• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

On Watson:

Watson has to quit running off at the mouth cryin' about penalties and start being near his WR when the ball gets there. He also needs to learn how to play w/o making two or three defensive holding penalties b/c his man is about to beat him like eggs for an omelet!

"Watson was critical of the officiating, saying the Broncos got all the pass-related contact calls. That made him play tentatively on that fourth- down play, he said.

“I don’t think we got one good call,” Watson said. “Their receivers were pushing off a lot and holding us when we were playing bump and run. The refs didn’t recognize that. We figured as a secondary we had to be physical with them. If they were going to allow them to do it, we could do it back, but I guess they were at home and we didn’t get the calls.”

Deal w/ it Chris. When's the last time the Bills "got the calls?"

"Smith, whom the Broncos strategically matched against Bills’ nickel corner Chris Watson as much as possible, drew three contact penalties, two that kept scoring drives alive."

Gee! I wonder why they wanted to match up Smith, one of the best WRs in the league, w/ Watson? Hmmm...

There's a tough one!

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Creemoredrinker
    Senior Zoner
    • Sep 2002

Yes, It Was a Mismatch

Perhaps our DC should have picked it up and brought in another DB, but I think they have CW rated as the # 3 corner on the depth chart.

Comment

• Wys Guy
      • Jul 2002

Or perhaps we should simply bench him or cut him altogether. The man just can't cover.

It was actually funny. I sat w/ one of our posters during the game on Sunday. I could tell from a distance w/o seeing who the CB was, when it was Watson covering. We played that game all thru the 4th Q and part of the 3rd. I was wrong once. That was when Winfield got burned by Smith for the TD. I figured that was Watson too.

Just pay particular attention to him next game and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. Usually when his man doesn't catch the ball it's b/c it wasn't thrown his way or wasn't accurate. It's normal and usual for Watson to be 2 steps behind whomever he's covering. Not to mention that he just can't tackle either.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Creemoredrinker
        Senior Zoner
        • Sep 2002

Should We Bring Ken Irwin Back?

I watched the Saints game for less than 10 minutes and Ken "I Never Met a WR I Could NOT Interfere With" Irwin got two PI calls against him.

Hey, there simply is NOT enough quality DBs in the league to cover these pass happy offenses out there.

We could give PP or TT a try. I suspect the coaches think Jenkins is too slow for man-to-man coverage.

Comment

• Herdwatcher
          One out of many
          • Jul 2002

Watson did get picked on quite a bit. But it was Winfield who did the whinning, and Winfield who let Rod Smith go free into the end zone for the score.
          Pounding the world like a battering-ram!

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

yeah, Winfield didn't have a great game either. It almost seems like Winfield's gotten worse every year.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• MissBuffalo
              Quiddity
              • Jul 2002

I also thought it was silly to keep Watson matched up with Rod Smith most of the game. I never thought he was a good DB and I was puzzled on why we had kept him. Maybe we should throw Jenkins in there (even though he's a safety)....at least he can cover.
              See me here pushing you
              If I then deny I do
              Contemplate or wish away
              If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Jenkins can't cover...that's why he's restricted to playing SS. As far as Watson, this is the first game I can remember him performing that poorly at CB.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Watson has had two rough outings in a row...I can't wait til we play a team that does not have 3 wide outs...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I don't know enough about strategizing in football to know how Denver did it, but Denver intentionally worked to get the Watson/Smith matchup. I don't know how much Jerry Grey could have done to foil that matchup either, but he obviously wasn't successful.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                    X