PDA

View Full Version : Henry to miss at least 2 weeks?

Novacane
09-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Thats what some of the players were telling the WGR55 reporter. Looks like it's bombs away Bledsoe for the next couple weeks.

RedEyE
09-24-2003, 08:55 AM
I think that Burns can at least mimic what Henry did in the 1st 2 games. If he can do that it will take a small amount of pressure off Bledsoe and the passing game.

I hate admitting this, little by little I'm leaning more towards McGahee and hoping that he has the "stuff". Still, I can't give up on Henry just yet. I think the man has the talent to be a decent back in this league. I guess, ironically enough, he is starting to resemble a RB that we all be seeing this weekend, Duce Staley. The guy can work a DL some of the time, and has the capabilty of making over a 1,000 yards, but falters more often than not. Now the injury - although hurt only this once, this resemblance is begining seem uncanny.

LtBillsFan66
09-24-2003, 08:59 AM
I can remember Bryson and Morris filling in fine over the last few years. I think Burns can do the same.

I too am liking the McGahee pick more and more.

justasportsfan
09-24-2003, 09:00 AM
I still don't know about McGahee. He may be good but a recurring injury to that knee could happen leaving us with.... Burns and Morris? Hmmmm..... On second thoughts. Trade Henry for a 1st rd and then draft Gore :snicker:

Pride
09-24-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
I think that Burns can at least mimic what Henry did in the 1st 2 games. If he can do that it will take a small amount of pressure off Bledsoe and the passing game.

I hate admitting this, little by little I'm leaning more towards McGahee and hoping that he has the "stuff". Still, I can't give up on Henry just yet. I think the man has the talent to be a decent back in this league. I guess, ironically enough, he is starting to resemble a RB that we all be seeing this weekend, Duce Staley. The guy can work a DL some of the time, and has the capabilty of making over a 1,000 yards, but falters more often than not. Now the injury - although hurt only this once, this resemblance is begining seem uncanny.

I agree 100%

I have a feeling I will be eating crow come week 8-9. I was very opposed to the draft pick, but maybe Henry is only the type of back that can produce when given a good blocking line, whereas Willis might be able to produce a la Barry Sanders, improvise and get his yards on his own.

LtBillsFan66
09-24-2003, 09:02 AM
And about Henry. Again this is not knee-jerk. I have been saying this for some time and asking these questions for some time.

Have you ever seen Henry make a good cutback run? Cut against the grain?
Ever seen him juke anyone out?

I think those are skills of top tier backs.

All of Henry's big gains seem to come on sweeps. And mostly to the right side!

RedEyE
09-24-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
And about Henry. Again this is not knee-jerk. I have been saying this for some time and asking these questions for some time.

Have you ever seen Henry make a good cutback run? Cut against the grain?
Ever seen him juke anyone out?

I think those are skills of top tier backs.

All of Henry's big gains seem to come on sweeps. And mostly to the right side!

Great point!

I've never really given that much thought. Also, I've never seen Henry out run a D on the field. He's usually brought down from behind, or driven out of bounds on break-aways.

ryven
09-24-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I still don't know about McGahee. He may be good but a recurring injury to that knee could happen leaving us with.... Burns and Morris? Hmmmm..... On second thoughts. Trade Henry for a 1st rd and then draft Gore :snicker:

I really dont want gore. He really hasn't shown me much and I definitly think we got the better miami RB. McGahee can do alot i.e.: cut back, juke, and if he has to he can rught over someone. I think it was a good pick in the draft, but like most of you I was completely shocked when he was picked.

EM Bills Fan 80
09-24-2003, 09:23 AM
Draft Greg Jones! :D

justasportsfan
09-24-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ryven

I really dont want gore. He really hasn't shown me much and I definitly think we got the better miami RB. McGahee can do alot i.e.: cut back, juke, and if he has to he can rught over someone. I think it was a good pick in the draft, but like most of you I was completely shocked when he was picked.

McGahee, Gore, Burns, morris. Sounds good to me.

I'm just playing though. I hope Henry gets better. For bills' sake.

muestafa1
09-24-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Do you guys think we'll be able to get a first round pick for Henry if he has a sub-par season? Do you think a team will be willing to forget about this year and look at last year?

L.A. Playa
09-24-2003, 10:01 AM
if we are gonna draft another back it needs to be a power back i forget hid=s name but ther is this kid that plays for oregon state that would fit that bill perfectly

Tatonka
09-24-2003, 10:15 AM
TD wont trade henry unless he gets a damn good pick for him.. why would he.. henry makes 365K a year.. this and next year.. then in the final year, he makes 1.5 million.. that is pennies for a damn good back up running back.. he will keep him if he sucks this season.

lordofgun
09-24-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
TD wont trade henry unless he gets a damn good pick for him.. why would he.. henry makes 365K a year.. this and next year.. then in the final year, he makes 1.5 million.. that is pennies for a damn good back up running back.. he will keep him if he sucks this season.

yep

Ebenezer
09-24-2003, 11:52 AM
say it with me...2004 starting RB Willis McGahee.

Mr. Miyagi
09-24-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
say it with me...2004 starting RB Willis McGahee.
Tell me something I don't know Eb. All along it's been the plan to trade Henry for a high draft pick after this season. Why else was McGahee drafted?

Whoever said it was right, we need to draft a power back, ala Zack Crokcket and Mike Alstott just for the goal line short yardard duties.

Jeff1220
09-24-2003, 12:00 PM
It's not out of the question that the Bills keep Travis and McGahee, especially w/TH's cap figures. Heck, Mike Anderson had a 1,000 yard season and is now a back-up to a 2nd year pro. I guess what I'm saying is...it could happen.

justasportsfan
09-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Whoever said it was right, we need to draft a power back, ala Zack Crokcket and Mike Alstott just for the goal line short yardard duties.

We don't seem to have a problem in the redzone when our no.1 rb is punching it in rather than throwing.

Judge
09-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

Great point!

I've never really given that much thought. Also, I've never seen Henry out run a D on the field. He's usually brought down from behind, or driven out of bounds on break-aways.

My biggest problem with Henry has always been his lack of speed. I've been posting this for over a year on here.

I agree with the analysis of Henry made by several on here now. I don't believe he has ever been good enough to be a "franchise back". I think he's capable of grinding out yardage and scoring at the goalline on the tough short yardage situations, which is very important. I never have considered him to be the clear #1 RB for the next 5+ years here- he's never shown that.

I'm urprised by his lack of productivity. I have had concerns about the o-line all along as well, and they're obviously still a developing facet of the team.

Ebenezer
09-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Tell me something I don't know Eb. All along it's been the plan to trade Henry for a high draft pick after this season. Why else was McGahee drafted?

I never said the Bills would trade TH...his cap figure is pretty team friendly.

Judge
09-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

I never said the Bills would trade TH...his cap figure is pretty team friendly.

Which makes him more easily tradable.

The better he does this year, the more likely he's traded- he can get a high draft pick or better because he will have produced and have a cap-friendly hit.

The worse he does, the more likely he's here as Willis's backup- who'd want an RN averaging 1.7 yards per carry?