PDA

View Full Version : Ken Simonton's Big Chance?

Earthquake Enyart
09-24-2003, 01:34 PM
They are going to have to find a way to activate him for this week, as Henry will be gimpy at best.

This could be his big break.

Ð
09-24-2003, 01:37 PM
Second string! Second string!

http://alt.tnt.tv/movies/tntoriginals/secondstring/image/img01.jpg

IHateTheDullphins
I think it'll be Burns big chance if anything. They'll activate KS to back up JB most likely.

LABillsFan
He should be rested by now after playing in NFLE. I'd like to see him and Burns play. Teams don't have that much in the way of film to get a book on them. Plus they are different in styles compared to eachother and to TH. It's early in the season give them a shot.

Pride
09-24-2003, 01:39 PM
I say give both of them a half. I would like to see Ken make good of his opportunity.

NC-BILLS44
09-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Pride
I say give both of them a half. I would like to see Ken make good of his opportunity.

I totally agree!!!

Drewpac
09-24-2003, 01:57 PM
At this point I'd play anyone who can get the job done. Any takers on Sam Gash as the lone tailback?

mchurchfie
09-24-2003, 02:09 PM
Damn, i forgot all about Simonton. I like the thought of him and JB splitting time. Good post EE!:up:

fabolouspaul
09-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Is Simonton available to play Sunday's game?

bernielivsey_1
09-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Lets see what they got. The line learning how to block is the key.

bernielivsey_1
09-24-2003, 02:52 PM
Dont forget we have the factorback Sam Adams.

RedEyE
09-24-2003, 03:04 PM
I say it's Henry's job to lose. If he fails to produce, or appears "gimpy" in any way then pull him and put Burns in. Otherwise give him the ball and see how he does. Thurman played thorugh many injuries. I think that this commendable and shows a will to win.

ryven
09-24-2003, 03:14 PM
we should put adams in at TE and call a run play adams and the line should be able to open a whole and we can factor in gash.
What do you think?

fabolouspaul
09-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Adams should be the FB and run over everyone he sees JK. Anyways, is Simonton activated to the roster so that he'll be available this Sunday?

ryven
09-24-2003, 03:32 PM
I dont know someone put out a thread that we picked up a Nick Maddox and he is about the right size and from his college bios he's pretty good. The only thing is he is a rookie and I dont think he has played a down in the NFL yet.

The_Philster
09-24-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
Adams should be the FB and run over everyone he sees JK. Anyways, is Simonton activated to the roster so that he'll be available this Sunday?

Not yet...but he could be once we cut someone.

Earthquake Enyart
09-25-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Damn, i forgot all about Simonton. I like the thought of him and JB splitting time. Good post EE!:up:

Just don't hug me like Wanny.

Jan Reimers
09-25-2003, 06:18 AM
We've added Nick Maddox to the Practice Squad and released Jerel Meyers. Maybe a prelude to activating Simonton.

mush69
09-25-2003, 06:22 AM
Ok so I am a little confused here. Why are some of you calling for Ken Simonton to be called up when we have J. Burns already here? Is it for depth in the roster or do you all think J.Burns can't get the job done?

J.Burns had a great NCAA career with Georgia Tech and is a very hard runner. He has great hands out of the backfield (better than Henry IMO) and hits the holes hard (when there is a hole). If Simonton is better than Burns then why is he on the practice squad and not Burns?

If this move is for depth, then IMO that means Henry will sit out a week. Do we have to cut someone for Ken to come up or do we have to put somebody on the DL?

Jan Reimers
09-25-2003, 06:39 AM
If Travis can't go, we have 1 RB - Joe Burns. And with Crosby hurt, we only have 1 healthy FB - Sam Gash. That's paper thin in this league.

mush69
09-25-2003, 06:46 AM
Tis true Jan

samhain1961
09-25-2003, 09:33 AM
I hope they activate Simonton.
Even if Henry is able to start on Sunday they should make sure to have two sets of fresh legs to spell him rather than just one.

Sure, Simonton played against a lot of benchwarmers in the European league, but still he produced & I think that experience gives him an edge over Burns.

If nothing else, let's go with a "runningback by commitee" approach should Henry not be able to take all the snaps. That's GOT to produce better results than last week anyhow.

Right?

:scratch:

lordofgun
09-25-2003, 09:35 AM
Welcome to the Zone, samhain! From everything I'm hearing, Henry is determined to play. :idunno:

samhain1961
09-25-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by samhain1961
I hope they activate Simonton.
Even if Henry is able to start on Sunday they should make sure to have two sets of fresh legs to spell him rather than just one.

Sure, Simonton played against a lot of benchwarmers in the European league, but still he produced & I think that experience gives him an edge over Burns.

If nothing else, let's go with a "runningback by commitee" approach should Henry not be able to take all the snaps. That's GOT to produce better results than last week anyhow.

Right?

:scratch:

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome.

Bit of a forewarning for you & the rest, although I've been a diehard Bills fan since 1980, I'm far from an expert when it comes to the game of football. My expertise is with boxing.
Oh, you won't find me in the dunces corner when it comes to the NFL, but I'm not a rabid follower who's up up all the stats of every player on every team either. Knowwhat I mean?

Anyhow, thanks again & let's hope for a helluva rebound on Sunday! :up:

mush69
09-26-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by samhain1961

Bit of a forewarning for you & the rest, although I've been a diehard Bills fan since 1980, I'm far from an expert when it comes to the game of football. My expertise is with boxing.
Oh, you won't find me in the dunces corner when it comes to the NFL, but I'm not a rabid follower who's up up all the stats of every player on every team either. Knowwhat I mean?

Just like 98% here Sam, the other 2% get it right sometimes!

TigerJ
09-26-2003, 12:57 PM
The last I heard:

Henry wants to play.

Henry hasn't been able to practice yet (as of Thursday)

Simonton is still inactive (on the practice squad)

Nick Maddox had the most yards for San Diego in preseason but hasn't played a down in the regular season.

I think that:

The odds are a little against Henry playing Sunday unless he gets a lot better fast.

The Bills probably will activate Simonton.

Burns will get the lions share of carries Sunday.

Burns is hard nosed and has good hands, but is s-l-o-w. He'll get you 3 or 4 yards but will break very few for much more than that.

Maddox will not be activated. San Diego must have let him go for a reason. He is reasonably fast, though not blazing. He started some at FSU but when Greg Jones was recruited he was relegated to backup except when Jones missed some time due to injury. He's something of a jack of all trades having played some WR. I suspect his big weakness is probably blocking.

XNOUGHT
09-26-2003, 01:16 PM
NFL= fun

Randy Ratio = bombs out

Bills play power football = bombs out