PDA

View Full Version : Now saying that Sammy Morris will be out 6-8 weeks!

kardshark19
09-23-2003, 10:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/fantasyextra/injuries.html

NFL.com reports that Sammy Morris had surgery to repair a sports hernia and will miss six-to-eight weeks. That leaves Henry, wh is shook up and Burns as our backs for a while. They gotta bring Simonton up or get someone who can be a possible option.

RedEyE
09-23-2003, 10:28 PM
The Bills already announced that even if Henry is ready to go on Sunday, that they will be looking to bring in another back. Simonton is the logical choice, because when McGahee comes off the PUP list in week 6, Simonton can be put right back on the practice squad.

The_Philster
09-24-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
The Bills already announced that even if Henry is ready to go on Sunday, that they will be looking to bring in another back. Simonton is the logical choice, because when McGahee comes off the PUP list in week 6, Simonton can be put right back on the practice squad.

Then all they have to do is figure out who to cut

Historian
09-24-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by BillsBoy
[ Sammy Morris had surgery to repair a sports hernia

Ouch!

Turf
09-24-2003, 06:50 AM
Good thing it wasn't a sex hernia...geeezzzzz

ryven
09-24-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Then all they have to do is figure out who to cut

could we cut morris put him on the practice squad while he is recovering and then switch them back when all is said and done?

stuckincincy
09-24-2003, 08:49 AM
RE: Morris and Practice Squad

I'm pretty sure that when you demote someone to the practice squad, he has to go through waivers. So if anyone claims him, he could a) sign with a new team or b) stay with the current team.

Anyone know for sure?:chat:

ryven
09-24-2003, 09:24 AM
Hey CP are you out there can you help us on my question.

LtBillsFan66
09-24-2003, 09:33 AM
There is a rule about the practice squad and how much playing experience someone has. That would rule Morris out from going on the practice squad.

BZLoserPool
09-24-2003, 11:08 AM
De'Mond Parker! :D

Ð
09-24-2003, 11:11 AM
I had surgery for an abdominal hernia at the beginning of May.

6-8 weeks sounds about right, the only problem is he won't be able to do ANY weights while recuperating, so in reality he's done for the year.

The_Philster
09-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
There is a rule about the practice squad and how much playing experience someone has. That would rule Morris out from going on the practice squad.
Two years in the league (practice squad or regular roster) or 6 games on the active roster.

Originally posted by stuckincincy
RE: Morris and Practice Squad

I'm pretty sure that when you demote someone to the practice squad, he has to go through waivers. So if anyone claims him, he could a) sign with a new team or b) stay with the current team.

Anyone know for sure?:chat:
You'd have to cut the player first. If he's been in enough years, he becomes a free agent. They did this with Steve Tasker for the Colts game at Rich Stadium back in 97. The day after the game, they cut Bill Conaty to place him back on the practice squad the next day and re-signed Tasker.

Voltron
09-24-2003, 04:06 PM
Does everyone remember that we now only have 2 QBs!

Morris was the Emergancy QB!

I hope they don't say Henry is the Emergancy QB after his pass on Sunday :snicker:

The_Philster
09-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
Does everyone remember that we now only have 2 QBs!

Morris was the Emergancy QB!

I hope they don't say Henry is the Emergancy QB after his pass on Sunday :snicker:

Oh God no :eek: