of the world,'' running back Correll Buckhalter said.

The Eagles may look at the Buffalo game as the start of a new season, but first they need to figure out what went wrong in the first two games.

More..... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-regroupingeagles&prov=ap&type=lgns

I hate to say this, but I really can't see the Eagles starting the season 0-3, then again the game is in Buffalo. Tough matchup.

Let me know if the link doesn't work. It's from my Yahoo account and may not be visible to anyone else.

BillsOwnAll
09-23-2003, 04:29 PM
philies scary me.....if mcnabb is on then itll be tuff game..but if hes like he was against the pats were set..

Novacane
09-23-2003, 04:55 PM
I think Philly is an 8-8 team this year. Every game scares me but I think Philly was way overated. Now with a beat up secondary we should be able to score on them.

RedEyE
09-23-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I think Philly is an 8-8 team this year. Every game scares me but I think Philly was way overated. Now with a beat up secondary we should be able to score on them.

I think that your right, but my worry really isn't with the Eagles as much as it is with Buffalo. I'm not sure how they are going to respond to that game last week. I hope they're just pissed off and want to taste blood.

Halbert
09-23-2003, 04:58 PM
Philly will be extremely desperate, that's for certain. But I'd hate to be Philly with the Bills coming back to the Ralph fresh off a spanking by the hated Fish. Imagine having to go into the new-and-improved Vet 0-2 after the Eagles just lost their first game AND got shut out in Dallas in a nationally televised game. Ewwwwww.