PDA

View Full Version : What do the Bills do versus Phily...

elltrain22
09-23-2003, 11:01 PM
Riding the lowest since the early ninties, the Eagles roll into Buffalo looking for some respect, and look to try to turn there season around. Our Bills, have a pretty tough test with that said. Philly is always gonna play you, and Andy Reed is one of the better coaches in the league. You can bet that Phily will show up, especially after a bye week, the question is, will the bye week help or hinder there struggling offense. First off, Phily's offense currently thus far averages about 75% of pass plays called. This gameplan definetley has to be adusted, b/c the Bills have already shown a very tremendous ability to cover the pass. Phily has often been the recipient of stupid offensive turnovers, which either has given the opponents good field position, or resulted in 7 points for the other team. Phily cannot afford to come out like that against the improved Bills dee. It is for that reason I feel the Bills have a good advantage going into this game. Our team is coming off an embarassing loss of national tv, and they also playing in front of 75,000 screaming Bills fans, put 2 and 2 together, you got a fired up squad. Look for the Bills to exploit Phily on there run defense, and then set up the pass for Moulds, and Reed. I feel that this is a must game for Reed. He needs to prove himself after a very shaky start, and we started to see a little bit of that at the end of the Miami game. The big question is, will the run decide to finally show up? Hopefully this problem can finally be aleviated by a 100 yard game by TH (provided he plays, and he will).

If the Bills can take care of business w/ Phily, then they would set themselves up very pretty, with homes games against the lowly Bungals, and the Skins, and a road showdown with the much beligered Jets team. If this schedule plays out right, we're definetly staring at either a 6-1 or 5-2 team.

Just show up this week..........

MDFINFAN
09-24-2003, 12:07 AM
If philly hasn't right the ship in their bye, you guys are going to kill them..I think your team wants to win this game as much as philly especially your O..Philly's D is not the same with all the changes, I think you guys win. 23-10..and they might not get 10 on ya.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Philly's D is not the same with all the changes, I think you guys win. 23-10..and they might not get 10 on ya.

don't underestimate their offense.mcnabb is dangerous as we all know.staley and buckhalter may not scare too many people but you can't underestimate them.thrash and pinkston are no rice and tim brown but,AGAIN,you cannot underestimate them.chad lewis is a shell of his former self but he's a veteran who's been around 6-7 years.philly's OL is no slouch either.runyan and tra thomas form one of the better Tackles combination in the NFL.mayberry is a 1st rounder who's no slouch either.welbourne and fraley are decent but they aren't household names.their FB,ritchie,is a free agent pickup from oakland.he's a smart player who can pose as a threat a decent blocker and catch a pass or two out of the backfield.akers has a leg on him to hit the 50+yarders.this is an offense that could put it together at any time.let's hope that it isn't against the BILLS.

R. Rich
09-24-2003, 07:59 AM
I do think Philly will attempt to run on us. They also will throw the ball. We'll need to have a very disciplined game from the DEs against McNabb to keep him in the pocket as much as possible. Also, we'll need more of an upfield push from Williams and Adams. I think we match up favorably in the secondary, but they had better be ready and not take this team for granted. Offensively, the line must get tougher!! They need to be every bit as physical with other teams as teams like Miami and Tennessee (in the preseason) were to them. If we can get some inspired play from those guys, we should be in much better shape. Of course, Drew will have to be MUCH better than he was on Sunday night also. Take what the defense gives you and read the ENTIRE field, not just #80!!

justasportsfan
09-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Run burns 30 times. Bills need to make a statement. If we don't balance the run and pass. Gilbride is full of *****.

TedMock
09-24-2003, 08:22 AM
We need this Philly game as much as they do and we need to "re-balance" our offense big time. No win comes easy and Philly's gonna show up hard. As far as our next two home games go, Cincy has played a hell of a lot better this season then in prior years and as much as I hat the Skins, they lead the NFL in offense and they have a solid defense. Between that we have a division rival on their turf in the Jets. After all this we go into Arrowhead, which is one of the toughest stadiums to play in. The secon month could be equally as challenging as the first month. This is why 3-1 would be HUGE. It could quite possibly mean 5-3 versus 4-4 at the bye week. We could also be 6-2 and sitting pretty but we can't have another letdown.

Brian Griese Rulz
09-24-2003, 08:31 AM
I say GW should ok a WR reverse pass.

Hand it off to Burns, Burns hands it off to Moulds, and Moulds throws a bomb to Reed.