• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IHateTheDullphins
    New and Improved!!
    • Aug 2003

Not worried about Eagles

Here's why:

If you look at the matchups, we have the advantage in almost every category.

Our 'O' against their 'D'>

As depleted as they are, I don't see us having much difficulty moving the ball consistently, especially through the air.
    Hopefully we can get the runnin game back on track as well.
    Drew should get plenty of time to throw.

Our 'D' against their 'O'>

I've noticed that McNadds has been reluctant to tuck and run in the two games I've seen, but that doesn't mean that he won't hesitate against us. Our speed should contain him enough, plus he has looked awful throwing the ball (Clements knows this!).

My prediction--- Bills win 28-10
    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

After Miami - and considering that our already anemic running game could be even worse due to injury - I'm concerned about everybody. Plus, the Eagles are hungry and coming off a bye week. The seeds of another disaster could be sown.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
      New and Improved!!
      • Aug 2003

I see your point, but I disagree. The Bills are just as hungry IMO. We got the home crowd, it's sold out, and our team gets really fired up at home. I think we're too tough at home.
      Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

I agree, we will win this one with a hardfought first half, running away with it in the second half against a demoralized Philly team that has lost their identity.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I hope you're right. If we get something out of Burns (I'm assuming Travis will play very little if at all), we could be OK.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
            New and Improved!!
            • Aug 2003

I think we need a change of pace right now anyway, Joe Burns IMO is more than ready to step in. I like this kid, liked him all through pre-season, he makes things happen.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

I didn't think the fins could beat the bills if the bills showed up. Apparently, the O stayed at home. We lost. The same thing could happen against any team. Hell , I'm not looking past the bengals either.

The O hasn't proven it's any better than last years O. We started strong and yet folded. I'm not completely sold on Drew and the O.

The D is the only consistent part of the team. Oh and Moorman.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Dolfan984
                • Jul 2003

The Bills need this win 'almost' as much as Miami needed last weeks win. Buffalo will win, but you better run a little more if you want to do it.
                Last edited by Dolfan984; 09-25-2003, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                  New and Improved!!
                  • Aug 2003

I agree, I'm not looking past anyone on our schedule, but this game I believe the Bills will come out on top.

Comment

• socalfan
                    Old Fogey from Cali
                    • Feb 2003

Last year when the Bills lost that big one to the Pats, Drew seemed to fall apart for several weeks.....Last week was a big one, and the Bills's fell apart just like last year against the Pats. I'm thinking, it will have it impact on Drew for several weeks. I hope he at least comes out and plays average.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                      New and Improved!!
                      • Aug 2003

One big difference between this year and last. Defense. Average is all he needs to be.

Comment

• jaja54
                        • Aug 2003

The Eagles defense has given up a LOT of yards thru the air. Bledsoe should feast this week. However, you have to have some semblence of a running game.

Defensively you'll be able to disrupt them. If you keep Mcnabb from scrambling and playing "street football" you should dominate.

Prediction: Bills Win

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

The fins were ranked dead last going into the bills game. Drew isn't gonna feast against anyone when his thoughts are in Montana. He needs to get his head screwed on.

I'm tired of his " we need to get better at this and that" He knew what needed to be done going into the fins game. I'm not blaming him for the loss, but I expect a lot more from him.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• Miami_Vice
                            • Aug 2003

Actually the Bills did show up last weekend, but they got sent back to Barfalo battered and bruised (hey Takeo, how did you like RIcky?) LOL

But I think the BIlls should win againist the pathetic iggles

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Miami_Vice
                              Actually the Bills did show up last weekend, but they got sent back to Barfalo battered and bruised (hey Takeo, how did you like RIcky?) LOL

But I think the BIlls should win againist the pathetic iggles
                              Yo Miami Mice. You're all talk now that the fins won the game. Where were you before that?
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X