PDA

View Full Version : What do You Think About the Home/Away Jersey Switch?

Myers57
09-25-2003, 02:18 PM
As some of you may know, the original home jerseys are going to be away now while ditto for the original away jerseys for all of the NHL.

This will mean teams will be able to wear their alternates at home more often and fans will be able to see their teams in dark colors.

I am excitied about this change because I prefer the black and red jersey over the white one and hopefully it will help promote sales.

David Deboudt
09-25-2003, 02:21 PM
I think that's a good think for the NHL in general, but not for the Sabres. I actually prefer the white ones over the black ones, but anyway, we'll see more white this year than black, as team won't be able to wear their alternate on the road, meaning that the dark/red will be split between the 41 home games :cowboy:

Myers57
09-25-2003, 02:22 PM
I liked the Sabres Blue And Gold home jerseys over their away, but I am a big fan of the current alternate jersey now.

Myers57
09-25-2003, 02:24 PM
BTW Dave, are the staff avatars going to be the same on this forum as on the other, because if they are I will just spend my zone bucks and upload it here.

The Spaz
09-25-2003, 02:34 PM
I would like them go back to the blue white and gold but keep the Buffalo. I have seen some fan renditions of it and think it looks cool.....IMO!:)

Rhett4NHL
09-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by SabresBlueAndGold
As some of you may know, the original home jerseys are going to be away now while ditto for the original away jerseys for all of the NHL.

This will mean teams will be able to wear their alternates at home more often and fans will be able to see their teams in dark colors.

I am excitied about this change because I prefer the black and red jersey over the white one and hopefully it will help promote sales.

I actually like the white jerseys the best, followed by the black. The red ones are ugly, plain and simple. I sure hope we don't see too much of that.

David Deboudt
09-25-2003, 03:13 PM
I really enjoy the red jerseys, and the red hot Fridays will be exciting this year!

You'll soon have your new staff avatars and you won't ahve to spend your zonebucks on it by the way.

Rhett4NHL
09-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by David Deboudt
I really enjoy the red jerseys, and the red hot Fridays will be exciting this year!

You'll soon have your new staff avatars and you won't ahve to spend your zonebucks on it by the way.

Yay for avatars.

SABuffalo786
09-25-2003, 03:33 PM
Anything with red, and black with a goats head sucks.

Blue and Gold forever!

:madcurse:

The_Philster
09-25-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Rhett4NHL
I actually like the white jerseys the best, followed by the black. The red ones are ugly, plain and simple. I sure hope we don't see too much of that.

I agree completely. The first time they wore those I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't watching a Blackhawks game. :eek:

Myers57
09-25-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by SABuffalo786

Blue and Gold forever!

:madcurse:

Good man!

Hence the name, SabresBlueandGold:5:

ILiveInHSBCArena
09-25-2003, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know why the blue and gold Jerseys did not happen over the summer, I remember in the old forum we had a thread started up, what ever happened to it?

and yeah... the Red ones suck

pyrrhonist
09-25-2003, 07:42 PM
Blue and Gold forever!

Amen. I agree that the jersey rule change is bad for Buffalo, as our black jerseys are horrible. I prefer the white jerseys over any of the 3 we have right now.

To answer the question about why the blue & gold didn't go through, one particular item of note is that the team has to notify the league at least 1 year in advance. Even if they wanted to make the change, they'd have had to have said something over a year prior to this season.

Dozerdog
09-25-2003, 07:52 PM
NHL Marketing dept.....

SABURZFAN
09-26-2003, 07:01 AM

Blue and Gold forever!

:up: