PDA

View Full Version : Bears Defensive Coord on the radio yesterday...

Earthquake Enyart
09-24-2002, 09:04 AM
Greg Blache (the same guy who supposedly told the Bears to go after Vick's knees) really has a lot of respect for the Bills offense. He recognized a lot of Gilbride "run and shoot" philosophy and said how the Bills have 2 WR who have more catches than Marty Booker, the Bear go-to guy. At first he was looking forward to the Bills game because the Bears started against Culpepper, Vick, and Brooks. They could tee off and go after a stationary Drew. Blache also said that when he was with the Colts, they felt that they could rattle Drew if they hit him enough.

The Bears lost another DB (Gray) so 2 of the 4 opening day starters aren't going to play. Plus they lost Tony Parrish to FA, and haven't gotten much of a pass rush so far.

casdhf
09-24-2002, 09:12 AM
I'm thinking the Bears are gonna own the clock this game, but the Bears secondary wasn't very good to begin with and losing all these defensive players, it should be a march down the field and score at will....hopefully :D

Creemoredrinker
09-24-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
....the Bears secondary wasn't very good to begin with and losing all these defensive players, it should be a march down the field and score at will....hopefully :D

:blowtop:

It will like a parade for the Bills. One march down the field followed by another.

I don't know if we will be able to run between the tackles against them even with Ted out. They are still soooo strong up the middle. Perhaps we should bring in Bryson to run around the outside?

:couch:

casdhf
09-24-2002, 09:18 AM
I think Teague will be able to get to Urlacher

Earthquake Enyart
09-24-2002, 10:24 AM
If the Bills are going to give up 4+ sacks per game, I don't know if Drew will make it through Sunday. That Urhlacher will pop you.

LABillsFan
09-24-2002, 10:47 AM
So true EE. He can hit and he can run, the O line has got to be able to pick up the Blitzes a lot better. Anything the Bills can do to get the running game going is key in keeping Bledsoe healthy as well.

MissBuffalo
09-24-2002, 10:47 AM
The Bears secondary is really banged up, so I hope we can control the game that way. But without some form of running game, it's going to be another back and forth game unless our defense takes charge.

WG
09-24-2002, 10:59 AM
I think we're on the same sheet here for the most part.

"I think Teague will be able to get to Urlacher"

Is that a joke? Urlacher would treat Teague like the undersized lineman that he is. If that's the matchup, it won't be pretty! Teague will get tossed around and aside like a ping-pong ball in a wave tank.

I don't think Drew's gonna have the problems against this secondary unless he gets pressured too much. But then Gilbride will have to call the game to get rid of the ball quickly.

Mixing up the runs w/ some sweeps or others would be nice. It seems like the only runs that are in the playbook are "off tackle" and UTMs.

MissBuffalo
09-24-2002, 11:05 AM
I agree with the runs in the playbook wys. I'm not a football play expert (although I play a pretty good Madden 2003--LOL) but they have seemed a bit basic, with little or no mix-up.
And I HOPE Teague can get to Urlacher, but that seems as likely as me winning the lottery this week. I have to give props to Brian though, he is one of my favorite players.

Earthquake Enyart
09-24-2002, 11:46 AM
The Bears have the most active LB's in the league. They will make the short passing game very difficult. The key will be if Drew will have enough time to go deep. That's where the Bears are vulnerable.

If you go to the game, put the binoculars on #54 in white. The guy is amazing.

TigerJ
09-24-2002, 10:13 PM
When will we play a team that doesn't have the fastest most active LBs in the league? Remember Denver's LBs are supposed to be able to outrun WRs. Even granting that Chicago has great linebackers, the fact that their DBs are thin and banged up should allow Buffalo to pass both long and short.

I got really frustrated in the Denver game when Buffalo tried to run sweeps outside several times. When your opponent has fast linebackers, running outside is very hard to do. It didn't work vs. Denver, it won't work versus Chicago. Instead I'd like to see Buffalo run off tackle plays and draws. I'd also lilke to see some plays to take advantage of overpursuit, screens and reverses.

Defensively, I don't know how much differently I'd play Chicago from Denver (other than better that is). We still have to keep a lot of guys in the box. I don't think Chicago has receivers quite as dangerous as we've faced the last two weeks. That ought to make our DBs breathe a sigh of relief.

Cntrygal
09-24-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
That Urhlacher will pop you.

I wouldn't mind if he came down with a cold or something. I really don't want him to hit Drew, especially more than once. I really hope we can keep him under some semblence of control.

:ontome:

payton34
09-25-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Greg Blache (the same guy who supposedly told the Bears to go after Vick's knees) really has a lot of respect for the Bills offense. He recognized a lot of Gilbride "run and shoot" philosophy and said how the Bills have 2 WR who have more catches than Marty Booker, the Bear go-to guy. At first he was looking forward to the Bills game because the Bears started against Culpepper, Vick, and Brooks. They could tee off and go after a stationary Drew. Blache also said that when he was with the Colts, they felt that they could rattle Drew if they hit him enough.

The Bears lost another DB (Gray) so 2 of the 4 opening day starters aren't going to play. Plus they lost Tony Parrish to FA, and haven't gotten much of a pass rush so far.

Gray was one step from the practice squad. 4th or 5th string not a starter.