PDA

View Full Version : WEEK 4: BillsZone Pick-Em

Typ0
09-24-2002, 08:45 AM
I fell asleep last night before the game ended then I forgot to score the game this morning. Will do it as soon as I get home for work. Sorry for any inconvenience.

LINKS TO THE BFZ PICK-EM SITE

STANDINGS (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pickem.php?action=standings)

PICK-EM (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pickem.php)

casdhf
09-24-2002, 08:49 AM
How do we get to the standings?

Creemoredrinker
09-24-2002, 08:49 AM
:wave:

Where is your dediction to the Bills and this site?

Just kidding. You are doing a great job.

The TBD moderators don't sleep and you can tell by their sunny disposition.::snicker:

LABillsFan
09-24-2002, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure I want to look at them.

Typ0
09-24-2002, 11:51 AM
There is a link to the standings from your home page in the pickem game. They will not be updated for week three until I get home and run the scoring procedures. Hang in there!

lordofgun
09-24-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Typ0
There is a link to the standings from your home page in the pickem game. They will not be updated for week three until I get home and run the scoring procedures. Hang in there!

Jerk! :D

WCoastFin
09-24-2002, 12:02 PM
I should have started playing from week 1.....Oh well.

Typ0
09-24-2002, 06:05 PM
OK it's all set.

Bufftp
09-24-2002, 06:11 PM
I took a dive this week!
Clump is rocking!

Typ0
09-24-2002, 06:24 PM
Are you cheating Clump? LOL

Bufftp
09-24-2002, 06:43 PM
he is mod, hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm are you sure this isn't being run by the S. Florida election commision?

casdhf
09-24-2002, 06:54 PM
how do we get to the pickem home page?

Valerie
09-24-2002, 07:06 PM
Here are the links. It would be helpful if the link could either stay as a sticky thread each week or add a link button to it on the top of the main message board page. Thanks. :)

Make Your Picks: http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pickem.php

Check Standings: http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/g...ction=standings

4thAndLong
09-24-2002, 07:06 PM
I've only played one week and I'm tied in 12th :D

Here I come :D

TigerJ
09-24-2002, 09:10 PM
I made my picks but the standings link is not working for me.

Typ0
09-24-2002, 10:09 PM
It's not working for me either. Somehow the record got changed. It was working correctly before.

clumping platelets
09-24-2002, 10:44 PM
It doesn't recognize my username and password

shelby
09-25-2002, 04:44 AM
:hail: Ally!
The BFZ women rock.;)

JJamezz
09-25-2002, 09:51 AM
We were going to put a link at the top of the board pages, but at any res 800x600 or below, there's no room...

What you can do is click on the 'Get in the Zone' button to get back to the front page and there is a link to the pick'em in the 'The Zone' drop down menu at the top.

clumping platelets
09-25-2002, 11:45 AM
I'm OK now........I was using the links in J7's post.

I went to the front page link and was able to make my picks

lordofgun
09-25-2002, 11:46 AM
CLUMP IS A CHEATER!

Mr Smartypants:chair:log

clumping platelets
09-25-2002, 11:51 AM
Shhhhhhhh!! No....it's a

Ancient Chinese Secret

:bigwave:

TigerJ
09-25-2002, 12:56 PM
I went positive last week. This week it's time for my big move!

Ebenezer
09-27-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by shelby
:hail: Ally!
The BFZ women rock.;)

I believe that!!

Mad Bomber
09-28-2002, 09:30 AM
How did I get to -140 points?
I haven't even played yet!

Typ0
09-28-2002, 02:41 PM
If you never go to your home page (that is the initial page that loads when you go to the pickem page) you would not accumulate any points. However, once you visit that page once during the week you have entered the contest for that week. I expect you visited the page last week but never made any picks. There were 14 games and you lose -10 for each game you fail to make a pick.

Mad Bomber
09-28-2002, 06:17 PM
Yeah,
I went to the page, exited and went back to ask if we were picking against the spread, or were we picking straight up.

BOOM!

-140 points.

One click, maximum punishment.

It's bad enough being down 3 weeks, but starting 140 points in the hole?

honey
09-28-2002, 06:26 PM
"I feel your pain", Mad! :D

Mad Bomber
09-28-2002, 06:54 PM
Maybe I can just jump in and out of the pick zone, and see if I can get to -20,000 points by the end of the season, without making a single pick!:D

honey
09-28-2002, 07:00 PM
Yeah, and I'm SUPERWOMAN! LOL!

Mad Bomber
09-28-2002, 07:05 PM
I simply clicked on the link, got into the pick zone, and exited to find out what the rules were (vs. spread?) and I'm cooked with -140 points! I didn't bother picking, since I was already so far down without ever having played the game...

lordofgun
09-28-2002, 08:18 PM
Sorry bud...maybe you can PM Typ0 to see if he can help you. I don't know how to reset your score to zero.

Typ0
09-29-2002, 11:57 AM
MadBomber:

We apologize you have had an undesireable experience with the BillsZone Pickem Pool. We do not mean to penalize anyone that is unable to enter the game during any given week. In fact, the game is carefully designed not to be punitive. If someone is unable to participate in the game they do not get scored for that week. There are a lot of reasons someone might miss a week. Perhaps they are sick, on vacation, or their computer is down. Those are just some examples but there are many more. The game clearly states at the top of the page you MUST make picks for that week once you visit the pickem page. Visiting that page is a good faith measure that the person is able to make picks for that week since they are able to visit that page. At that point they are entered into the game for that week. The game is designed so you must pick every game or you will get scored as a loss. This is so people aren't able to pick and choose what games they pick to avoid losing points.

If you weren't sure about picking against the spreads you should have still made some picks and then come back to change them once you got the questions answered you needed answered. Once you input picks you can come back and change them until the game is locked. You have everything to lose by not making some picks and nothing to gain by leaving them blank. You aren't the only person who has left picks blank. Some people can't seem to make a decision and get upset when they lose points because they left a game blank. Don't leave any games blank! The bottom line is once you load that page make a choice for each game even if it's picking all the home teams. Then you will have some picks in and they aren't set in stone until the game is locked so you are free to change them at will.

We're really sorry about this and wish we could be more accomodating. Unfortunately, it would not be fair to others if we used our discression to make changes in response to issues like this. When we rolled out the game we explained it was a beta game and the rules are what they are we're not going to change them mid-stream. Next season, we will consider giving people a click through that will enter them in the game for that week so they can visit their pickem home page and not make any picks. To me, this defeats the purpose of having the game but there has been some response about this. Actually, it's an addition of a step to the process and I'm certain there will be those who won't see why they have to click through another link just to get in the game. We really don't mean to penalize anyone who does not make picks, however we want to keep it so people can't pick and choose the games they pick and leave others blank. The way it is now everyone picks every game, unless they miss a week for some reason and will not be included in the scoring for that week. Once you visit the pickem page you have confirmed to the game you are not going to miss the week and you will be scored for every game that week whether you make a pick or not.

Finally, I really don't understand your description of the sequence of events that led up to your being -140 and your choice not to pick after that. The only way you would have lost 140 points is to visit the page during the week and not fill in any games. But the game would have been locked for gameday and the scoring not done until after the monday night game was played. When the game was scored you would have been scored with a loss for every game you did not pick. Either way there is a two to three day window between locking the game and scoring being rolled out for that week. Additionally, there was a window between when you first visited the page and when the game was locked you could have went back and input your picks.

The bottom line for us is we are not going to change the way the game works during the game. We may make some cosmetic changes but the actual process will not be changed. We're not saying you don't deserve the courtesy of our making accomodations for this unfortunate circumstance. Unfortunately, the other 50 or so people playing the game also deserve the courtesy of the game being the game they thought they were playing at the onset when it reaches it's conclusion. In addition, there have been others who have failed to make their picks and we're sure there will be more in the future. We can't go back and make all these changes. The onus is on the participant in the game to make sure their picks are complete for the week not the administrators of the game or the game itself. When you load your pickem page it clearly states at the top you must make picks for that week or you will be scored with a loss for every game that week. We hope you participate in the game during the coming weeks. There is plenty of opportunity for you to be the top scorer a few weeks. Perhaps you can mount a come from behind charge to the top!

Ebenezer
09-30-2002, 07:10 AM
I think I had yet another negative week...

WCoastFin
09-30-2002, 03:44 PM
I dont even want to look at mine.

Mad Bomber
09-30-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Typ0
Perhaps you can mount a come from behind charge to the top!
Thanks, Typ0,
Looks like I have my work cut out for me!:priest:

TigerJ
10-01-2002, 11:19 PM
Well I guess I didn't make my big move yet, but I kept pace with Clumpy. I'm only 410 points behind him. I expect to sweep next week. LOL