PDA

View Full Version : Eagles will pound the ball down our throats

northernbillfan
09-24-2003, 04:58 AM
From what we saw on Sunday night, the game plan for the Eagles will be to try and run the ball down our throats. They definitely have the talent to gain several yards against any team. And the way Ricki Williams made the Bills look like a high school squad, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to do that with Staley.

Dozerdog
09-24-2003, 05:03 AM
LOL....Il'll give the Eagles 3.5 per carry.

I highly doubt the Eagle Defense will be able to match Miami's output

northernbillfan
09-24-2003, 05:11 AM
I listened to an interview with Brian Westbrook and he mentioned that, even though Philly primarily runs a west coast offence, they are going to try and get more of a running game going.

And yeah there D is a major weakness.

Dozerdog
09-24-2003, 05:11 AM
The Dolphins gained 320 yards - no great shakes, and had 3 turn overs, 1 going for a score. That was with 72 plays run.....42 by William, 28 pass attempts, 2 Fiedler runs. Yards- Ricky 153, Fiedler 154, with 13 more from Fiedler on the ground

And that was with well over 40 minutes of ball control.

High school squad? You're nuts......

northernbillfan
09-24-2003, 05:14 AM
I know I'm nuts, and I realized the high school analogy was too belittling of the Bills, and I deserve to be smacked around. However Ricky did wear them down, as he did last time we played them, even though we came out on the better side of that battle.

madness
09-24-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
The Dolphins gained 320 yards - no great shakes, and had 3 turn overs, 1 going for a score. That was with 72 plays run.....42 by William, 28 pass attempts, 2 Fiedler runs. Yards- Ricky 153, Fiedler 154, with 13 more from Fiedler on the ground

And that was with well over 40 minutes of ball control.

High school squad? You're nuts......

Like he said... over 40 minutes of ball control. If it wasn't for our sputtering offense and lack of balance RW wouldn't of been a factor. 42 Carries? Against a normal defense he would of racked up over 200 yards.

don137
09-24-2003, 05:27 AM
The Bills defense did a great job last week against the run until the fourth quarter. What killed the defense IMO was the offsides penalties so instead of 2nd or 3rd and long the phins had 2nd or 3rd and short. Also the shrt little completions to McMicael. There is a big difference in the heat in September in southern Florida than Buffalo and considerng the Bills defense didn't breakdown until the last drive and I blame the offense for not being able to stay on the field over the Bills defense inability to get off the field. Ricky had a terrible YPC until the last drive. Plus, Buckhalter and Staley are no Ricky Williams.

Scott
09-24-2003, 06:27 AM
Don't buy it, Deuce Staley is not Ricky Williams and I think Miami's receivers are better the Eagles receivers.
McNab was playing scared before the bye, we'll see if he got his head screwed on straight. That is the key IMO.

Earthquake Enyart
09-24-2003, 06:41 AM
The Eagles have one of the worst running games in the NFL.

Mr. Miyagi
09-24-2003, 06:44 AM
I'm not worried.:rolleyes:

Novacane
09-24-2003, 08:34 AM
Me either. I hope they try and run it down our throats. Staley and Buchhalter don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Ricky Williams

Stewie
09-24-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
From what we saw on Sunday night, the game plan for the Eagles will be to try and run the ball down our throats. They definitely have the talent to gain several yards against any team. And the way Ricki Williams made the Bills look like a high school squad, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to do that with Staley.

That was a bad joke, right? Do you really believe holding the best RB in the NFL to 3 yards a carry through the first three quarters made them look like a high school squad?

Make no mistake, our defense played terriffic. You can't expect to win a football game when your offense holds the ball for 18 minutes.

RedEyE
09-24-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
The Eagles have one of the worst running games in the NFL.

What he said.

My theory is that McNabb will be used more in the running game than the 2 backs. Allow the heavy front of Buffalo's D the outside channels and open the passing lane straight over the middle. If no one is open for business, McNabb scrambles up the middle for 3,5, &10 yard gains. I've seen them use this action against the Giants in past years and it worked very well. Only difference was that the Eagles were working with all cylinders then.

The D is going to have to beat McNabb on Sunday. Sure they are going to try and mimic Miami's performance, but I hardly see a repeat performance from our O again this week. They are going to have to put more than 10 points on the board in order to beat the Bills.

TedMock
09-24-2003, 08:49 AM
Staley's about half Ricky's size and not quite as fast. Granted, they'll split carries with he and Westbrook but they're still not Ricky. Although, Deuce will look better this week than the first 2 games simply because he's been practicing with the team and not holding out. Philly's overall D is not as good as Miami's but their secondary is slightly better so we need to figure out how to get Burns several carries. Just pray that Gilbride doesn't go into panic mode if we're down by 7 points again. Philly's still a good team and we need to come out hard or we'll be disappointed again.

TedMock
09-24-2003, 08:50 AM
One more thing.....It's gut check time for the OL. Put up or shut up this week.

RedEyE
09-24-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
One more thing.....It's gut check time for the OL. Put up or shut up this week.

I've been quite happy with the pass block. I really think that the OL has done a great job protecting Drew. The run block is my concern.

LtBillsFan66
09-24-2003, 09:10 AM
Philly will NOT be on the field for 40 minutes!

snow1989
09-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Agree....Staley is no Ricky, doubt he'd hold up to the pounding of over 40 carries. McNabb will be more apt to scramble up field, but also look for them to throw the swing out pass and screen early to boost McNabb's sagging confidence.
If we can get on them early, get some points on the board and then force McNabb to chuck the brick alot downfield (which he hasn't been doing well so far) we should do alright

Tatonka
09-24-2003, 10:10 AM
this is one of the most uninformed, ridiculous posts i have read in a while.

lordofgun
09-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Attack the post, not the..........oh....crap.

mchurchfie
09-24-2003, 10:17 AM
The defense has not been that great against that run the whole year. The only reason there were not more yards against them in the first game was because the oppenents fell behind and had to pass. Even in the first game when they knew they had to pass after they fell way behind the Patriots were compelled to run the ball because they were getting 4-6 yds at a pop or more for a stretch. I know that some of you will say that the defense was giving that to them but the really good defenses stop everything. I still have my concerns with the run defense.

mchurchfie
09-24-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Attack the post, not the..........oh....crap.

:lol:Hush up Blockhead.:biggrin::snicker::church:

Ð
09-24-2003, 10:18 AM
Love the sig, church :rofl

justasportsfan
09-24-2003, 10:19 AM

You can't just leave it at that TAT. Put in your 2 cents to counter his statements. You've forgotten how to do that, now that wys is gone huh?

snow1989
09-24-2003, 10:21 AM

which post?

mchurchfie
09-24-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Ð
Love the sig, church :rofl

LOL...that's synonymous with the reviews I've been getting over at FH.:snicker:

northernbillfan
09-24-2003, 12:52 PM

Hey I was just basing my thoughts on some news I was reading about Philly last night. Also from what I heard from Westbrook in his interview on All Night on ESPN Radio.

That and I was inciting a riot too.

Hopefully we stuff Duce back into traction.

#1 Billz fan
09-24-2003, 01:13 PM
come on are you kidding me??? RW had 45 yards at the end of the first half!! Are defense was tired and the offense did not help them out at all. alos Staley is no RW.

MTBillsFan
09-24-2003, 01:43 PM
The only way the birds will run on us is if our Offense doesn't come out and get a big lead like 2/3 games so far! Our Offense will have a big day and we'll be back on the winnin track!
GO BILLS

Drewpac
09-24-2003, 01:54 PM
No way. If our offense doesn't suck like last week we win this game fairly easily. I'm predicting a 10 point victory. Let's say 20-10.

bernielivsey_1
09-24-2003, 03:23 PM
27-10 Bills
No worries.
Their D line is so banged up Drew could run for 100 yrds.