Media Criticism of our Rushing Game starting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Media Criticism of our Rushing Game starting?

Is the media finally starting to realize that Henry's too inconsistent at this point to be our starting RB?

"I like Travis Henry. He’s tough and talented but he’s yet to find a level of consistency anywhere near that of the best ball carriers in the NFL..."

"I think one solution to the running game woes is to mix in Shawn Bryson. It’s obvious the Bills want Henry to be their primary ball carrier, and that’s not a bad thing. The best backs in the league are the ones who carry a full load because it enables them to get into a rhythm. But I’m not sure Henry is equipped to carry the full load. We saw last year that he was prone to nagging injuries (he missed the last three games), and Sunday he twisted an ankle on his fumble. Henry packs a pretty solid 220 pounds on a 5-foot-9 frame, but he wears down from all the pounding. Using Bryson not only would give Henry a break and ease the pounding on his body, but it also would throw a change-up at the opposing defense and make them have to prepare for Bryson."

...Thoughts?
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Creemoredrinker
    Senior Zoner
    • Sep 2002

Be Patient O' Wise Guy

It has only been three games.

Generally speaking, I like the idea of one RB who gets the vast majority of the hand offs, but this week against a Bears team that may be impossible to run up the middle against even with Ted out, I think bringing in Bryson to run around the outside once in a while would be a good idea. The problem is we tend to tip off the opposition when we do that.

Henry will emerge. Give the guy some time since with his injuries last year, he has still NOT played a full season.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

We just faced two tough rush defenses. We shouldn't draw conclusions based on just two weeks. Henry was given the opportunity to run vs. the Jets and he ran well.

The theme is "we'll take what we can get." If we have to (or can) pass, we'll pass. If we have to (or can) run, we'll run.

Comment

• Herdwatcher
        One out of many
        • Jul 2002

We (they) don't know what it is about the running game. Only time is going to tell that. The obvious places to start are.. the O-line and why Kevin Gilbride is calling on the rb's less than 20 times. Let the media say all they want they have no clue either.
        Pounding the world like a battering-ram!

Comment

• Wys Guy
          • Jul 2002

Last year Henry did jack!

This year he's showing the exact same issues of last year.

How many games are you guys gonna wait? 6, 8, the full season?

If he plays like he did last season, you can count on this. Good games against the Jets twice, Detroit, Houston maybe. Then 1 or 2 more games where he has maybe 80 or 90 and then 10 games where he's played just like he did for the past two games.

???

But, I guess if that makes ya happy...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
            Senior Zoner
            • Sep 2002

Holes Make Me Happy

Originally posted by Wys Guy
            Last year Henry did jack!

This year he's showing the exact same issues of last year.

How many games are you guys gonna wait? 6, 8, the full season?

If he plays like he did last season, you can count on this. Good games against the Jets twice, Detroit, Houston maybe. Then 1 or 2 more games where he has maybe 80 or 90 and then 10 games where he's played just like he did for the past two games.

???

But, I guess if that makes ya happy...

Both on the OL and elsewhere. Holes should make you happy too.

Comment

• Wys Guy
              • Jul 2002

As long as it's not on the other team's OL...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BledsoeRocks
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsFanOne
                We just faced two tough rush defenses

+Broncos a tough run D yes! Vikings NO! Lamar smith made them look like swish cheese. We should have been able to run on the Vikes.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

Totally agreed!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• WCoastFin
                    I have the arms of a new born baby!
                    • Jul 2002

What rushing game? you guys have a rushing game?.....Why do you think Bledsoe has so many yards....did you ever believe hes really that good?
                    We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• Buffarama
                      Football-Sport of the Gods
                      • Jul 2002

Running back by comittee sucks IMO. The main reason being it telegraphs the plays by our personnel package. Our running game is telegraphed enough as it is, without bringing personnel to help the other team figure out what we're going to call.
                      Lets face it, Henry is the most capable of the bunch. Either go with him or get someone else. Bryson and Morris will never cut it.

Comment

• Buffarama
                        Football-Sport of the Gods
                        • Jul 2002

BTW, once again the offensive line coach is not teaching proper run blocking techniques. How do I know? Cause they aren't working!!!

Comment

• bduff54
                          • Jul 2002

the main reason for me, is that we are falling behind in every game and gilbride is abandoning the run. how many carries does TH have? it can't be much more than 50. he need 20-25 a game for us to be affective on the ground

Comment

• Pride
                            • Jul 2002

Henry isnt doing well because of the Rush. Teams know they aren't going to stop our 3-4 WR's every play, so instead they are Teeing off on Bledsoe trying to get into his face. Also, by do that, they are shutting down the Run Game.

If you look at the plays, TH is not getting slammed at the line, he is getting hit in the backfield and scrambling to the LOScrimmage.

That tells me that it is NOT his fault. Plus, thus far he has been an excellent receiver out of the Backfield.

Lay off of him! I think you will see Week 1 TH in week 4.

Comment

Working...
                            X